Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:57:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinfire Bitstamp update  (Read 7002 times)
OhShei8e
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1059

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 08:37:42 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2015, 08:55:23 PM by OhShei8e

There was some user who was saying similar reassuring things about Mt. Gox all the way up to the bankruptcy. Who was that, and where are they now?

I went all the way down with Gox and believed and told such things. Stupid me. Today I wish I would have respected the warning signs. To late now. Gone.

I can not say much about Bitstamp. When I started they were out of the question. No hardware token, no API keys but clear text passwords in times of Heartbleed and a nearly empty order book.

After Gox they have grown and improved. But just like Gox they have peaked. They are much smaller than Gox. I think they have lost 15% of their coins or so now.
This is dangerous. As a customer I would use the next best opportunity and knocking off there. They have only 6% of the market. Nobody cares two hoots about it.
Today things are happening in China. Mining, Trading and maybe more. I don't know. I've given up trading on exchanges. For me, the past.

Professional traders (I'm not) can use CFDs today. No need for them to take the risk on an exchange. Fonds manager, if there are any, will give up Bitstamp. That should be quite clear.

Just my two cents on this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 11:02:19 PM

There was some user who was saying similar reassuring things about Mt. Gox all the way up to the bankruptcy. Who was that, and where are they now?

I went all the way down with Gox and believed and told such things. Stupid me. Today I wish I would have respected the warning signs. To late now. Gone.

I can not say much about Bitstamp. When I started they were out of the question. No hardware token, no API keys but clear text passwords in times of Heartbleed and a nearly empty order book.

After Gox they have grown and improved. But just like Gox they have peaked. They are much smaller than Gox. I think they have lost 15% of their coins or so now.
This is dangerous. As a customer I would use the next best opportunity and knocking off there. They have only 6% of the market. Nobody cares two hoots about it.
Today things are happening in China. Mining, Trading and maybe more. I don't know. I've given up trading on exchanges. For me, the past.

Professional traders (I'm not) can use CFDs today. No need for them to take the risk on an exchange. Fonds manager, if there are any, will give up Bitstamp. That should be quite clear.

Just my two cents on this.

The chineses data are fake. http://www.coindesk.com/reality-chinese-trading-volumes/

Also, 50% from all the Bitcoin transctions are fake :
 https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/fake-transaction-chains-double-2014-bitcoin-volume/

Everything is a bubble, a manipulating market and a few people are earning a lot. the rest of them are losing money.

OhShei8e
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1059

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 12:47:59 AM

The chineses data are fake. http://www.coindesk.com/reality-chinese-trading-volumes/

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/fake-transaction-chains-double-2014-bitcoin-volume/

Everything is a bubble, a manipulating market and a few people are earning a lot. the rest of them are losing money.

Yes, and youself give a good example by frighten us with old news.  Wink

http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/volumepie/

Huobi, OKCoin and BTCChina are chinese traders. Bitfinex are Hong Kong-based.

That's not all fake. They control a large part of the market. Mining now takes place in China on a large scale.

Bitstamp has 6% of the market and keeps as well 130,000 BTC.
Inotanewbie

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

www.CloudThink.IO

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 05:07:18 AM

Stop comparing it to MtGox. That just shows, that you guys have no idea, what you are talking about.
I am not 100% sure, but there is no evidence that would suggest, that customers will have to pay for that incident.

In business the customers always pay eventually. When I was operating my business and my electric rate went up or delivery costs went up my prices went up. That's the nature of business and why a McDonalds hamburger isn't still 15 cents.
In your case, it was your future customers that ended up needing to pay higher prices. They were also notified of such changes ahead of time.

In the case of stamp it will be their existing customers that will pay the piper

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
mayax
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 10:12:26 AM

Yes, and youself give a good example by frighten us with old news.  Wink

http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/volumepie/

Huobi, OKCoin and BTCChina are chinese traders. Bitfinex are Hong Kong-based.

That's not all fake. They control a large part of the market. Mining now takes place in China on a large scale.

Bitstamp has 6% of the market and keeps as well 130,000 BTC.

Who knows what share Bitstamp or other exchanger has? The datas are fake. The chineses are doing that on a large scale.Huobi, OKCoin , LakeBTC, BTCChina. All of them have fake transactions....around of 1/10.

So, if they claim to have 1000 transactions, they actually have 100.

Yes, it is scary but it is the pure truth about these exchangers.
so, do you believe everything you are served. Smiley
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 03:51:29 PM

Stop comparing it to MtGox. That just shows, that you guys have no idea, what you are talking about.
I am not 100% sure, but there is no evidence that would suggest, that customers will have to pay for that incident.

In business the customers always pay eventually. When I was operating my business and my electric rate went up or delivery costs went up my prices went up. That's the nature of business and why a McDonalds hamburger isn't still 15 cents.
In your case, it was your future customers that ended up needing to pay higher prices. They were also notified of such changes ahead of time.

In the case of stamp it will be their existing customers that will pay the piper

Ok, so? Someone has to pay and in business it's always the customer.

mayax
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 04:08:09 PM

yes, the customers will pay the price for trusting the Bitstamp's platform.
I am very curious to see if they will really open tomorrow IF not, a big fiasco will begin.

It will be MtGox 2 or reloaded(as you prefer) Smiley
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 04:21:44 PM

I am very curious to see if they will really open tomorrow IF not, a big fiasco will begin.

If they do open it will be to the worst bank run in the history of Bitcoin.  Grin

ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 04:42:13 PM

Looks like Bitstamp will be re-deployed either tomorrow or Friday pending testing:

https://twitter.com/nejc_kodric/status/552615256452001792

Let's hope they take their time on this matter, thoroughly test everything, double check all security measures etc.

Can't afford for this to happen again.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
tzortz

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 06:10:53 PM

If they do open it will be to the worst bank run in the history of Bitcoin.  Grin

Hold on, elections are coming to Greece in a couple of weeks.

All is Mine!

1H7LUdfx9AFTMSXPsCBror3RDk57zgnc2R
validium

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Decentralized thinking

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 06:27:39 PM

If they do open it will be to the worst bank run in the history of Bitcoin.  Grin

What do elections in Greece have to do with the bitstamp hack?

locopao
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 09:25:22 PM

What do elections in Greece have to do with the bitstamp hack?

he is probably talking about the "Grexit" scenario in case the left wing "SYRIZA" wins. In that case it's possible that greece exits euro and return to drachmas. So there will be a general european economic instability. That's what every economic analysts say.
mayax
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 11:44:08 PM

If they do open it will be to the worst bank run in the history of Bitcoin.  Grin

they lost most of their clients trust. they will reopen to close.
Parazyd

Activity: 812
Merit: 587

Space Lord

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 11:51:38 PM

they lost most of their clients trust. they will reopen to close.

Not necessarily. If they manage to issue a full refund to users, there's not so much trouble. I agree, they have lost users' trust, but I don't see it destroying the exchange completely. It's still the largest non-asian exchange out there.
cisahasa
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 11:57:24 PM

who the fuck is sending more money to Bitstamp Hack wallet?

Total Received    18,966.30972286 BTC    
Final Balance    80.79601119 BTC

mayax
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 11:58:56 PM

who the fuck is sending more money to Bitstamp Hack wallet?

the stupids. there are SO MANY.

someone just sent 70 BTC = 22K  hahahaha

it is SO fishy

https://blockchain.info/address/1L2JsXHPMYuAa9ugvHGLwkdstCPUDemNCf
cisahasa
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 12:03:38 AM

must be a joke..

mayax
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 12:05:04 AM

must be a joke..

a joke of 22,000 USD ?
cisahasa
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 12:07:35 AM

must be a joke..

a joke of 22,000 USD ?

hacker moving those for fun or stealing more?

Parazyd

Activity: 812
Merit: 587

Space Lord

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 12:12:53 AM

must be a joke..

a joke of 22,000 USD ?

hacker moving those for fun or stealing more?

Hardly stealing more. It's probably the same coins, being thrown around.
I don't think Bitstamp would leave their hot wallet automation on after the hack.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: