Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:15:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [VIDEO] Bitinstant Tutorial by LadyBytes  (Read 4208 times)
Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 10:34:12 PM

Why do people like putting their face in tutorial videos. No offense, but the first thing I think of while watching this "ok why do I need to be looking at you and not the computer screen right now"

hi

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 10:52:37 PM

Without the possibility of being able to get your first Bitcoins from the local store down your block, I say a big % of Bitcoiners wouldn't have gotten into Bitcoin since it was too difficult to buy them.

The point of Bitcoin is once you have them, your free to do what you want. There are no middlemen in Bitcoin, but there could be an opportunity for middlemen to help first timers get Bitcoin.

Without the dozens of startups within Bitcoin, it would be no where where it is today. Bitcoin is not just a currency, and your selfish for saying that, Bitcoin is an economy. Bitcoin puts food on the tables of our employees and their families. Bitinstant gives salaries and jobs to dozens of people around the world, all because of Bitcoin.

There is something you keep missing and Im having to repeat myself. We have costs and fees associated with transfers. On a 4% transfer, we are paying over 3%. Do you want us to close up shop? I don't think so.

Sure, my current business model may not be the ideal for what Bitcoins ultimate goal is, but for now we need to get Bitcoin into the hands of as many people as possible and Bitinstant has sold over 200,000 BTC in the past few months.
Even for me it's impossible to miss the giant "costs and fees associated with the transfers" through the chain of middlemen you terminate.  Cheesy

BTW, if we are going to split hairs, rather than Bitcoin putting money on your employees table, it's your customers taking food off their own table and giving it to your chain of middlemen.

If there is one thing the recent years have shown, it's that financial middlemen (banks, credit companies, et al) have little regard whose table they clear of food or whose shop they close, as long as they make their quick buck "for now..."

Just saying that, since you mentioned being selfish, in a business that is all about selfishness...  Cheesy So, you'll have to excuse my lack of empathy for your industry in general...

You stated that "big % of Bitcoiners wouldn't have gotten into Bitcoin" without middlemen like you. If that's true, as opposed to your self-serving PR, my simple point remains:

"a big % of Bitcoiners" have simply xchanged the traditional, expensive middlemen chains for even more expensive new middlemen chains terminated by BitInstant, et al...

People always have a choice to buy bitcoins from bitinstant or somewhere else.  There are many options.  bitinstant is just another way to get bitcoins really quick at a premium.  Some people are willing to pay the 3-4% to get bitcoins really quick.  What's their motto?  "Time is money".

In fact, you could even start a bitcoin business selling bitcoins and no one is stopping you.
imanikin

Activity: 702
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 11:09:21 PM

People always have a choice to buy bitcoins from bitinstant or somewhere else.  There are many options.  bitinstant is just another way to get bitcoins really quick at a premium.  Some people are willing to pay the 3-4% to get bitcoins really quick.  What's their motto?  "Time is money".

In fact, you could even start a bitcoin business selling bitcoins and no one is stopping you.
In fact, indeed! Here is your big chance to promote some competition, Charlie, which is reported to be so beneficial to any business sector!  Cheesy

Do tell jimbobway how many of those "many options" are "a legal business" such as yours...

Please tell us how easy it is to "start a bitcoin business selling bitcoins" in your case in America, which is what you call "legal", how low the cost of entry is, and how no one will be stopping you for any reason...  Cheesy

jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 11:37:13 PM

In fact, indeed! Here is your big chance to promote some competition, Charlie, which is reported to be so beneficial to any business sector!  Cheesy

Do tell jimbobway how many of those "many options" are "a legal business" such as yours...

Please tell us how easy it is to "start a bitcoin business selling bitcoins" in your case in America, which is what you call "legal", how low the cost of entry is, and how no one will be stopping you for any reason...  Cheesy

He does not need to tell me.  Anyone can do the research to find out how to get bitcoins.  I prefer to buy mining hardware to get bitcoins.
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 01:03:36 AM

Oh look, a real sheeple, out in the wild!

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: