Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:58:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ResponsePay - Mobile Wallet, Subsidiary of WalletBit.  (Read 4953 times)
Kris (OP)
Donator

Activity: 640
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 10:09:01 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2012, 05:55:23 AM by Kris

ResponsePay is a lightweight mobile bitcoin payment solution that gives people a simple yet very effective method of sending bitcoin local and internationally.
We can reach almost all mobile phones, and did we mention it's instant — no more waiting for the blockchain to update!

Built with Responsive & Adaptive Web Design so will look simply gorgeous on any device and will scale to fit. Try this by making your browser window smaller.

If you are on a Android Phone and using Opera Mobile 12, you have the possibility to scan Bitcoin URI QR codes via your camera directly from the web interface,
and it will automatically fill out the recipient you just need to click Send Bitcoins, couldn't be easier.

Email addresses:
If you send to an email address not in ResponsePay system, an email will be sent out so the person can claim the bitcoins.
If the email has an account at ResponsePay sending to this will be instant, no confirmations, no waiting for the blockchain.

Bitcoin addresses:
Sending to a bitcoin address is instant, if it is hosted on ResponsePay or WalletBit, otherwise it depends on the system you send to.
how many confirmation they choose before it confirms.

Mobile number:
You are able to SMS Bitcoins to almost any phone number in the world. The SMS will contain a claim link for redeeming the bitcoins on ResponsePay.
If you choose to register your phone number on ResponsePay sending to this number from within ResponsePay will be instant!

Single Sign-On:
If you are already using WalletBit, you may use our Single Sign-On to sign in with your WalletBit account.
You can enable access to the Mobile Interface from "Business Tools -> Email and Personal notifications" by ticking and enabling the "Enable Mobile ResponsePay" check box.

Real-time Updates:
When you have your Web Wallet open and receive a bitcoin payment, you will see this real-time in your balance.
Example, you are sitting in a cafe and need to share the bill, but do not have any dollars on you, but your friend has. You can send him bitcoins to his ResponsePay wallet,
and he will see it instantly, only thing missing is a ka-ching sound. It works exactly like a normal app, but cannot be blocked by Apple or Google app store's as it is web based.

We hope you will enjoy our new any device based bitcoin wallet, as we think this is the next big step for WalletBit and Bitcoin alike.

ResponsePay

Sincerely,

Kris
WalletBit (tm)
https://walletbit.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 10:11:50 PM

I recommend you change your name as it is too similar to Bit-Pay.

Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 10:25:48 PM

Bitsy Pay
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 11:54:15 PM

Bitsy Pay

BitcPay - trying to ride on Bit Pay's tail of fame =)
you probably want to change the name in a good faith

btw Bitsy Pay is much nicer looking and sounding name, it definitely has a ring to it, should have went with this spelling in a first place IMO
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 12:17:12 AM

212 countries?

Since the U.N. only knows of 193 ... even if you count a couple that are likely to become their own some day and even Wirtland for good measure, you are still short.   Smiley

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 12:18:18 AM

Bitsy Pay

BitcPay - trying to ride on Bit Pay's tail of fame =)
you probably want to change the name in a good faith

btw Bitsy Pay is much nicer looking and sounding name, it definitely has a ring to it, should have went with this spelling in a first place IMO

No wasn't my intention, just the best I could come up with.
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 12:25:07 AM

No wasn't my intention, just the best I could come up with.

Can't you try a bit harder? Smiley If not maybe open a bounty thread for a good suggestion..

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
aq

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 08:19:39 AM

Cool new service.
Like the name, cute. Similar to bit-pay? No, just pronounce it.
I can remember a few weeks ago, everyone was saying that such a service will be needed for the developing countries.
I guess at the moment you don't have SMS local numbers in different countries. Do you indent to add those once your service will be heavily used?
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 08:28:15 AM

I can remember a few weeks ago, everyone was saying that such a service will be needed for the developing countries.

What is delivered in the text message is a link to claim the bitcoins sent (as far as I could tell from reading it).   That still requires data service. 

What is needed for developing countries (and for frugal people in developed countries) is a method to transact solely with SMS / text messaging -- like what Coinapult does for their SMS Wallet, but globally (Coinapult only service mobiles in U.S. and Canada due to SMS / text messaging fees.

An interactive voice response (IVR) system that complements an SMS / text messaging based wallet (i.e., subscriber can use either) would be useful for developing countries as well, I presume.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

tynt

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 09:00:50 AM

Think name similarity to bit-pay makes more harm than good. Instead of getting piece of bit-pay fame for free, it really feels like fake copy of the real thing.

Imagine if there was new payment processor in ebay. You won your auction and clicked a link to to pay through "PaycPal.com". It would feel like scam to me.

5830 mining for life
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 03:36:17 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2012, 06:17:11 AM by Kris

Cool new service.
Like the name, cute. Similar to bit-pay? No, just pronounce it.
I guess at the moment you don't have SMS local numbers in different countries. Do you indent to add those once your service will be heavily used?

Thanks, no it is only for sending SMS with a claim link, a SMS service to handle incoming text messages would be way to expensive for every country.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 07:48:23 PM

Thanks, no it is only for sending SMS with a claim link, a SMS service to handle incoming text messages would be way to expensive for every country.

A *free* SMS service might be too expensive to offer,

But, ... you can charge fees.  So what if it takes 5 texts back and forth to send money, at $0.04 each (which is way high, I believe, but works for my argument), that's $0.20 max per transaction and still cheaper than M-PESA, etc.

There will be someone who builds this.    The opportunity is open to all -- including ResponsePay.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

BitPay Business Solutions

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2012, 08:30:29 PM

But, ... you can charge fees.  So what if it takes 5 texts back and forth to send money, at $0.04 each (which is way high, I believe, but works for my argument), that's $0.20 max per transaction and still cheaper than M-PESA, etc.

There will be someone who builds this.    The opportunity is open to all -- including ResponsePay.

I agree.  SMS as a push transaction is ideally suited for bitcoin, which is also a push transaction.  And 3G/Wifi is not always available, even if you do have a smart phone.  

I think there is a very good future for SMS wallets, and people would pay for the convenience.  When roaming it will be much cheaper to use an SMS than the carrier roaming data plan.

And Kris, thank you Smiley

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?
DublinBrian

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 08:51:21 PM

I agree.  SMS as a push transaction is ideally suited for bitcoin, which is also a push transaction.  And 3G/Wifi is not always available, even if you do have a smart phone.
If someone can send an SMS, then that means they have at least GPRS (the 2G data service that is part of GSM). GPRS can handle webpages that are not content rich.

Still, you are right. Bitcoin via SMS is an essential service.
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 10:13:40 PM

If someone can send an SMS, then that means they have at least GPRS (the 2G data service that is part of GSM). GPRS can handle webpages that are not content rich.

Still, you are right. Bitcoin via SMS is an essential service.

And this is exactly the reason I made http://wap.walletbit.com  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=85684.msg950055#msg950055
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 06:00:50 AM

I made a few changes to the design of your dashboard. have a look when you got time.

Regards
Kris
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 02:27:28 AM

Showcase video for transferring bitcoin instant to another wallet on a phone using ResponsePay.

From HTC Android with Opera Mobile 12 to iPhone Safari.

http://youtu.be/ovZv4KyuCrY
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 02:36:40 AM

But, ... you can charge fees.  So what if it takes 5 texts back and forth to send money, at $0.04 each (which is way high, I believe, but works for my argument), that's $0.20 max per transaction and still cheaper than M-PESA, etc.

There will be someone who builds this.    The opportunity is open to all -- including ResponsePay.

I think there is a very good future for SMS wallets, and people would pay for the convenience.  When roaming it will be much cheaper to use an SMS than the carrier roaming data plan.

Coinapult already has bitcoin via SMS. http://coinapult.com/sms-wallet  Try going to coinapult.com, then send a coin to your phone number (US only), then you have an account on your phone. Then, you can use the text commands to send BTC to another phone, etc. Give it a try, it's fun Smiley
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 04:05:36 AM

Coinapult already has bitcoin via SMS. http://coinapult.com/sms-wallet  Try going to coinapult.com, then send a coin to your phone number (US only), then you have an account on your phone. Then, you can use the text commands to send BTC to another phone, etc. Give it a try, it's fun Smiley

Would be very neat, if they had a international SMS service.
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 12:15:05 AM

I really hope you end up making money with this or other products, it looks really professionally done as if made by a overly funded company. o_0

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: