Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:34:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Did we finally reach the bottom?  (Read 3274 times)
Sakarias-Corporation

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Call me Alice. just Alice.

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 10:52:15 AM

No. the bottom is the bottom Which would in this case be 0. Now i don't think we will ever get to 0.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 07:14:10 AM

I seriously think we are headed down to 200 or lower, there's no reason for bitcoin to be this expensive. Bitcoin is used for transferring value from person to person without anyone in the middle taking an outrageous fee. The ONLY reason bitcoin should be higher priced is if there isn't enough value in bitcoins to hold the amount of wealth the community as a whole would like to transfer and frankly... no one uses it for that atm. It has plenty of room to move down and still be extremely functional for what it was intended to do.

As Warren Buffet says, it's silly to think Bitcoin has some giant intrinsic value, especially in it's infancy... the value is the blockchain, it functions exactly the same no matter how high the price is, and until people start using it for its intended purposes and not just a speculative investment, we will always be in "bubble territory".

Granted, there will always be investors in every single asset. But right now, its an overwhelming unbalance of speculation, with barely anyone actually using it for it's intended purpose other than the few.

I'm starting to feel like too many people's futures are dependent on the next bitcoin bubble and that this is going to be a self-fulfilling prophecy. The only thing a giant group of people with greed in their eyes are going to cause is a bubble.

If you truly care about bitcoin and feel it's the future, start using it for it's intended purpose or we will never get passed where we are now. Don't buy it.... say "I'm pro bitcoin, it's the future!", sell it when it rises at a profit and continue using the same fiat system you speak so negatively about..

It just goes to show that when it comes to profit, bitcoin doesn't mean all that much, and lets face it: Most of you only know of bitcoin due to the bubbles, you're here for a profit.

This is the smart talk.

arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 01:28:47 PM

Do you guys think that we finally reached the bottom the other day at ~ 255 USD ? I'm also wondering what caused the recent "crash" from 315 to 255. I've read articles with different thoughts but wondered what you guys thought. I also read somewhere that market analysts predict a big rise sometime around February.

Thanks for your insight Smiley.

Very close to bottom. If price continue to go down, the whole system will implode and say goodbye to bitcoin.
ed_teech

Activity: 508

Jahaha

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 02:10:17 PM

Bitcoin needs a big corporate player to change the game.
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 08:03:27 PM

No. the bottom is the bottom Which would in this case be 0. Now i don't think we will ever get to 0.

The prize is hidden at the bottom. :p
biodieselchris

Activity: 579

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 09:21:10 PM

me thinks BTC may go to $90, LTC under $1. It would certainly need to be this low before I bought any more.

LorettaAndrews

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 11:43:02 PM

I think it wasn't bottom
the bottom is around $1-$100 dollars Roll Eyes

WillyBTC

Activity: 312

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 07:17:48 AM

I think it wasn't bottom

Pretty big range. Almost too big to disagree with. I don't like to think that long term. I am eyeing the $200 zone (Bitfinex) for a mid term bottom, personally.
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 08:34:47 AM

I seriously think we are headed down to 200 or lower, there's no reason for bitcoin to be this expensive. Bitcoin is used for transferring value from person to person without anyone in the middle taking an outrageous fee. The ONLY reason bitcoin should be higher priced is if there isn't enough value in bitcoins to hold the amount of wealth the community as a whole would like to transfer and frankly... no one uses it for that atm. It has plenty of room to move down and still be extremely functional for what it was intended to do.

As Warren Buffet says, it's silly to think Bitcoin has some giant intrinsic value, especially in it's infancy... the value is the blockchain, it functions exactly the same no matter how high the price is, and until people start using it for its intended purposes and not just a speculative investment, we will always be in "bubble territory".

Granted, there will always be investors in every single asset. But right now, its an overwhelming unbalance of speculation, with barely anyone actually using it for it's intended purpose other than the few.

I'm starting to feel like too many people's futures are dependent on the next bitcoin bubble and that this is going to be a self-fulfilling prophecy. The only thing a giant group of people with greed in their eyes are going to cause is a bubble.

If you truly care about bitcoin and feel it's the future, start using it for it's intended purpose or we will never get passed where we are now. Don't buy it.... say "I'm pro bitcoin, it's the future!", sell it when it rises at a profit and continue using the same fiat system you speak so negatively about..

It just goes to show that when it comes to profit, bitcoin doesn't mean all that much, and lets face it: Most of you only know of bitcoin due to the bubbles, you're here for a profit.

I fully agree with that.  Bitcoin's fundamental is merchant adoption.
The demand for bitcoin as a means of payment is the real fundamental of the price.  In other words, the market share it can take in the fiat market as a currency.  For the moment, that is still very very low, but it is growing.

The funny thing is that it gets frowned upon by "bitcoin bulls" because it "lowers the price with all that dumping", while it brings bitcoin exactly towards (one of) its fundamentals.

Of course, on top of that, there are two other contributions:

1) long-term store of value (which is not credible right now with such a short-lived and volatile asset) such as gold.

2) speculation on the future fundamentals (which Warren calls "bubble territory").  It is the dominant price determinant for the moment, and is totally unpredictable because it depends on the whims and beliefs of people.
conteaza

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 09:00:25 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2015, 02:49:12 PM by conteaza

Now tell me please who would mine nowadays for nothing,I mean if price is not so important for you how miners could cover his losses and reach ROI huh?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 12:31:15 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2015, 03:55:55 PM by Amph

I think it wasn't bottom

that's a stupid bottom, not gonna happen, below 200 is a tough one already
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 01:26:58 PM

I think it wasn't bottom

that's a stupi bottom, not gonna happen, below 200 is a tough one already

I'd bet we will go to the $100 range.
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 02:10:35 PM

I think it wasn't bottom

If we will go near $100 price range it will cause mass panic and the price would go down right to the bottom. It probably would be the end of bitcoin as people will be selling everything like crazy.
conteaza

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 02:48:37 PM

I think it wasn't bottom

If we will go near $100 price range it will cause mass panic and the price would go down right to the bottom. It probably would be the end of bitcoin as people will be selling everything like crazy.
This is not gonna happen,you can sleep in peace.
skinnyboy

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 03:15:30 PM

Now tell me please who would mine nowadays for nothing,I mean if price is not so important for you how miners could cover his losses and reach ROI huh?

And herein lies a big chunk of the problem facing bitcoin.  So many people in it for profit, not for what it was invented for.  I will continue to mine even at a financial cost because I want the network to succeed, I want the potential for bitcoin to be realised.

If I want to earn bitcoin then I'll go out and provide something of value to someone in return for it.

You see, Sapcecakes is right.  If you are only looking to sell it out at a profit and carry on with fiat you are part of the problem, not the solution.  To me it doesn't matter if bitcoin drops to less than a dollar, it's still a fundamentally useful technology and that is what I'm hoping to see people build on.  In fact, I'm not just predicting the price will continue to fall, I'm actively hoping it will, because then the short sighted people will be removed from the industry and the people who actually see its true value will be left to develop its future without being surrounded by folk who have nothing but dollar signs in their eyes.

Here's to hoping for a <$1 bitcoin :-D

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 03:56:28 PM

I think it wasn't bottom

what? the contrary will happen actually, a panic buy will start, and for this reason we will never go even below 200
bitcoindance

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 08:31:34 PM

I think it wasn't bottom

what? the contrary will happen actually, a panic buy will start, and for this reason we will never go even below 200

Exactly. Also I don't think that people will sell at a very big loss, most will simply wait for the price to go up.
LitcoinCollector
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 08:56:14 PM

The price will go up, Bitcoin is the future!
BTCreward

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 11:00:31 PM

I think it wasn't bottom

Every time any kind of physiological barrier is breached people will start to panic. The same was true when the price breached $500, the same was true when the price breached $300.

Assuming the price goes below $250 the same will be true, the same with probably $200

chaoman

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 11:03:35 PM

this is your last chance for cheap coins and you bears are squandering it.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: