Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:53:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I just considered the possibility that....  (Read 1414 times)
vokain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 01:29:41 PM

I just considered the possibility  that PPTs could just skip Pirate and do the same, I mean who's to know?

How can we know? Does Pirate have a list of verified lenders? Seems like any schmuck can just start a PPT. Discuss.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ben Walsh (beamer)

Activity: 343
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 03:16:10 PM

Why do you think the PPT.A ... PPT.E asset contract have the following ...

"These bonds will be partially insured and backed by a cartel of some of the most reputable and well known BTC lenders in the lending forums: BurtW, PatrickHarnett, dollartrader, hashking, imsaguy and ineededausername."

In this example, there are a bunch of posts to corroborate the statement in the contracts.

vokain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 03:19:06 PM

I'm not talking about PPT.A-E, but the countless other pass throughs that have popped up. I mean, even if Pirate wasn't a ponzi, any of the new ones could be
Brunic

Activity: 632
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 03:21:18 PM

I'm not talking about PPT.A-E, but the countless other pass throughs that have popped up. I mean, even if Pirate wasn't a ponzi, any of the new ones could be

Just check on the blockchain where the money goes.
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 03:23:23 PM

does not work with glbse
Ben Walsh (beamer)

Activity: 343
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 03:26:07 PM

I wouldn't touch a PPT based asset without a corroborated link to a user of the forums with a very good reputation.

There are far too many charlatans around.
R-

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Pasta

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 03:28:26 PM

I wouldn't touch a PPT based asset without a corroborated link to a user of the forums with a very good reputation.

There are far too many charlatans around.

They're all going down anyways. The way I picture it: If the ponzi mothership explodes, so do the little ponzi ships.
vokain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 03:40:55 PM

so does everyone that's in the way of them falling  Undecided
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 04:09:39 PM

does not work with glbse

Actually it does - pirate seems not to use custom patches to keep his coins seperated, so it's not that hard to link at least large parts of his addresses together. With GLBSE it is the same, then you just need to check when how much money from some GLBSE address flows to some of pirate's addresses.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 04:11:34 PM

does not work with glbse

Actually it does - pirate seems not to use custom patches to keep his coins seperated, so it's not that hard to link at least large parts of his addresses together. With GLBSE it is the same, then you just need to check when how much money from some GLBSE address flows to some of pirate's addresses.

thanks!
Lumpy

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 04:29:01 PM

I just considered the possibility  that PPTs could just skip Pirate and do the same, I mean who's to know?

How can we know? Does Pirate have a list of verified lenders? Seems like any schmuck can just start a PPT. Discuss.

I've thought about this too. In fact, a perfect way to "short" Pirate would be to establish one of these uninsured PPT bonds. Instead of sending the BTC to pirate, keep it in your own wallet and pay out the 6.whatever%. If pirate goes bust, apologize to everyone that their money was lost (after all, it was uninsured...) and keep the balance. If pirate continues longer than you can... well... that's the problem.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: