Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:39:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Still too many bulltards  (Read 1873 times)
Edward50 (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 12:13:52 AM

I just can't believe how many bulltards there are. I like this word as it wasn't around in 2012. This is why I think bitcoin still has way to go lower. It is far from the stages of capitulation and fear.

Just read any of the posts, you have most people saying stuff like below. Just read and you will see what I mean.

Great time to buy.
I'm happy that it is this low I can buy more.
I want it to fall lower to buy more.
It will be back above $300 in no time.
Great buying opportunity.

Nobody is talking about the fact that it continues to fall. Just the fact that it is better buying opportunities.

This tells me that we are probably in the Denial stage at this point. People still denying the fact that bitcoin has fallen for over a year and keeps going lower. Denial that bitcoin hasn't reached mainstream even though it was on the news everyday and had its greatest chance to go mainstream. 

I believe there is still so much room to fall. Bitcoin was steady at $10-$13 for a while and it just spiked up too fast.

I personally wouldn't buy bitcoin unless it was priced below $50 dollars. To me it is not worth more than $50 max.

Like I already told you guys. Stop buying bitcoin as an investment to get rich until the price long term stabilizes for over a year or two years. Like it was a great opportunity to buy with it was $12 because it held that price for a long time.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bernard Lerring

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 12:18:03 AM

I'm watching it break below 280 and I really should get some sleep, but I want to see it crash to ~110 to start buying.

Guess I'll just keep staring...
xDan

Activity: 688

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 12:21:22 AM

The crucial element that is missing in your argument is that everybody is a 'tard.

We are currently in the tard stage of Bitcoin and will likely remain there for many more years.

But a reasonable post all the same.

(The chance to "go mainstream" has never remotely existed yet IMO. Bitcoin requires more actual reasons to use it. The average Joe might know about Bitcoin just as they know - think they know - about quantum physics. It's a buzzword with no particular relevance in their lives. Maybe one day it will be more?)

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
Edward50 (OP)

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 12:29:42 AM

Yes, not everyone is a bull tard, I should have not put it like that.

There are a few out there who also are very bullish and express their opinions on here. But these people are rare.

There is absolutely no good reason for bitcoin to go higher at this point. There is almost no mainstream news anymore about it. It had its chance I believe but it didn't catch on because the population is not sophisticated enough to use it.

When I was really using it to gamble with alt-coins, I was surprised just how difficult it was to actually use it and also to make sure everything is secured. I found it too difficult to use, too long to wait for confirmations, and too many fees to buy bitcoins and sell them, and to also transfer them into other coins. I also lost a small amount on Mt. Gox.

Lucky for me I made out with NXT coin to make up for all my other losses.

It may have an appeal to a small sophisticated community, but that is really all. Within that community it has no real benefit also as fiat is just as good.

The only thing bitcoin could succeed if they have a silk road again where you can buy illegal drugs and other items. But we saw what happens with that.

Now that the USD is gaining strength...

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
Bernard Lerring

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 12:35:54 AM

Yup. I appreciate that "there's no good reason for Bitcoin to go higher at this point".

I'll stop watching the f***ing ticker and go to sleep. I was frightened of missing a spectacular low but It'll be interesting to see the charts in the morning  Shocked
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 12:36:40 AM

I just can't believe how many bulltards there are. I like this word as it wasn't around in 2012. This is why I think bitcoin still has way to go lower. It is far from the stages of capitulation and fear.

Just read any of the posts, you have most people saying stuff like below. Just read and you will see what I mean.

Great time to buy.
I'm happy that it is this low I can buy more.
I want it to fall lower to buy more.
It will be back above $300 in no time.
Great buying opportunity.

Nobody is talking about the fact that it continues to fall. Just the fact that it is better buying opportunities.

This tells me that we are probably in the Denial stage at this point. People still denying the fact that bitcoin has fallen for over a year and keeps going lower. Denial that bitcoin hasn't reached mainstream even though it was on the news everyday and had its greatest chance to go mainstream.  

I believe there is still so much room to fall. Bitcoin was steady at $10-$13 for a while and it just spiked up too fast.

I personally wouldn't buy bitcoin unless it was priced below $50 dollars. To me it is not worth more than $50 max.

Like I already told you guys. Stop buying bitcoin as an investment to get rich until the price long term stabilizes for over a year or two years. Like it was a great opportunity to buy with it was $12 because it held that price for a long time.

I'd agree, but I don't think its linear progression market has become too complex for that now, I think we have been oscillating between denial and depression (and stages inbetween) for some time e.g. on this one (plucked at random others exist) http://blog.stocktwits.com/wp-content/uploads/original_15972121-700x370.png

I am just one of the bulltards though, so I'm always perma-hope... and your posts are always a releif, so....

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 12:52:33 AM

I actually believe that a lot of the really weak hands have already left the game. Maybe for good. Some of them may have even reached the acceptance phase by now. Also some of the more risk-prone people could be wiped out completely cause they've been margin-called already.

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 12:53:34 AM

whats a buzzard?
celebreze32

Activity: 296

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 12:57:29 AM

Yup. I appreciate that "there's no good reason for Bitcoin to go higher at this point".

I'll stop watching the f***ing ticker and go to sleep. I was frightened of missing a spectacular low but It'll be interesting to see the charts in the morning  Shocked

I'm losing too much sleep myself. Unfortunately I have found that whenever a spectacular bitcoin event happens it's usually at the time of the morning when I am in the bathroom. I hope I have not missed it again tomorrow morning.
xDan

Activity: 688

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:00:12 AM

whats a buzzard?
I believe it's a type of small furry animal, closely related to the lemming.

I'm losing too much sleep myself. Unfortunately I have found that whenever a spectacular bitcoin event happens it's usually at the time of the morning when I am in the bathroom. I hope I have not missed it again tomorrow morning.
bull or bear, this is fun, and a damn sight more exciting than all that stability we've been having.

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
waaat?

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:03:03 AM

well - marketcycles don't apply for collapsing ponzischemes or popping bubbles

bulltards could be well aware of all this as they bought for 50 cents a coin and need to uphold the illusion to be able to keep selling at good prices - so maybe the bulltards aren't even buying their own bullshit
exocytosis

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:06:41 AM

whats a buzzard?

A bird of prey. Also: A decent combat helicopter in GTA V/Online. Good for griefing.
arieq

Activity: 364
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:18:23 AM

I think it's a real market pressure down, but this is only because btc was way over hyped ('bitcoin to 100,000 or a million!' etc). If it goes down to like 200, there is a much slower uptrend down there.

arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 05:59:12 AM

I actually believe that a lot of the really weak hands have already left the game. Maybe for good. Some of them may have even reached the acceptance phase by now. Also some of the more risk-prone people could be wiped out completely cause they've been margin-called already.

Yes. Got to wonder who still hold more than 10 btc at this stage.
ivyleague1985

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 06:19:32 AM

It is trading, dude. Short, Cover and Long. Why you be a beartard?
twiifm

Activity: 784

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 06:22:41 AM

Cause it's easier to follow trend than trade against it
ivyleague1985

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 06:27:54 AM

Trend can be reversed. Too many bears can still crowd a working short into a non-working one. Whales are hunting for profit but not for bear hypes. If a short squeeze is lucrative, why not start it? You saw the rally from $300 to $450 once, the whale surely has the power to repeat it.

Never be 100% sure about something that is out of your control, because you are a retail not a whale.
twiifm

Activity: 784

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:58:12 PM

Trend can be reversed. Too many bears can still crowd a working short into a non-working one. Whales are hunting for profit but not for bear hypes. If a short squeeze is lucrative, why not start it? You saw the rally from $300 to $450 once, the whale surely has the power to repeat it.

Never be 100% sure about something that is out of your control, because you are a retail not a whale.

Absolutely, but no signs of reversal yet.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 02:00:49 PM

The OP is a beartard. He's fallen for an obvious beartrap.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 02:07:12 PM

So the price falls a little bit and people are losing their bundles in panic.  It appears it doesn't take much to send the bitcoin community in a panic.  Sad.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: