Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:17:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Intersango Incompetence (First Experience - Not Good)  (Read 4401 times)
JohnWayne99 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 12:45:17 AM

Just use Bitstamp, never any problems.
MTGox charges too much fees and intersango, well what to say about them, they are as "bad" as MTGox.

Speaking of MTGox I've got an international wire for 500 pounds after 12 days still not arrived. Undecided
I'm quite happy with the service I've received from GOX so far and they are always quick to respond to any query, they did say it takes 12 days to process an international wire or something when I asked a few days ago, and I think they were pleasant to deal with.
I hope I can just stay with GOX and everything works out with them, they deal with 90% of Bitcoin transactions so I hope think they can't be that bad.

Thank you for your comment.  We usually reply to our customers within  1 day as we now have a 24 hours Support for 6 days (Sunday off). If you require any further assistance regarding your withdrawal, please feel free to contact us at the Support Desk and we will track your withdrawal status for you.  We look forward to being able to serve you again.

Transfer came through already to my account with no problems at all,

Thanks Mt.Gox. Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JohnWayne99 (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 01:11:51 AM

i still think intersango is good , also better if they get someone else for customer support

It doesn't matter how good you claim Intersango are, if they can't perform simple tasks or provide answers to questions then who would willingly volunteer them self as a victim to that crap.  Cheesy

ledgerman

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 08:53:32 AM

i would probably stay away from intersango and use one of the smaller cash-in-the-mail services...
bitcats
Legendary

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 09:00:23 AM

i would probably stay away from intersango and use one of the smaller cash-in-the-mail services...
Could you tell me some? (no link to localbitcoins)

"Unser Problem ist nicht ziviler Ungehorsam, unser Problem ist ziviler Gehorsam."  - Howard Zinn
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2012, 09:05:34 AM

but one thing i dont like is they dont delete your account/details. I dont want them keeping info in database
Bitcoin exchanges are not Facebook.

You can't just delete all the information that is linked to your account without messing up the accounting.
And if transactions remain they have to be linked to an account Smiley

JohnWayne99 (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 10:19:58 AM

but one thing i dont like is they dont delete your account/details. I dont want them keeping info in database
Bitcoin exchanges are not Facebook.

You can't just delete all the information that is linked to your account without messing up the accounting.
And if transactions remain they have to be linked to an account Smiley

It's more to do with the requirements by certain laws on keeping records for a certain period of time (usually about 3 years) in case of any illegal activity.
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2012, 12:35:37 PM

It's more to do with the requirements by certain laws on keeping records for a certain period of time (usually about 3 years) in case of any illegal activity.
These apply to properly registered financial providers. Not a plain company running in a gray area with a polish bank account.
See this.

JohnWayne99 (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 01:49:12 PM

These apply to properly registered financial providers. Not a plain company running in a gray area with a polish bank account.
See this.

I was just going off Mt.Gox policy as a guideline which dictates that they are obliged to do so for at least 5 years https://mtgox.com/privacy_policy

Retention of Personal Information

We will hold your Personal Information only for as long as it is necessary for us to do so, having regard to the purposes described in this Privacy Policy and our own legal and regulatory requirements. In accordance with our record keeping obligations we will retain Accounts and Personal Information for, at least a period of five years after they are closed by Members.

If Intersango are keeping information when they have no obligation to do so then they are just being awkward I suppose.
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2012, 02:09:17 PM

I was just going off Mt.Gox policy as a guideline which dictates that they are obliged to do so for at least 5 years https://mtgox.com/privacy_policy
If Intersango are keeping information when they have no obligation to do so then they are just being awkward I suppose.
I highly doubt MtGox has an actual legal duty to do so since they are not regulated as a financial operator.
They can still comply with regulations they are not legally subjected to, and IMO it is a good thing since we all want the bitcoin trading industry to gain a better legal recognition. And the first step to do so is to honestly acknowledge that, as of today, we all operate in a completely gray area with high legal risk and uncertainty.

anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 03:51:35 PM

we all want the bitcoin trading industry to gain a better legal recognition. And the first step to do so is to honestly acknowledge that, as of today, we all operate in a completely gray area with high legal risk and uncertainty.

Bitcoin is directly in the way of the cashless society people in the government. Asking for better legal recognition is asking for a legal situation where it is impossible to comply. Their goal after all is complete tracking and control of all financial transaction. No tax evasion any more and if you do illegitimate things, government can cancel the transaction in real time. What makes you think law makers are going to be in any way supportive of an online currency that would put an end to these wet totalitarian dreams?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2012, 07:29:23 PM

Asking for better legal recognition is asking for a legal situation where it is impossible to comply.
That's not exactly how I define "better".

What makes you think law makers are going to be in any way supportive of an online currency that would put an end to these wet totalitarian dreams?
I don't know. I'm still going to try instead of looking for reasons not to Smiley

JohnWayne99 (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 08:18:29 PM

I'm sick of all this Intersango bashing. Your just fucking jelous that someone else is making the money than you. Why don't you go out and start your own exchange if you think your so great.

Intersango hardly make any money at all in their puny little exchange, Mt.Gox makes more money in an hour than they can make in a year.

& rager69 you just prove what a numbskull you really are.
gyverlb

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 09:32:08 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2012, 12:19:12 AM by gyverlb

Intersango hardly make any money at all in their puny little exchange, Mt.Gox makes more money in an hour than they can make in a year.
Thanks for providing proof that you are indeed a troll, meet my (and probably several others') ignore list.

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
Tip: 17bdPfKXXvr7zETKRkPG14dEjfgBt5k2dd
Shadow383

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 10:22:20 PM

And the trading system is like something from medieval times it would only take a small amount of code to calculate how many bitcoins you can buy with the amount of money you type in, instead they use this draconian method and you end up with an obscure amount of currency left in you're account like 0.04 pence, it's a wonder how people trade on this site.

You mean, like the vast majority of exchanges and trading systems? They even show you the total value of your order before you submit it...

1) I called from england and england does have area codes and the intersango area code is 02081 which means london you freaking Neanderthal,
2) England is part of the European Union which is far bigger than the U.S.A OK idiot and they have time zones and country codes there too,
3) My name isn't John Wayne and I'm not little, obviously you don't even know who John Wayne is,
4) You probably work for Intersango and registered here to give me some crap on this thread or why else would you make such a comment here,
5) America was part of the British Empire at one point in history, so cut the crap about England being too small and insignificant, and after all what language do you speak in America.... oh yes it's English,

END OF RANT

This was probably my favourite line of the whole rant.

Now for some balance:

As a UK Citizen with a GBP bank account, almost every withdrawal I've ever made (I'm a miner to the extent of a few gigahash, so I never really need to buy to finance my bitcoin spending...) has been done via intersango. Looking back through my history I've been cashing out a few hundred pounds per month there since back when it was Britcoin.

I have never had a withdrawal take more than 2 days, and the fees are pretty minimal too.
Given all the horror stories of people waiting months for four and five figure payments from Mt Gox, I would imagine Intersango isn't exactly a great risk comparatively...
stratus

Activity: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 10:24:39 PM

2) England is part of the European Union which is far bigger than the U.S.A OK idiot and they have time zones and country codes there too,

Umm... The EU is less than half the size of the US.
bitcats
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 06:53:01 AM

Maybe geographically, but certainly not regarding intelligence, civilization and culture.

"Unser Problem ist nicht ziviler Ungehorsam, unser Problem ist ziviler Gehorsam."  - Howard Zinn
JohnWayne99 (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 11:04:30 AM
Last edit: July 13, 2012, 11:32:37 AM by JohnWayne99

Thanks for providing proof that you are indeed a troll, meet my (and probably several others') ignore list.

This is my thread ASSHAT so you are the one intruding or trolling IDIOT !.

And the statement above is of actual fact and true it in no way makes me a troll ASSHAT.
JohnWayne99 (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 11:14:09 AM

Maybe geographically, but certainly not regarding intelligence, civilization and culture.

As for these 2 ASSHATS just to mention 1 country in the EU, Russia alone is double the size of America.

@Bitcats go and drink some moonshine you inbred Hillbillie.
JohnWayne99 (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 11:27:57 AM
Last edit: July 13, 2012, 12:15:52 PM by JohnWayne99

And the trading system is like something from medieval times it would only take a small amount of code to calculate how many bitcoins you can buy with the amount of money you type in, instead they use this draconian method and you end up with an obscure amount of currency left in you're account like 0.04 pence, it's a wonder how people trade on this site.

You mean, like the vast majority of exchanges and trading systems? They even show you the total value of your order before you submit it...

Now for some balance:

As a UK Citizen with a GBP bank account, almost every withdrawal I've ever made (I'm a miner to the extent of a few gigahash, so I never really need to buy to finance my bitcoin spending...) has been done via intersango. Looking back through my history I've been cashing out a few hundred pounds per month there since back when it was Britcoin.

I have never had a withdrawal take more than 2 days, and the fees are pretty minimal too.
Given all the horror stories of people waiting months for four and five figure payments from Mt Gox, I would imagine Intersango isn't exactly a great risk comparatively...

Ok let's examine this statement.

1)  I tried to withdraw from Intersango and a week later they still couldn't work out what was going on "VS" your claim of never more than 2 days.

2) Gox are continually improving the way they do things, and have good customer support and are never abusive like those ASSHATS at Intersango.

3) The trading system at Intersango is CRAP if you want to buy £100, worth NO you have to type in how many coins you want, which leaves left over money.

END OF RANT

This is a warning to other ASSHATS,...... don't bother you will get a comment like the ASSHATS in the above posts.
bitcats
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 12:36:40 PM

Pathetic  Roll Eyes

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: