January 10, 2015, 01:38:48 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2017, 11:22:09 AM by Stealthcoin

SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 03:07:07 PM

I have heard people screaming about the death of LTC for ages now and always brushed them off.

But, when your coin's algo gets ASICs, and then investment dries up to the point that no one is putting money into developing newer generations of ASICs, it does not paint a pretty picture for the health of the LTC network.  Some of the smaller scrypt coins will be okay for now, but it is hard to see a coin with a current 60 million dollar market cap growing or stabilizing at that level when the backbone of it's network is aging zeusminers and gridseeds.
BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 03:47:23 PM

Litecoin doesn't have really much to offer, you might swell just use bitcoin, more impressive start ups in 2015 are popping up actually showing innovation that makes sense.
Southampton

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 02:31:10 PM

Litecoin doesn't have really much to offer, you might swell just use bitcoin, more impressive start ups in 2015 are popping up actually showing innovation that makes sense.

True. All it really ever had was being a second best to bitcoin. Not really much point in it to be honest and likely never will.
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 03:45:40 PM

By the amount of people dumping their coins there is no real hope that we will see 1$ very soon again.

http://www.coindesk.com/mining-asics-technologies-bankrupt/
One of more company's are already think that insolvency is the only way.. this looks grim for the future of Scrypt-miner advancement.

I don't think this has much to do with litecoin.
This is rather the effect of bad management, unrealistic delivery plan and so on...
While filling for bankruptcy they don't have to pay on reimburse anything... (this is the real world equivalent of the cryptoworld "have been hacked I quit" scam ...)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
Safty

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 05:29:36 PM

True. All it really ever had was being a second best to bitcoin. Not really much point in it to be honest and likely never will.

Litecoin creator wouldn't do any improvements. He says he is not into gimmicks, but why not some innovation? too sad LTC will be worth just pennies.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 06:36:03 PM

My friend sold all of his Litecoin at like 17 $. Damn, I was telling him to wait for a 40 rebounce... glad he didn't listen to me, otherwise he would be hating me now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: