Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:27:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we get a preemptive SCAMMER tag?  (Read 2388 times)
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2012, 03:08:15 AM

Lol, you didn't get the tag.

Why don't you configure those and make them mine bitcoins for you? The pc/miner seems to be running fine

edit:

Hmm... this was to good to be true i guess

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 03:09:28 AM

Why don't you configure those and make them mine bitcoins for you? The pc/miner seems to be running fine

+1

Make some Bitcoins for yourself, then sell his crap.
bitChick_mauRa

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 03:11:57 AM

You know they say , the lower left corner of a screen is the least likely place that humans look?
bitChick_mauRa

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 03:18:09 AM

+1

Make some Bitcoins for yourself, then sell his crap.

I have two daughters and a full time job (single now too...) I don't have time or patience enough with computers to do this.  Plus, the pissed off look on his face when he finds out I sold his stuff is going to be PRICELESS.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 03:35:44 AM

Oh please. 'Her' way of locking the thread already showed me that 'she' is familiar with this forum's workings - the thread would probably get trolled like hell once she posted that.

It isn't locked anymore.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Mousepotato

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 03:36:35 AM

There.  They are in his computer ... they are all still running.  All I know is if I keep them on they make more bitcoins.

Anyhow.  Can we get the scammer tag off me?  How the hell am I going to sell this crap now?

I dunno, now I'm having reservations about this.  You said in your original post that there were 3 7970s per rig.  Plus those are ASUSs which I haven't had very good luck with.

Mousepotato
Mousepotato

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 03:38:32 AM

Also, who is your b/f on here?

Mousepotato
bitChick_mauRa

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 04:01:10 AM

I am still learning the cards.  The ones I thought were 7970 are actually 6950.  So there are three 6950.  Then there are two rigs with two 7970s.

And I would rather not discuss my personal business here.
Tomatocage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 05:29:58 AM

I am still learning the cards.  The ones I thought were 7970 are actually 6950.  So there are three 6950.  Then there are two rigs with two 7970s.

And I would rather not discuss my personal business here.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 05:37:43 AM

I have two daughters and a full time job (single now too...)

It's truly a shame that they use sympathy to try and scam someone.

AzN1337c0d3r

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 05:58:57 AM

Plus, the pissed off look on his face when he finds out I sold his stuff is going to be PRICELESS.

Isn't this likely illegal? You are selling property that isn't yours?

waltmarkers

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 07:08:12 AM

Plus, the pissed off look on his face when he finds out I sold his stuff is going to be PRICELESS.

Ha! It's BTC ---- all bets are off! Ponzi, theft, take some hostages without consequence! /sarcasm Oh wait....those are real things.

Seriously though.....domestic dispute. Just say no.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 03:54:46 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91479.0

Seriously, it's like they don't even try anymore.
I'm really not liking this attitude people have had against new members selling stuff/borrowing money lately. Highly encourage escrow, sure, but if we want to grow the community, this calling people out as scammers just because they're new needs to stop.

sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 04:07:00 PM

I'm really not liking this attitude people have had against new members selling stuff/borrowing money lately. Highly encourage escrow, sure, but if we want to grow the community, this calling people out as scammers just because they're new needs to stop.

I couldn't agree with you more, Maged. We do need to at the very least be more tactful with how we approach new people. We can maybe have some discussion about ways to help new people get the ball rolling and at the same time help identify whether someone is legit or not..??

BUT, in the case of this person. SCAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM  I can smell it a mile away. Here is the final 'nail in the coffin' red flag for me here;
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91378.0

This is what I want, actually.  So we could work out a deal where whoever wants my stuff, pays him, he sends me his stuff, I send you this.

I will go first, of course.

Put that in the context of someone who has previously said they have no idea about the mining thing and are selling someone elses stuff. Now they want $1400 worth of mining gear???

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2012, 05:33:22 PM

Sorta like calling out long time members just because we can't figure out their business model and it only seems to resemble a certain way of doing business but there's evidence to support either side really.

Let's break it out.  She started a new thread, offering to sell some gear.  Same sort of setup as previous scammers.  She immediately locks the thread, just like previous scammers. 

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 05:49:55 PM

Sorta like calling out long time members just because we can't figure out their business model and it only seems to resemble a certain way of doing business but there's evidence to support either side really.

Let's break it out.  She started a new thread, offering to sell some gear.  Same sort of setup as previous scammers.  She immediately locks the thread, just like previous scammers. 

you take yourself way too seriously, m8..

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 03:31:07 AM

Shoe on head or it didnt happen.

Valalvax

Activity: 437
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 03:36:59 AM

Ha! It's BTC ---- all bets are off! Ponzi, theft, take some hostages without consequence! /sarcasm Oh wait....those are real things.

Seriously though.....domestic dispute. Just say no.

Even if she just shipped his computers off to some random address, it's still a crime for both parties...

Besides, do YOU want to buy mining rigs that may or may not be seized by police, note: they'll take ALL of your computers to sort out what used to be his and what didn't..
Luceo

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 11:49:13 PM

When their thread says they're selling their ex-boyfriends' property, they're admitting to at least stealing from him... If someone's admitted they're a thief in a threat, it's not unreasonable to call them one.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: