Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:07:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who the hell is selling right now?  (Read 3284 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 03:57:06 PM

Massive mining farms having to pay off their fiat loans, at an ever dropping conversion rate. Bitcoin started dying the day mining became centralized.
Yeah, so they wait until a holiday weekend when nobody is buying to sell. Seems legit.
They're probably pretty bewildered that their 100 million dollar farm is worth 1/5 that, one year later.

I love cryptocurrency and the idea of a truly free market economy, however, Bitcoin is too far marred to save at this point. Most coins are not in the hands of people who would support the healthy use of them.
Well, they are as cheap now as they've been in over a year. No excuses for not having an order in at the rate you can afford. Or maybe you want some cheap Apple stock too.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
BCwinning

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 04:16:51 PM

Everyone is selling... Who isn't selling right now is a better question  Roll Eyes
me I use it for currency. I don't need to spend it right now so I'm not nor am I selling it.

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 04:18:00 PM

Everyone is selling... Who isn't selling right now is a better question  Roll Eyes
I saw you posting the other day about how it was time for you to buy.
Chickening out already?
ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 04:28:37 PM

Keep in mind two things. First all companies that accept bitcoin convert it to fiat right away which means selling. Second ltcgear used to buy bitcoin and A LOT of it since they mined ltc and right now its not due to complicated factors.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 04:39:38 PM

the question, the real one is who the hell is not buying?

why sell low ?
because buy very low ... in short time on the black hole trading view ... in the night  Cheesy

they will stop at 100 probably, there will be a strong support around that, impenetrable one
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 04:41:59 PM

the question, the real one is who the hell is not buying?
Normal people with families. Kids go back to school tomorrow after the holiday break.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
cryptopaddles

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 04:50:08 PM

Who would sell so low you ask?  Maybe mark karpeles, or how about bitcointrader.biz fella, or how about hashie, or moolah, any one of them that basically stole the coins they now have I'm sire are mote than happy to cash out this low.
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 05:19:02 PM

If you noticed that the thread is surprisingly free of trolls, you are welcome.

If your post has been deleted. You are part of the problem, not the solution.

Enjoy your Federal Reserve Notes and everything they support.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
smalltimer

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 05:36:30 PM

i have deleted my other comment too. I lost interest in this pathetic discussion
DonQuijote
Legendary

Activity: 1551
Merit: 1002

♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚&#

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 05:37:56 PM

All people who bought before nov´13 are taking profit and a new investor dont want loose money

THE INGENIOUS GENTLEMAN DON QUIXOTE OF LA MANCHA
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚♝♞♜ BTC tip: 39gUUFdJBdKWXnLoh3PMNX9eUz3DwakBKq
picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 05:43:19 PM

All people who bought before nov´13 are taking profit and a new investor dont want loose money

People who bought before nov 13 sold before if they wanted to make a profit. They are big believers if they didn't sell before so not a lot of them are selling now.
Maybe an FBI auction winner is selling to buy more BTC at a lower price.
Morecoin Freeman

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

Legendary trader

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 05:50:42 PM

I'm buying on the way down since $296. In all honesty I didn't expect the exchange rate per coin to fall this low but not unhappy about it. I anticipate an uptrend starting around January 16-20.

Ask the stranger he knows who you really are.
Bitcoins101

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 08:21:21 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2015, 08:54:41 PM by Bitcoins101

In other words, a troll is someone you disagree with?

My post which was deleted:

I love how anyone selling bitcoin is considered a "weak hand".

Maybe sellers are just smart enough to know not to hold something that has been consistently losing value for over a year?

If we have a rally, there's plenty of time to jump on board. Why expose yourself to risk when you can just sit back, short, and accumulate fiat?

In what way does that constitute trolling? I'm sure if I swapped out "sell" for "buy" you would have thought highly of it.

I think enough of decentralized currency to try to maximize my wealth . Those of us who did not buy thousands of bitcoins for pennies on the dollar back in the day cannot afford to sit on $1,000 bitcoins as they continue to lose value. Since you joined this forum in 2010, I assume you accumulated most of your bitcoins at a price far below today's current value. That is not the case for the majority of forum members, who were sucked into the hype of potential multithousand dollar coins last winter.

If a single bitcoin will one day be the equivalent of one million US dollars, it wouldn't change my current trading view. I'd accumulate as much "worthless" fiat as possible, so that I can maximize my gains when bitcoin takes off to a million. Permahodling doesn't work all that well for newbies today - and newbies are the only people whose opinions are swayed by the Speculation forum, so they're really who we're catering to.

picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 09:06:21 PM

I'm buying on the way down since $296. In all honesty I didn't expect the exchange rate per coin to fall this low but not unhappy about it. I anticipate an uptrend starting around January 16-20.

There is a strong possibility of an uptrend that would bring us back to 320$ or higher.
Parazyd

Activity: 812
Merit: 587

Space Lord

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 09:17:30 PM

As I've been told, China is selling.

http://bitcoinity.org/markets/list
waaat?

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 09:18:26 PM

dude, it's just not worth this much
Bitcoins101

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 09:29:31 PM

OP isn't mentally stable  
That is more in line with what trolling is.
i.e. You're guessing.
As I've been told, China is selling.

http://bitcoinity.org/markets/list
Way to go, Sherlock.

Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 10:00:51 PM

In other words, a troll is someone you disagree with?

My post which was deleted:

I love how anyone selling bitcoin is considered a "weak hand".

Maybe sellers are just smart enough to know not to hold something that has been consistently losing value for over a year?

If we have a rally, there's plenty of time to jump on board. Why expose yourself to risk when you can just sit back, short, and accumulate fiat?

In what way does that constitute trolling? I'm sure if I swapped out "sell" for "buy" you would have thought highly of it.

I think enough of decentralized currency to try to maximize my wealth . Those of us who did not buy thousands of bitcoins for pennies on the dollar back in the day cannot afford to sit on $1,000 bitcoins as they continue to lose value. Since you joined this forum in 2010, I assume you accumulated most of your bitcoins at a price far below today's current value. That is not the case for the majority of forum members, who were sucked into the hype of potential multithousand dollar coins last winter.

If a single bitcoin will one day be the equivalent of one million US dollars, it wouldn't change my current trading view. I'd accumulate as much "worthless" fiat as possible, so that I can maximize my gains when bitcoin takes off to a million. Permahodling doesn't work all that well for newbies today - and newbies are the only people whose opinions are swayed by the Speculation forum, so they're really who we're catering to.

So...accumulate fiat, sway newbies to not buy Bitcoins so that one day Bitcoin will be worth a lot.

And I create one thread getting rid of such silliness and everyone goes nuts. Perhaps their employers require them to post once in every thread. Tongue

Agenda noted. At least you're not a paid troll.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 03:28:22 AM

Some state owned companies are using bitcoin mining farms to convert their state provided electricity into fiat then into their private pocket Grin

TeeBone

Activity: 502
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 03:30:32 AM

Smart money is selling, and has been selling for quite a while. Suckers in denial are buying.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: