Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:52:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox withdraws are not being confirmed  (Read 705 times)
unclemantis (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

(:firstbits => "1mantis")

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 04:35:20 AM

I have had friends send me bitcoin and I have gotten bitcoin from the various faucets out there and they are confirming just fine. But every time i do a withdraw from MtGox the transaction NEVER gets confirmed. Not even once. What is the deal? I am concerned Sad

http://www.blockchain.info/tx-index/11368547/f0defe6b679edb623486ae8c225ff2c0c6bae1a85196a949d723d874ad014e61

PHP, Ruby, Rails, ASP, JavaScript, SQL
20+ years experience w/ Internet Technologies
Bitcoin OTC | GPG Public Key                                                                               thoughts?
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 06:58:58 AM
Last edit: July 08, 2012, 07:13:07 AM by Stephen Gornick

But every time i do a withdraw from MtGox the transaction NEVER gets confirmed.

It appears that you chose "Green Address".

Green Address is only something you would choose if you are sending to someone where green addresses are recognized for instant payments.   In that instance, the recipient trusts that Mt. Gox will not double spend and thus credits you immediately, regardless of how many confirmations the transaction got in the blockchain.

So ..., either stop withdrawing as Green Transaction, or talk to the merchant about recognizing green transactions.  (There are few that do though.)  If you are sending to yourself, there is never a need for Green Transactions.

This specific transaction you provided the link for is valid, it just hasn't bee included in a block yet.  It will, though who knows how long -- hours or a day yet.

If fast confirming transactions are necessary, maintain a balance in your own wallet and then pay from there where you can include a fee.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █