I am pretty confident we are the new fiat slaves, gentlemen.

(1/15) > >>

TruthBear:
How does the dynamic on bitcointalk change when the bitcoin experiment fails and it falls to the $1-$5 range? The legendary early adopters will no longer hold power and the forum at whole will become a better distributed/ fairer environment. Since most people came into bitcoin to increase their FIAT holdings, they have totally missed the point and too much emphasis is on price rather than technology. Looking over the forum, people are foaming at the mouths like rabid dogs, hoping (like a religious sect) for the price to rise. They have indirectly become slaves to the very system that satoshi was looking to fix.

As soon as bitcoin fails, we can live in harmony. All you should care about is 1 BTC = 1 BTC.

flipstyle:
Quote from: TruthBear on January 06, 2015, 12:57:06 AM

Since most people came into bitcoin to increase their FIAT holdings, they have totally missed the point and too much emphasis is on price rather than technology. Looking over the forum, people are foaming at the mouths like rabid dogs, hoping (like a religious sect) for the price to rise. They have indirectly become slaves to the very system that satoshi was looking to fix.

irony.jpeg

Majority of its users are investors/speculators (including myself)  so I guess we all get what we deserved, amirite? 

Greed breeds more greed.

hahaha

Mr Spread:
I'll still be using bitcoin even if the price falls down to $1 because it is a world changing piece of technology. But of course if an altcoin survives and surpasses bitcoin then I assume everyone will switch to that, including me.

TruthBear:
Quote from: Mr Spread on January 06, 2015, 01:33:21 AM

I'll still be using bitcoin even if the price falls down to $1 because it is a world changing piece of technology. But of course if an altcoin survives and surpasses bitcoin then I assume everyone will switch to that, including me.

I researched a lot of bitcoin's history today and when I came to this forum, there was a stark contrast. I'm glad to see some people still see bitcoin as a technological marvel rather than a get-rich-quick scheme.

BitcoiNaked:
Plot twist, Satoshi found out to have abandoned bitcoin and made tons of altcoins while he was at it. Now he abandoned both and is fcking hot bitches in some island. what a boss

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page