Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:02:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Pre-ANN] ThePirateBayCoin (TPB) +Torrents on the blockchain+Built in downloader  (Read 19588 times)
PonyBoy (OP)

Activity: 313
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 07:08:05 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2015, 09:43:11 AM by PonyBoy

ThePirateBayCoin is a service that will eventually replace The Pirate Bay. Our goal is to create a blockchain based torrent database. Mining as we know it will not be used. TPB is Proof of Upload or POU. Coins are created like proof of stake but to get a stake you must upload a file, once that file gets 20 downloads or donations your address begins to earn coins. You continue to earn coins as long as people are downloading your torrent. To get more coins you can seed torrents. Every 1GB uploaded you receive 1TPB, and inversely for every 1GB downloaded you pay 1TPB. Seed back 1:1 on a file and you will net 0, nothing paid nothing earned. Seed back 2:1 and earn 1TPB. Uploaders will be given the option to charge per download, charge for the new game you just created, or the song your wrote and produced.

I have the skills to make this happen myself but we all know that a group would get it done faster, so I'm looking for talented individuals that would like to help me with this project. PM me if you are interested.

Website/Forums
http://thepiratebayco.in

Under Construction...

It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 07:08:28 PM

hmmm

actually it doesn't sound bad.. go for it

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
Hash72

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 07:17:11 PM

I've been working on combining a cryptocoin with a torrent tracker and a file downloader. I'm going to add in the option of charging per download, if a content creator puts up a new song or video they can charge a certain amount of coins for people to download it, you have to send coins to the address tied to the torrent file in order to download the file, this will all be verified on the blockchain, don't pay for the content, you don't get the content. Get paid to seed, the more you upload the more you get paid. I have tons of other ideas that I will implement too. If anyone has any input on features you would like to see please reply below.

I'm progressing but I am only 1 man, what would take me months would take a team a week, so I'm looking for talented individuals that would like to help me with this project. PM me if you are interested.

I think it is agood idea but you need to make a strong tracker (Like IPT general tracker satisfies everyone)

PonyBoy (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 07:25:00 PM

I've been working on combining a cryptocoin with a torrent tracker and a file downloader. I'm going to add in the option of charging per download, if a content creator puts up a new song or video they can charge a certain amount of coins for people to download it, you have to send coins to the address tied to the torrent file in order to download the file, this will all be verified on the blockchain, don't pay for the content, you don't get the content. Get paid to seed, the more you upload the more you get paid. I have tons of other ideas that I will implement too. If anyone has any input on features you would like to see please reply below.

I'm progressing but I am only 1 man, what would take me months would take a team a week, so I'm looking for talented individuals that would like to help me with this project. PM me if you are interested.

I think it is agood idea but you need to make a strong tracker (Like IPT general tracker satisfies everyone)

I need to add a voting system so ppl can identify viruses and stuff. Like its dangerous to just download anything from piratebay but if you read the comments you can usually avoid the nasty stuff.
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 07:39:37 PM

Do you plan on complete decentralization? Torrent links in the blockchain as well as comments? Now that would be cool.

I had a few thoughts already, you may have thought of these but what the hey.

1) no PoW or PoS. Make the coin pure PoU proof of upload.

2) The faster the upload speed the more coins are accumulated. Anyone seeding at 10kb/s will get dick all coins. The reward needs to scale to all uploads otherwise inflation may be a problem. I have no idea how you can track that.

3) most if not all downloads are free and pirated material (this is what everyone wants)

4) Only seeders and uploaders should get paid.

5) You don't need a torrent client in the coin. Just need to create a coin that has the .torrent links and tracks who does what and pays out appropriately.

6) Please NO IPO/Premine/dev block percentage or anything like that. Do it for the good of humanity and to fuck the PTB.

I think something like this will gain alot of attention if it can be launched fully working. Anything else will be treated as a scam and this will go nowhere. So, what say you dev? Are you serious about replacing Pirate Bay or just here to make some money?

BTW: has anyone thought of using ads to get dev funds? Something completely off the blockchain.

DiCE1904
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 07:42:19 PM

And make it work over i2p

PonyBoy (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 09:08:46 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2015, 09:19:19 PM by PonyBoy

Do you plan on complete decentralization? Torrent links in the blockchain as well as comments? Now that would be cool.
I want to store either the torrent file or magnet in the blockchain. By uploading a file you control the priv/pub key for it and people can donate to you, or pay to download your file.

I had a few thoughts already, you may have thought of these but what the hey.

1) no PoW or PoS. Make the coin pure PoU proof of upload.
This is what I would like to do. Proof of Upload and Proof of Seed.

2) The faster the upload speed the more coins are accumulated. Anyone seeding at 10kb/s will get dick all coins. The reward needs to scale to all uploads otherwise inflation may be a problem. I have no idea how you can track that.
I can track how much data has been uploaded and from what torrent, the trick will be how to keep people from cheating. I can make it scale like difficulty. The more people uploading the less 1mb uploaded pays.

3) most if not all downloads are free and pirated material (this is what everyone wants)
That is obvious, but I want to leave the door open for true content creators to have a way to share and charge for their material

4) Only seeders and uploaders should get paid.
I love this concept.

5) You don't need a torrent client in the coin. Just need to create a coin that has the .torrent links and tracks who does what and pays out appropriately.
This is a possibility, maybe even preferred as I can make the wallet open source and make the torrent client a black box Grin. The only thing I don't want happening is someone modding the torrent client to send false data saying the user is uploading petabytes of data. I'm already thinking of ways to protect against this.

6) Please NO IPO/Premine/dev block percentage or anything like that. Do it for the good of humanity and to fuck the PTB.
I will think about it, but keep in mind doing all of the work myself will take a few months. With some sort of fund raising I could pay people to help.

I think something like this will gain alot of attention if it can be launched fully working. Anything else will be treated as a scam and this will go nowhere. So, what say you dev? Are you serious about replacing Pirate Bay or just here to make some money?
Actually, I'm here as an inventor. I love creating novel ways of doing things. I do it for the fun of doing it. I would love to see something I created replace the biggest torrent tracker in the world, that is a hell of an achievement.

BTW: has anyone thought of using ads to get dev funds? Something completely off the blockchain.
Hmm, that is a good idea, I could sell adspace in the OP and soon to be created website to help raise funds. Cheesy

Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 09:21:10 PM

PM sent!!!!!!

notsofast
Legendary

Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 09:52:22 PM

So many recent coins that have proposed to do exactly this-- add magnet/torrent links to their blockchains-- and either been scams or failed.

If you can show a working prototype of torrents in a blockchain BEFORE releasing a coin... and even better, make that coin all proof-of-work... you will have a hit on your hands.

I like the idea of paying a nominal fee for quality torrents, too.

twitter.com/notsofast
whywefight
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1042

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 09:59:49 PM

+1

but tell em what i2p is, because most ppl here just get wet pants if the read TOR....

PonyBoy (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 10:04:58 PM

+1

but tell em what i2p is, because most ppl here just get wet pants if the read TOR....

Im looking into it.
najzenmajsen

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 10:14:45 PM

this definetly looks really intresting , compared to all the other shit coins we've had lately , keep on workin on it , and if you need a good logo designer , contact shadowrunner
PonyBoy (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 10:20:32 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2015, 11:00:43 PM by PonyBoy

So many recent coins that have proposed to do exactly this-- add magnet/torrent links to their blockchains-- and either been scams or failed.

If you can show a working prototype of torrents in a blockchain BEFORE releasing a coin... and even better, make that coin all proof-of-work... you will have a hit on your hands.

I like the idea of paying a nominal fee for quality torrents, too.

I'm working on a proof of concept as we speak. I can't give a eta as I'm in the early stages. If I can get a few people on a team so we can delegate work I believe it can be done fairly quickly. I have all of the broad strokes figured out, working on the details. I have made a few coins for fun and one that is currently being used as a gift card system at a local business. Wink I'm a crypto nut.

I want to move away from proof of work and proof of stake and move into proof of upload and proof of seed.

We are currently talking about having a premium teir, pay X amount of coins to become a premium member, paid to the miner/uploaders, this allows you to upload torrents. Uploading torrents that recieve atleast 20 thumbs up/positive feedback/small donations, nets the uploader a stake, like proof of stake, that would pay them over a set time with an amount determined by how many people are being paid at the current time. This is the mining part of the coin, the only time coins are created on the network. Want to download a 1gb movie? it will cost 1TPB for 1gb downloaded. If you seed back to 1:1 ratio you start gaining back 1TPB per 1gb uploaded, paid for by the other people downloading from you, the pool of funds created by them anyway. Wink Or it can be micropaid as you download every kb using your public key. This way you get paid for seeding by the people that are downloading.
PonyBoy (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 12:35:18 AM

Keep in mind this is a very rough draft.

najzenmajsen

Activity: 700

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 12:37:42 AM

Keep in mind this is a very rough draft.

Looks amazing , keep on working mate , this could be big.
cestballot

Activity: 318

Nexus pool : http://nexusniropool.cestballot.fr/

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 01:03:22 AM

interesting  Cool

kenbytes

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 01:13:29 AM

Sounds interesting...I'd like to get involved in this coin too.  Will be keeping an eye on this.

DiCE1904
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 01:36:52 AM

+1

Damn I know right.

https://geti2p.net/en/about/intro

If this does idea does not work over i2p the concept of easily safely files sharing is useless. I mentioned this to the vTorrent coin dev and I got the same response. "will look into it"

zrunfeng

Activity: 585

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 03:09:18 AM

this is a good idea,i can use this to download some torrent
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 05:05:02 AM

Sounds great! Would be awesome if you could incorporate a reputation system for uploaders (maybe seeders too), it would be good to have an idea of the quality of the torrent we're paying for. It would also be pretty cool to have a way for users to request content. The possibilities here are mind-boggling. I am definitely following this one  Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: