Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:44:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It would seem fallin was right..  (Read 2021 times)
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 06:58:32 PM

--snip
There will be no mass adoption.  The average person cannot even create a new text file on a computer.  BTC will become like magic cards and only be used by geeks like us.. :S.
--snip

Dang, don't remind me all the time.
I should have saved my childhood magic cards.

http://www.geek.com/games/black-lotus-magic-the-gatherings-most-famous-card-sells-for-27302-1577939/

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 06:59:07 PM

Despair

Alas the entire community must be in dispare to truely be a dispare phase.  Still way to many bulls.

Actually, I'm more optimistic than ever. Price is meaningless to me. Price in a highly speculative market is just a bunch of guesses about future prices. As is normal, the speculators drove the price int silly numbers, far beyond a sensible price. Now we are correcting to discover a logical price that reflects bitcoins growth and utility.

Now adoption means something. There have never been more businesses on board or more places to use bitcoin. There is no indication of anything standing in the way of far more growth. These are the best times bitcoin has enjoyed to date.

If the concern is that you are not getting rich... Well bitcoin does not love you. It is a math program that has no interest in our wishes.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
riiiiising

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 07:00:32 PM

More and more people have phones with NFC, way to mass adoption is opening. Don't expect things to be adopted in one day. Internet did not explode in one day, it was relatively slow process. My 3,5 year old daughter can operate tablet and smartphone quiet easily. I think when she will be seven installing a wallet on that tablet will be very easy for her.

"Daddy, where did all my bitcoins go?"

▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread      Oceanpaper      Twitter      Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬
thms

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 07:02:29 PM

how do i create a text file?
gustav

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 10:39:03 PM

a coin needs to be able to store value to be taken serious. What's a coin worth that can't hold its drink? Who would want to own it?
foxbitcoin

Activity: 593

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 05:08:56 AM

Stop looking at the price shifts every hour or every single time you check your phone or
every time you wake up Wink
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 05:28:30 AM

What is the "honest" distribution?

An essentially random one :-)

Anyway, more than 90% of bitcoins will be created by 2024. I have no idea what you are talking about re ecological disaster.
Mining equipment gets more and more energy efficient.

That doesn't matter.  What matters is the inflation rate as compared to the market cap: it gives you the amount of resources that will be spend grossly on mining equipment and electricity consumption.

If bitcoin takes over all of fiat, say, in 2024, after 2 more block halvings, inflation rate will still be 2.5% or so.
That means that 2.5% of the world economy will be spend on mining equipment and electricity in principle.

All of world economy (all of M2 fiat) is about 55 trillion $.  2.5% of that is about 1 trillion $.
If half of that is spend on electricity, mining will spend 500 billion $ on electricity.  At a price of 0.1$ / KWhr, that's 5 trillion KWhr or a power consumption of about 570 GW.  Now, that's about a fourth of all of the world's electricity production today.

So one fourth of all electricity production would go into mining if by 2024 all of fiat was taken over by bitcoin.
No matter what "efficient hardware" is running.

Of course these are ballpark estimates, and factors of 2 or 3 easily off.

If this happens 12 years later, in 2036, we would be 3 block halvings later, so everything would be down by a factor of 8.  That starts to be more reasonable.

BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 07:23:45 PM

There will be no mass adoption.  The average person cannot even create a new text file on a computer.  BTC will become like magic cards and only be used by geeks like us.. :S.

Perhaps in the future this could change but most people are super lazy and don't like to figure shit out.

Like a true bag holder I have zero intention of selling my crypto stash I just feel it will become nothing but the toys of geeks..  Blinded by the rose coloured glasses we are.

Without the ability to buy BTC easily and use it easily I cannot see it working out.. People just have to jump through to many hoops and do to many dances to even have the ability to easily buy BTC.. the gov has killed it.  The idea everything must be monitored to prevent "terrorism" has utterly destroyed our freedom and will destroy anything that requires freedom to use.

Falling wasn't right. He just liked to troll with fud. Lets see how right he is in the longterm. People are smarter than you think but you dont need to be a computer whizz to use bitcoin. If you can operate a smart phone and do online banking or use Paypal then you can use bitcoin.

People that are born with smartphones (millennials) will have no problems operating with crypto technology. They'll exchange coins in the MaidSafe network, independent from ISP and free to access, and Paypal will be a thing of the past.
Unfortunately tho, we'll probably be pretty damn old by then. Let's hope it happens sooner than later.
HarmonLi

Activity: 350

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 07:28:08 PM

It's such a small time scale! He may be right until now, that we have gone down quite a bit, but that doesn't say anything about the future adoption. Hey, we were going down after a big bubble, it's no wonder we're going down. It was pretty easy for him to predict that.

NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 04:29:00 PM

...Hey, we were going down after a big bubble, it's no wonder we're going down. It was pretty easy for him to predict that.

No easier for him than for everyone who bought/held since the top.  Credit where credit's due.
NotHatinJustTrollin

Activity: 462
Merit: 107

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 04:32:00 PM

It's such a small time scale! He may be right until now, that we have gone down quite a bit, but that doesn't say anything about the future adoption. Hey, we were going down after a big bubble, it's no wonder we're going down. It was pretty easy for him to predict that.

Permabulls:  

"$800 is the bottom, you beartrolls are fucking idiots hahahah"
"$700 is the bottom, you beartrolls are fucking idiots hahahah"
"$600 is the bottom, you beartrolls are fucking idiots hahahah"
"$500 is the bottom, you beartrolls are fucking idiots hahahah"
"$400 is the bottom, you beartrolls are fucking idiots hahahah"
"$300 is the bottom, you beartrolls are fucking idiots hahahah"

*Price crashes to $255*
-"Of course we crashed, it was easy to predict that".

piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 06:30:21 PM

Permabulls:  

*Price crashes to $255*

"...and you beartrolls are still fucking idiots", btw Wink your banned prophet promised single digits and much earlier than 2015. he was not a single bit more accurate than bulltrolls who promise $10k tomorrow then come back when we are at 10k in 2020 and say "told you".

i am satoshi
Warren Buffert

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 06:57:40 PM

Permabulls:  

*Price crashes to $255*

"...and you beartrolls are still fucking idiots", btw Wink your banned prophet promised single digits and much earlier than 2015. he was not a single bit more accurate than bulltrolls who promise $10k tomorrow then come back when we are at 10k in 2020 and say "told you".

'The poster who urged everyone to sell because the market would continue down toward final capitulation is no more accurate than the retards who have claimed that we'd be at $10,000 by now.'

You must be really far down the bitcoin rabbit hole if that logic makes any sense to you.

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 07:34:14 PM

Permabulls:  

*Price crashes to $255*

He was banned?? That seems extreme. What about the bulltrolls?

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: