Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:12:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: job  (Read 2615 times)
usagi (OP)
VIP

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
job
July 03, 2012, 11:09:09 PM
Last edit: October 06, 2012, 03:28:16 PM by usagi

job

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
finkleshnorts

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 01:36:40 AM

1. Banning people for this type of behaviour is not only harsh, it's unethical. Don't you think? There are a lot of people on this forum who might go on and on about some bullshit or another, all the time. Some people really drive me crazy. But bans? dude, that's like so draconian. Just click the ignore button! I do it all the time, and never look back.

2. Good luck getting the mods to take your side on this particular issue.

3. If you are going to be asking for money here... given past events, you are going to have to go through the gauntlet. It's just part of it.

I'm no expert. just my two bitcents (i hate that phrase).
Lumpy

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 01:44:48 AM

I'll tell you whose job this is.. the forum mods. For god's sake please start banning people who don't know when to shut up about (for example pirate) and ruin a discussion thread with pointless, baseless accusations. I'm already sick of it in my own threads with multiple people accusing me of running a one man scam slam or asking me stupid questions that could be answered by reading my contracts despite the fact I've posted numerous times I work with a team of people and that there is documented proof we've paid out on claims in the past.

Doubtful that the mods will start banning people that mention ponzi when one of them agrees with them:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=50822.msg1005881#msg1005881
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 01:53:19 AM

This is an open forum, and no one gets banned unless they were a)trolling b)spamming . In case you haven't noticed, we even have a convicted scammer posting happily here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=11905 . People is free to voice their opinions around, and you can either ignore them or explain to them. Personally, you'll be better off if you make a FAQ of sorts.
finkleshnorts

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 02:29:26 AM

If in fact it is a Ponzi, then I think their actions and words are completely justified. The problem is, no one has any proof.  Then again, if if is a Ponzi, there is no proof to be had... You will only know it is a Ponzi when it collspses.

What sort of vested interest do you mean? A silly bet? A personal vendetta against Pirateat40?
It certainly isn't jealousy.

I think these naysayers are simply convicted, and want to minimize damages. They changed my mind (again, I know). I am grateful.

Suppose the same accusations came up against Starfish BCB. Would it bother me? Absolutely. It would get very old. I would consider them very wrong. But they would believe it were for the greater good, so that's that.

I am DREADING all of the "I told you so" posts, either way. When the verdict becomes clear on BTCST, we will learn a lot about the character of many, many members here.
lomax

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 02:46:30 AM

This is an open forum, and no one gets banned unless they were a)trolling b)spamming . In case you haven't noticed, we even have a convicted scammer posting happily here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=11905 . People is free to voice their opinions around, and you can either ignore them or explain to them. Personally, you'll be better off if you make a FAQ of sorts.

I think the point he is making is that their behavior is both a) trolling and b) spamming. That mods are participating is really no surprise, it is quite appalling that the public face of Bitcoin is presented by the children moderating this forum.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 02:51:29 AM

I think the point he is making is that their behavior is both a) trolling and b) spamming. That mods are participating is really no surprise, it is quite appalling that the public face of Bitcoin is presented by the children moderating this forum.

You know what's spamming? This: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91199.0 is spamming. Seen trolling yet? Classic example here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77826.0

lomax

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 03:02:14 AM

You know what's spamming? This: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91199.0 is spamming. Seen trolling yet? Classic example here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77826.0

Is there any vetting of moderators at all or is it purely post count based?
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 03:03:42 AM

Is there any vetting of moderators at all or is it purely post count based?
Theymos does that. And no, it is not based by post count.
DiabloD3
Legendary

Activity: 1162

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2012, 05:41:53 AM

One quote of many I could have used:
"Where did you get the idea you could pay me to stop raising valid arguments and red flags in order to prevent people from needlessly losing their money?"

If I had an employee on the books and he didn't do this when he could have, I would fire him. People need to speak up when other people are potentially being stupid.

lomax

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 06:05:02 AM

What if he continued to raise the same, already answered, question.. Like a skipping record during a gymnastics floor routine at the special olympics?
DiabloD3
Legendary

Activity: 1162

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2012, 06:17:58 AM

What if he continued to raise the same, already answered, question.. Like a skipping record during a gymnastics floor routine at the special olympics?

Well, I can't fire a mentally handicapped person, I'd get sued!

finkleshnorts

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 06:21:21 AM

If this wasn't such a shitty joke, I might consider getting offended. Sorry bud, stick to your day job for now.
lomax

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 06:27:40 AM

If this wasn't such a shitty joke, I might consider getting offended. Sorry bud, stick to your day job for now.

I'm not sure why you would be offended, unless it was your floor routine?

[Edit: Or you are outing yourself as a sockpuppet?]

[Edits Edit: If you really are a special olympian then please accept my apology]
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 10:31:47 AM

You kind of have to if your goal is to continuously warn latecomers about the dangers and risks.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
finkleshnorts

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 11:43:07 AM

I'm not sure why you would be offended, unless it was your floor routine?

[Edit: Or you are outing yourself as a sockpuppet?]

[Edits Edit: If you really are a special olympian then please accept my apology]

Oh, damn. You caught me. I'm a spooky sockpuppet!

Two edits? Sounds like somebody's feather are ruffled.
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 12:43:58 PM

usagi is offering "insured" BS&T bonds, naming the "insurance" company by its company name although he runs it himself, with other peoples' money on top.

How many red flags do you guys need? If someone made a 50/50 bet whether it's just a Pirateat account through either clone or hacking, I wouldn't know which side to bet on.

The whole operation makes no sense at all, except to disguise he got the word "insurance" from nowhere.
556j

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 03:11:12 PM

I think the point was you accuse naysayers of having vested interest (with no evidence) while you yourself and everyone else that is pro bs&t have a very clear vested interest... That you are getting emotional and worked up over further shows your unprofessionalism. Personal attack calling people pathetic and whatnot doesn't have the effect you seem to think it does. If you and goat were half as smart as you think you are, you wouldn't have so much time to be here slinging your shitty business ideas on these forums. Most of which just suckle at bcs&t's taint.
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 10:46:46 PM

Are you going to apologize when we prove you wrong? Of course not. No evidence actually matters to you. You just like to gather attention by shouting at the biggest object you can find.

Mh. You'll get a mild apology if you pay the insurance when Pirate did default and your investors still stand. It'll still have looked pretty insane.

I honestly can't tell whether you're evil or just doing something crazy. But if you want to insure, people need a trail to you. One that can't be faked easily, so they know where the door to knock on is. Give a personal profile, something credible and consistent.

Provide that, and I'll keep it at "you're crazy to insure a Ponzi". But if you don't, then there's really no reason to get angry about me suspecting you. I'm not a magician, there's only this thread I can read and a few links from it, and these look like you could just run.

It's also strange that you don't try to persuade me to make yourself more credible. As if you are not talking to me to settle a misunderstanding, but just making a show of things and labeling me an enemy from the start. That might be the biggest red flag of them all, because who are the people who never make friends with anti-scam maniacs?

Moreover! An insurance company that doesn't like risk discussions? On something that concerns them directly, namely BS&T? That's the wrong way around! The insurance should be interested in the insured object being as sound as possible! But this thread calls to stop the accusations. Grin

This is just so screwed up, yes, I don't really see an apology in order. It's like running into a bank with an AK-47 and then accusing people of misunderstanding how peaceful you are. Either that or you're just one more in the scamming troops. How should I know?
lomax

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 01:59:40 AM

I think the point was you accuse naysayers of having vested interest (with no evidence) while you yourself and everyone else that is pro bs&t have a very clear vested interest... That you are getting emotional and worked up over further shows your unprofessionalism. Personal attack calling people pathetic and whatnot doesn't have the effect you seem to think it does. If you and goat were half as smart as you think you are, you wouldn't have so much time to be here slinging your shitty business ideas on these forums. Most of which just suckle at bcs&t's taint.

The problem most of what you call the pro bs&t crowd (presumably because you are as stupid as honest bob) has, is you fuckwits are destroying a sub-forum that is only marginally bs&t related.

Dear Theymos,

Do your fucking job please.

Signed,
The ever-more-embarrassed-of-this-website Bitcoin community.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: