Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:20:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounce from here  (Read 1510 times)
orpington

Activity: 784
Merit: 512

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:37:45 AM

If $260 doesn't hold then who knows how low it'll go.

Doesn't matter though, really come the next halving in 2016 everything will be more than OK again.
waaat?

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:38:35 AM

Doesn't matter though, really come the next halving in 2016 everything will be more than OK again.

not so sure about that. A halving doesn't increase demand. Halving only means the bleeding halves.
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:39:04 AM

Yeah we could go very low if that happens. The block reward halving on the other hand makes me wonder how much of it may be priced in already... Not quite sure how to gauge this, to be honest...

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
orpington

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:39:31 AM

not so sure about that. A halving doesn't increase demand. Halving only means the bleeding halves.

We'll see...
orpington

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:40:25 AM

Yeah we could go very low if that happens. The block reward halving on the other hand makes me wonder how much of it may be priced in already... Not quite sure how to gauge this, to be honest...

I remain optimistic come halving time. til then...who knows
Bitcoins101

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:44:36 AM

2016 isn't all that important right now. This year is going to be a big year, either upwards or downwards. There's too much going on for it to remain stagnate at $200-$300 for so long.

Personally, I'll be surprised if we don't end 2015 in either double-digits or quadruple-digits. I'd say double-digits, but all it takes is one big rally to push it back past $1K.

minerpumpkin

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:52:33 AM

2016 isn't all that important right now. This year is going to be a big year, either upwards or downwards. There's too much going on for it to remain stagnate at $200-$300 for so long.

Personally, I'll be surprised if we don't end 2015 in either double-digits or quadruple-digits. I'd say double-digits, but all it takes is one big rally to push it back past $1K.

I'll buy the crap out of Bitcoin if it goes back into double digits! And I'm quite certain a lot of other people will to the same. Keep in mind, we'd have to go down about 65% still to reach double digits. This is quite a number.

orpington

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:56:58 AM

I'll buy the crap out of Bitcoin if it goes back into double digits! And I'm quite certain a lot of other people will to the same. Keep in mind, we'd have to go down about 65% still to reach double digits. This is quite a number.
I secretly pray for double digits! But that's pretty unlikely.
Bitcoins101

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 02:01:30 AM

And people were saying the same for the low hundreds, back when it was $1,000. Remember all the people saying "Cheap coins! Cheap coins! Cheap coins!" all the way down? Seems like that term isn't used as often anymore.

Of course, Bitcoin never does anything deemed unlikely.

Right now, the bitcoin price is a sinking ship. There's truly no reason to be the one taking the risk, when you can easily get back in if we start to rally.

minerpumpkin

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 02:04:32 AM

And people were saying the same for the low hundreds, back when it was $1,000. Remember all the people saying "Cheap coins! Cheap coins! Cheap coins!" all the way down? Seems like that term isn't used as often anymore.

Well, double digits for a while are fine with me... Just as long as we continue our launch to the moon afterwards. Re-fueling the tank with some insanely cheap coins is always welcome! I somehow do get what bears dig so much about trying to slash the price...

kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 02:12:08 AM

This downward trend really does need to stop though. I hope for a big bounce as well.
Bitcoins101

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 02:18:59 AM
Last edit: January 04, 2015, 02:34:43 AM by Bitcoins101

Well, double digits for a while are fine with me... Just as long as we continue our launch to the moon afterwards. Re-fueling the tank with some insanely cheap coins is always welcome! I somehow do get what bears dig so much about trying to slash the price...

The problem is, there's always a solid chance that it never goes back up.

I've always taken the Bill Gates approach to Bitcoin. It's an amazing and extremely useful technology, but it's still very primitive and may not be the "one". I think cryptography in currency has a bright future, but I'm just not so sure it's going to involve Bitcoin. If you look at what the larger investors are doing, they're investing in the cryptopayment industry, but not bitcoin itself. (Even suckers investors like Tim Draper aren't investing in coins in hopes their price goes up - they're investing in the overall industry.)

Cryptocurrency technology is invaluable and may be a vital component of the future of money. However, I just don't expect a digital play money from 2009 to really be relevant in 2020, even if some of the possible technical advancements do fully fruition (e.g. sidechains).

Just remember how small the market cap of bitcoin itself is compared to the large companies of today. 5-10 billion dollars is absolutely nothing when we're talking about the global financial system. A payment solution based around cryptography that is used heavily by either consumers, businesses, or banks could have a greater value than 5-10 billion in a single year, let alone 6 like bitcoin. People don't view bitcoin as value in the same way they view a literal company as value.....and I don't expect that to ever change.

Open source is great for technological advancements, but makes monetization challenging.

orpington

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 02:50:14 AM

The problem is, there's always a solid chance that it never goes back up.

I've always taken the Bill Gates approach to Bitcoin. It's an amazing and extremely useful technology, but it's still very primitive and may not be the "one". I think cryptography in currency has a bright future, but I'm just not so sure it's going to involve Bitcoin. If you look at what the larger investors are doing, they're investing in the cryptopayment industry, but not bitcoin itself. (Even suckers investors like Tim Draper aren't investing in coins in hopes their price goes up - they're investing in the overall industry.)

Cryptocurrency technology is invaluable and may be a vital component of the future of money. However, I just don't expect a digital play money from 2009 to really be relevant in 2020, even if some of the possible technical advancements do fully fruition (e.g. sidechains).

Just remember how small the market cap of bitcoin itself is compared to the large companies of today. 5-10 billion dollars is absolutely nothing when we're talking about the global financial system. A payment solution based around cryptography that is used heavily by either consumers, businesses, or banks could have a greater value than 5-10 billion in a single year, let alone 6 like bitcoin. People don't view bitcoin as value in the same way they view a literal company as value.....and I don't expect that to ever change.

Open source is great for technological advancements, but makes monetization challenging.
Bitcoin is here to stay. These are just growing pains. This downward trend will turn around eventually. I am not overly concerned, regardless. Eventually, bitcoin will get to "normal". At that point, if you have even a few bitcoins you will be quite happy.
applesRyummy

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 10:30:19 PM

I don't think double digit prices are very realistic. There is too much money invested in bitcoin and not enough sellers for it to reach that low of a price. If it did however get back to double digits I would say that the network security would be seriously threatened because the miners would not be getting a large enough of a reward to continue to mine and would shut off their equipment
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: