Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:44:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cannot connect to network  (Read 625 times)
Jeremy West spendbitcoins.com (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2012, 04:45:21 AM

Hi there,

I sent a customer of mine (a newbie) bitcoins several days ago and they haven't received them.

I had them send me a screenshot:

which obviously shows they are not connected to the bitcoin network. What could cause this and what can they do about it?

Thanks for the technical support, forums! Wink

You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Deafboy

Activity: 482
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2012, 05:38:40 AM

I don't think it has anything to do with port forwarding. He's obviously not connected at all. Not even standard 8 connections if you are behind firewall.
Tell him to try
Code:
telnet electrum.bitcoins.sk 8333
or any other known online node and post the output.
Atheros

Activity: 249
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2012, 06:41:04 PM

I don't think it has anything to do with port forwarding. He's obviously not connected at all. Not even standard 8 connections if you are behind firewall.
Tell him to try
Code:
telnet electrum.bitcoins.sk 8333
or any other known online node and post the output.

There won't be output. He would need to send a valid version message before the remote host will send anything back.

OP, the user's firewall (probably a corporate firewall) is blocking outbound TCP connections. Request that he get this computer connected to the internet through a less draconian Internet connection. If he cannot, he could move his wallet file home and fire up Bitcoin there.

BM-GteJMPqvHRUdUHHa1u7dtYnfDaH5ogeY
Bitmessage.org - Decentralized, trustless, encrypted, authenticated messaging protocol and client.
stepkrav

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 06:46:32 PM

perhaps enabling network proxy settings by mistake?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: