Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:53:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Closing  (Read 20641 times)
Francesco

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 07:37:49 AM

Obsi, do you have anything to say in response to the accusation that you are running a ponzi scam? Or are you just going to ignore it and hope people keep investing anyway?

He is going to ignore all concerns, and so is market so he is right for his own interest. Bitcoin world apparently accepted as canon that there must be something paying crazy rates, it's like, a Bitcoin institution, and everyone will jump in irregardless of risk; Obsi managed to be second in line after Pirate, kudos to him.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 07:57:19 AM

PONZI SCAM

Probably. But at 1% if it survives at least 100 days, or I sell before it collapse, I come out on the plus side anyway.

In Ponzis We Trust (to get in and out quickly).

Does this mean you are going to actively try and find new "marks" ?  If you know its a ponzi and participate anyway you are willingly getting involved in a  criminal act to defraud more people.

No. I said it is probably a Ponzi scam and spoke for me about my choice. So the first in line to risk exposure is just me until I stay invested here. There is ppl who like to play poker online and others who like to risk their money in ponzi scams. Until everyone assume responsability of their acts is just fine.
BTW: OBSI.HRPT is having a money flow bigger than Gigamining, so there is no need of advertising at all.
bitcoinbear

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 12:06:23 AM

Today's daily coupon has been paid @ 1% of IPO price.

Thank you.

Maybe you should use the term "face value" instead of "IPO price"? Or is there a better term?

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
Smoovious

Activity: 504

Scattering my bits around the net since 1980

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 02:58:18 AM

Today's daily coupon has been paid @ 1% of IPO price.

Thank you.

Maybe you should use the term "face value" instead of "IPO price"? Or is there a better term?
I believe the interest is based on the original IPO price.

As the prices of the bonds we're trading, change, the funds he has received through IPO/SPO's, have not, assuming his SPO's have also been getting sold at the same price as the IPO was.

All the bond price is after issue, is how much we're willing to buy/sell them amongst ourselves.

-- Smoov
The00Dustin

Activity: 807

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 12:22:06 PM

I believe the interest is based on the original IPO price.

As the prices of the bonds we're trading, change, the funds he has received through IPO/SPO's, have not, assuming his SPO's have also been getting sold at the same price as the IPO was.

All the bond price is after issue, is how much we're willing to buy/sell them amongst ourselves.

-- Smoov
I didn't respond because I wasn't sure bond was the right term and didn't feel like going to see the contract.  However, if this is a bond, then its face value is .1, which also happens to be the IPO price.  It sells for more than face value sometimes because people want to get in on the interest and are willing to pay a premium for the opportunity, but the bond could theoretically be paid off (bought back) at .1 anytime, even if someone had just paid .11 for it.  Also, if it is a bond, it is unsecured, but I suppose that is neither here nor there.
dust

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2012, 06:27:40 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2012, 04:45:49 PM by dust

Obsi stands to make almost BTC4k if he closes up now, but it is currently more profitable to keep the scheme going until the purchase of new bonds slows.

Edit: I have no position involving OBSI.HRPT currently but will be considering a short when it is closer to collapse.

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 06:38:21 AM

Interesting. Can you keep this updated please.

Obsy, if you are running a ponzi. You will soon reach the point of highest profit.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 07:25:14 AM

Great chart Dust!

Obsy, if you are running a ponzi. You will soon reach the point of highest profit.

If ? As if that is a question.
However, since OBSI is selling bonds, people cant withdraw their money other than by selling bonds to other suckers. There isnt much risk of a bank run. The worst that can happen for obsi is that no more new bonds are purchased and he has to lower price or risk stagnation. His profits are locked in. Much better scheme than what pirate did.
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 07:38:12 AM

Sure, I did get out a week after buying in. Exactly the moment I realized what I have invested in. I even stole made 0.8 BTC out of it.

So I'm happy with it and for now only curious what will happen here.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
dust

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2012, 07:58:04 AM

Great chart Dust!

However, since OBSI is selling bonds, people cant withdraw their money other than by selling bonds to other suckers. There isnt much risk of a bank run. The worst that can happen for obsi is that no more new bonds are purchased and he has to lower price or risk stagnation. His profits are locked in. Much better scheme than what pirate did.
It is a much better scheme than pirate's because Obsi can take his investors' money without even violating his contract.  He can walk away with thousands of BTC and not even be considered a scammer.

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
btharper

Activity: 389

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 11:45:17 AM

Great chart Dust!

It is a much better scheme than pirate's because Obsi can take his investors' money without even violating his contract.  He can walk away with thousands of BTC and not even be considered a scammer.
Someone is listening, the shares were selling down to 0.075 and as of the time of wiring there are a bit over 100 shares available for a few satoshis under IPO price

Edit: Man are graphs convincing
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 04:51:27 PM

Don't Panic!

He can keep up the 0.001 div per day for at least a year.
Hmm... who else kept paying for a year and the run like a slimy thieve. Oh, scammer Trendon Shavers from Texas. That's the one!
 LOL

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
trifith

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 05:02:00 PM

Don't Panic!

Hmm... who else kept paying for a year and the run like a slimy thieve. Oh, scammer Trendon Shavers from Texas. That's the one!
 LOL

Awesome, 1 year from now, I'll sell. In the mean time, profits for me. (No, I'm not banking 100% on this)

The secret is to diversify. Don't put all your eggs in one basket, even if the basket pays great rates.

The other secret is not to invest what you can't afford to lose. Less than 10% of my portfolio is in OBSI.HRPT.

Hell, it says HIGH RISK right there in the name. As in, you might just lose everything you put into it. So be careful.

bitcoinbear

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 05:05:51 PM

Interesting that the price has dropped dramatically. Obsi has not even lowered the rate yet, let alone missed a payment.

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
dust

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2012, 05:09:24 PM

Don't Panic!

LOL

Awesome, 1 year from now, I'll sell. In the mean time, profits for me. (No, I'm not banking 100% on this)

The secret is to diversify. Don't put all your eggs in one basket, even if the basket pays great rates.

The other secret is not to invest what you can't afford to lose. Less than 10% of my portfolio is in OBSI.HRPT.

Hell, it says HIGH RISK right there in the name. As in, you might just lose everything you put into it. So be careful.

Diversification does not help you if you invest in things that are -EV (negative expected value).  Also, OBSI.HRPT will not last a year.  I'll bet on it.

Factory

Activity: 259

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 06:03:02 PM

Well, in terms of simple math; without extra capital inflows from continual additional bond sales, it would be 100 days.

Diversification does not help you if you invest in things that are -EV (negative expected value).  Also, OBSI.HRPT will not last a year.  I'll bet on it.

This about sums it up.

EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 06:52:01 PM

Looks like pink and big friendly letters worked out OK.
Usagi picked up a load of OBSI.HRPT

But who is going to save it from the next sell off?

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
btharper

Activity: 389

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 09:43:33 PM

looks like more selling since my earlier post, but not quite as low. If nothing else people are gun shy about possible ponzi schemes.  Maybe Obsi will see the point in sharing some of the details of his business, but no telling what will happen when.

Disclaimer: while I have sold my few shares (at a reasonable and profitable price, not in panic), I have no reason to accuse Obsi of running a ponzi operator, I just want to be careful. My loss if he's on the up and up.
BadBitcoin (James Sutton)
Donator

Activity: 452
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 11:52:21 PM

looks like more selling since my earlier post, but not quite as low. If nothing else people are gun shy about possible ponzi schemes.  Maybe Obsi will see the point in sharing some of the details of his business, but no telling what will happen when.

Disclaimer: while I have sold my few shares (at a reasonable and profitable price, not in panic), I have no reason to accuse Obsi of running a ponzi operator, I just want to be careful. My loss if he's on the up and up.

you know, if you asked him, he would tell you exactly what he does, he told me.
stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 12:04:45 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2012, 12:42:43 AM by stochastic

you know, if you asked him, he would tell you exactly what he does, he told me.

Obsi, what exactly do you do?  You are always the top of my dividend chart.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: