Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 02:16:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2015-01-03] CoinTelegraph: ISG Now Accepts Cryptocurrency for 3D Printers  (Read 1701 times)
brookefinancial (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 04:16:26 AM

http://cointelegraph.com/news/113237/isg-now-accepts-cryptocurrency-for-3d-printers-and-related-services

ISG Now Accepts Cryptocurrency for 3D Printers and Related Services

by Diana Ngo @ 2015-01-03 03:46 PM

Online 3D printing store www.ISG3D.com has announced it has started accepting Bitcoin and Cannabiscoin as payment methods on its website, combining two disruptive technologies into one purchasing experience.

"We are already accepting Bitcoin and have been proud to collaborate with CannabisCoin on a line of 3D printed grinders," said CEO and founder Samuel Guillemette.

"We are open to more collaboration with the cryptocurrency community. We want to bring the best experience to the users."

ISG chose BitPay to process its Bitcoin payments. The company said that it was currently working on integrating Vericoin and "will be accepting more in the next months." ISG is also working on its own cryptocurrency, ISGPaycoin, expected to be functional in the first quarter of 2015.

The Canadian-based online store offers a wide range of products related to 3D printing, including printers, 3D printed objects, PLA filaments, as well as services for modeling and printing. The company is also designing and manufacturing its own line of 3D printers, and recently announced a brand new model, the ISG II, currently available on the website for pre-order, payable via traditional payment methods and Bitcoin.

The machine is based on a Prusa i3 design. ISG built its own frame and added a heated platform.

The ISG II is priced at CA$899 excluding taxes, or 2.8334 BTC. The company currently ships to Canada, the United-States and Europe.

ISG additionally said it is planning to open a brick-in-mortar outlet in Sherbrooke, Canada, due in the next coming months.

3D Printing and Bitcoin, that's pretty cool.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LOBSTER

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 10:05:46 AM

That's a great option for huge companies, I assume private persons are not going to buy such a large device Cheesy
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 12:15:13 PM

finally i can pay in Cannabiscoin.

....and ISGPaycoin  Grin !

Sergios

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 12:20:05 PM

If it was Makerbot who accepted Bitcoin then yes I would buy me one  Grin Grin Grin
However there are alternatives on the market like on amazon where you can buy, with bitcoin through all4bitcoins, a better 3d printer for less money.. euhm Bitcoins Smiley
 I have read that if the 3d printer has't a case over it that it could influence the detail of printed items or completely ruin your item you are printing.
Regardless it is a great attempt and i hope that the business will flourish. ( however i do not see a private person purchasing one of these while there re alternatives out there)
brookefinancial (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:17:16 PM

If it was Makerbot who accepted Bitcoin then yes I would buy me one  Grin Grin Grin
However there are alternatives on the market like on amazon where you can buy, with bitcoin through all4bitcoins, a better 3d printer for less money.. euhm Bitcoins Smiley
I have read that if the 3d printer has't a case over it that it could influence the detail of printed items or completely ruin your item you are printing.
Regardless it is a great attempt and i hope that the business will flourish. ( however i do not see a private person purchasing one of these while there re alternatives out there)

I understand your concern about new 3D printing companies since there a lot of them. The model you see here is a very early prototype of the ISG 11, and I can tell you that the 3D printing quality is very high, even for the prototype. This is not true for the case, it really depends of the printer itself.

I have tried a Solidoodle and Ultimaker so far, and this US$750 3D printing is doing some miracles, very high quality...

Thanks for the comments, it's good to hear your thoughts on the company. Here some stuff we printed with it:

Sergios

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:46:20 PM

It does look great! and i do love that you accept BTC as payments. I know you are probably very busy but is there a chance you can make a video on how the 3D printer works? That would really be awesome  Grin
brookefinancial (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 02:32:20 PM

It does look great! and i do love that you accept BTC as payments. I know you are probably very busy but is there a chance you can make a video on how the 3D printer works? That would really be awesome  Grin

Yes well, ISG3D is actually working on a video interview with CryptoArticles.com to talk about the company and the 3D printers.

Also, the team is releasing the official model of the "ISG 11" very soon and there will be lots of video. I can't revealed too much information at the moment but we are excited to show some new things.

For the moment you can watch a livestream of the "ISG 11" 3D Printing Parts of the New 3D Printer: http://www.isg3d.com/storepage2502750.aspx

LOBSTER

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 02:34:30 PM

....and ISGPaycoin  Grin !

What means the ISG? Cheesy
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 02:38:18 PM

why cannabiscoin - seems a totally random pick for a 3D printing company.
brookefinancial (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 03:04:54 PM

The CANN team was the very first to start talking/working with ISG3D and we developped a line of 3D printed grinders with them.

This is a very useful tool for smokers and it is selling more than we thought.

brookefinancial (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 12:38:12 PM

....and ISGPaycoin  Grin !

What means the ISG? Cheesy

Lol I'm sorry I didn't saw your message. ISGPaycoin is a project ISG3D is developping to integrate cryptocurrencies on the website more easily, and there is talk of creating its own currency.

The ISG stands 'Impressions Samuel Guillemette', the name of the founder. Impressions means 'Printing' in french.

Orwell

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 02:16:18 PM

I've always wanted a 3d printer and I think it would be pretty cool to make my first purchase with bitcoins to buy one. I really think they're both revolutionary technologies and go hand in hand.

The CANN team was the very first to start talking/working with ISG3D and we developped a line of 3D printed grinders with them.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B48U0WEIEAAIrAu.jpg

Pretty cool. How much do they cost to make and buy?
brookefinancial (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 03:22:38 PM

I've always wanted a 3d printer and I think it would be pretty cool to make my first purchase with bitcoins to buy one. I really think they're both revolutionary technologies and go hand in hand.

Pretty cool. How much do they cost to make and buy?

I'm just getting back from ISG3D once again, always very exciting being around a startup company like that. I have one thing to say, if you are seriously looking to buy a cool 3D printer with Bitcoin you are going to see an amazing product in a few weeks with the ISG 11.

The product doesn't look like the prototype you see there. We have worked hard on design, and there are some new innovations in the way the printer works that I can't talk about. My friends are being very careful with their products, we all know some terrible story about patents and ideas getting stolen. We are excited to show some results soon.

This prototype however is still very effective as you can see, we are using it to 3D print some part of our next 3D printer.

You can watch it live by the way: http://www.isg3d.com/storepage2502750.aspx

EDIT: On the CANN Grinder, they are selling for about $15 but I don't know I much it cost in plastic exactly to produce them. I know it takes quite some time to print them however because of the precision it requires.

brookefinancial (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 07:12:12 AM

Nice! New article on ISG's Bitcoin acceptation featured on a pretty big 3D Printing website, this is nice exposure for Bitcoin also!

http://3dprintingindustry.com/2015/01/06/isg11-3d-printer-bitcoin/

Prints for Bits: ISG11 3D Printer Can Be Purchased with Bitcoin

Scott J Grunewald BY SCOTT J GRUNEWALD ON TUE, JANUARY 6, 2015 · 3D PRINTING, BUSINESS

A new Canadian startup, ISG3D, has just launched their first 3D printer, the ISG 11, and is letting potential purchasers pay for it using the popular cryptocurrency Bitcoin. Of course, you can always use your credit card or PayPal account, too, but ISG3D is the latest in a growing trend of businesses willing to accept Bitcoins as payment for their goods and services.

In addition to their first 3D printer, ISG3D also sells filaments, 3D printer parts, 3D printed products, and they even offer 3D design and printing services. Currently the startupis only offering sales and services online; however, the company is planning to open a new physical store and 3D printing facility in early 2015.

Based in Sherbrooke, Canada, ISG3D was founded by Samuel Guillemette who based his ISG 11 3D printer design off of the popular open source Prusa i3. The Prusa i3 is one of the most popular RepRap 3D printer configurations, and one of the most adaptable. Guillemette upgraded his version with features like a custom heated print bed and a redesigned frame.

ISG3D isn’t the first 3D printing business to accept payments in Bitcoins, but they are still among a small minority. While many businesses claim the popular cryptocurrency is far too unstable to safely accept, there are plenty of services that can convert Bitcoins into most currencies pretty easily and quickly, so I’m not sure that that explanation really holds water. That being said, Bitcoins are clearly not going away anytime soon, so the more new businesses start accepting them, the faster the currency will begin to stabilize.

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 08:32:29 AM

That's a great option for huge companies, I assume private persons are not going to buy such a large device Cheesy

I'm not in the market for a 3D printer myself at the moment but I might keep this noted
Never know when I need one problem right now is the type of plastics that can be printed
(Need real fancy ones to make neater stuff not many items that are 100% plastic usually a composite of some sort)

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
brookefinancial (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 01:03:59 AM

I'm not in the market for a 3D printer myself at the moment but I might keep this noted
Never know when I need one problem right now is the type of plastics that can be printed
(Need real fancy ones to make neater stuff not many items that are 100% plastic usually a composite of some sort)

Some companies are working on it right now, but these printers are a lot more expensive. I saw that they are working on a $2000 Food 3D Printer, that is awesome!

It's going to be very useful when different kind of materials will be available to print at a very low price. Right now we are 3D printing parts of the next 3D printer we are releasing. The 3D printer is made 70% of 3D printed parts, there is a few parts we need to buy, but imagine when we are going to be able to 3D print the whole thing!

The streaming is always on if you guys are interested to give a quick look during the day, we are printing parts of a 3D printer:

http://www.isg3d.com/storepage2502750.aspx

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 01:11:39 AM

Some companies are working on it right now, but these printers are a lot more expensive. I saw that they are working on a $2000 Food 3D Printer, that is awesome!

It's going to be very useful when different kind of materials will be available to print at a very low price. Right now we are 3D printing parts of the next 3D printer we are releasing. The 3D printer is made 70% of 3D printed parts, there is a few parts we need to buy, but imagine when we are going to be able to 3D print the whole thing!

The streaming is always on if you guys are interested to give a quick look during the day, we are printing parts of a 3D printer:

http://www.isg3d.com/storepage2502750.aspx

That is really neat I had not considered that a 3D printer could print itself into existence
The idea that it will become part of the next stage of Global manufacturing might not be far away yet if its up to 70% of the components and thanks for the link its neat to see it in action.

(He-He I have heard of the 3D food printer)
Someday I want one of those to mmm drools at the possibilities.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
brookefinancial (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 01:16:38 AM

Thanks man, we are excited to show the final "ISG 11", the prototype that is circulating right now looks nothing like what we are working on.

We hope to show you the official model in a few weeks!

brookefinancial (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 07:47:43 AM

The 3D printing store www.ISG3D.com is now also accepting VRC Vericoin as payment. We are working very tightly with the Vericoin on a bunch of projects, you will hear more from it in the upcoming weeks as we release the official #ISG11 3D printer.

Thanks!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: