Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:36:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are cryptocurrencies the future?  (Read 2587 times)
oyasumi

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 11:38:01 AM

Good thing:
It is free,it is not controlled by country or banks.
No inflation
Bad thing:
It is no worth itself,you must take responsibility for yourself.
The cost of bitcoin system is high.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mobius

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 11:47:40 AM

Cheap, fast and borderless payments. Payments need distrupting.
oyasumi

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 12:27:51 PM

Cheap, fast and borderless payments. Payments need distrupting.
In fact it not cheap and fast at all.Now transaction fee is low because the cost of system is undertake by people who buy bitcoins,not people who use bitcoins.Bitcoin need hash race,and,many miner computer work,but just one computer's working is effective at one time.Compare to bank's mainframe,the cost of Bitcoin system is much more higher.
Hope78

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 12:36:26 PM

Why? You can make serious profits if you know when to buy.
And two, nobody can track the money.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 07:45:47 PM

When you have a deflationary currency everything becomes cheaper, why people are against this is beyond me

I don't think that 'people' are against deflation. I am sure that governments are against deflation, because it backs them into an inescapable self-imposed debt corner. Other than that, i think 'economists' are against deflation, as they axiomatically view 'an expanding economy' as A Good Thing, and fail to take into account what is good for each of the actual persons within the economy.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 07:56:12 PM

What I'm asking is, how would the use of decentralized currencies be preferable to the current system of banking?

While this has been alluded to in earlier posts, I think it needs stating directly.

The current fiat system is merely a system designed to steal the accumulated real wealth of the entire populace, and put it in the pockets of the financiers, through the hidden tax called 'inflation'.

Bitcoin is free of this issue. Granted, there is inflation in the early years*, but this tax is one placed not on the entire populace, but upon all existing holders of bitcoin. And it benefits not the financiers, but all users of bitcoin.

*by the classical definition of inflation='increase in money supply". If you'd rather define it as the change in ratio of 'change in money supply'/'economic activity supported by the currency', it has been -- and will likely to continue to be --- deflationary on net. Or by the corrupted definition of 'change in price of goods and services', also deflationary on net -- albeit hugely variable.

Further, the increase in money supply asymptotically approaches zero until somewhere about the year 2140, at which point it becomes zero. Or probably actually goes negative, due to the inevitable case of people losing private keys. Nevertheless, the rate of money creation, as well as its absolute cap, is fixed, known, and fully predictable.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 07:56:21 PM

You'll be smoking a fat cigar on a beach somewhere with a Russian 25 year old wife.
My wife may not be a fan of that idea  Wink
[/quote]

Best just smoke the cigar with her then.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
mlferro

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 02:50:01 AM

It's been said before that the best thing about BTC is that it's not related to any nation state. Since most countries have bad economic policies, the local currency suffers, something which can't happen with BTC.
really it brings improvements in quality of life for people living places where economic policies are weak.

botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 03:05:33 PM

That is hardly the reason why it should be the future.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 03:35:14 PM

One of the major reasons that cryptocurrencies are the future is, the offer of treasure provided to hackers.

Hackers are people who do hacking for a reason or purpose. Some of them are bored. Some of them are young punks who want to test and improve their computer skills. Some of them are paid to hack. Others are paid computer programmers who use hacking to sharpen their programming skills. And I'm sure there are loads of other reasons.

In almost all of the above cases, hackers are basically looking for some form of "pay." I mean, if you were a hacker who fit into one of the above examples, wouldn't you be more inclined to do a good job of hacking if you knew that there was the promise of treasure, if only you could do your hacking well enough?

Cryptocurrencies are the future because of the promise of treasure to the hackers. Just look at all those bitcoins that could be stolen if only the blockchain or personal computers could be systematically hacked.

The blockchain encryption is very strong. Computer firewall encryption is very strong. They are strong, like the walls of a bank vault that houses treasure - money, gold, silver, bonds, etc.  If only one could breach those walls, think of the possibilities. Yet unlike a bank vault, there is tremendous freedom. There aren't many armed guards. The firewall guards are strong, but they are not armed. Properly done, if you can hack and get away, you live to hack another day... from elsewhere.

Because the blockchain and firewalls are so strong, hackers are refining all kinds of hacking methods, even inventing new machinery and math methods, just so they can hack and steal. Many of the hackers don't realize what a job they have ahead of themselves. Rather, they feel lucky. So they go about their hacking attempts with ever-renewed vigor.

Because of all of the above, many new developments will come about in the areas of computer and programming technology. Even mathematics itself may be extended by some obscure hacker, who is simply trying to grab as many bitcoins out of the blockchain and firewall "bank vaults" as he/she can get away with. Because of the strength of the encryption, this whole hacking-caused advancement of math and computer technology will go on well into the future.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 03:58:02 PM

LOL, I am mentally paraphrasing that  to "Just a big fuckoff carrot to get useful work out of shiftless crackers."

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
Arnab biswas

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 04:05:34 PM

as we can already see that cryptocurrency are more loyal than the real money.it is fun to use the cryptocurrency

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼ No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼ █████████████████ ███████████████ sec◔nds trade █████████████████ ███████████████ ↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓[/ url]
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 04:11:07 PM

LOL, I am mentally paraphrasing that  to "Just a big fuckoff carrot to get useful work out of shiftless crackers."

Glad you liked it. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=916556.msg10092840#msg10092840

Cheesy

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 04:24:17 PM

Please do be gentle as I'm a total noob with regards to Bitcoin and indeed the inner workings of currency itself.

Over the last twelve months, I've heard numerous figures bill decentralized currency as one of the components that would form a better social environment on an international scale. Max Keiser in particular seems to be particularly supportive of the notion, yet never fully elaborates as to why cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin would be favorable to the way things are now.

What I'm asking is, how would the use of decentralized currencies be preferable to the current system of banking? How would it's mass use make my life better than it is now? Why should we as a people throw our support behind this cause?

Thanks in advance for your answers and helping to educate me on this topic.

Smiley

I'll be gentle since it's your first time. I'll even give you a kiss first.  Kiss

You asked a key question with, "how would the use of decentralized currencies be preferable to the current system". Decentralized in this case means controlled by the people and not one overseer. That's not really even difficult to understand when you realize that you are being controlled using your money. You can't tell the government not to do something because by the time you vote for the change the deed is done. What if the government had to ask you for money to do something before they could do it because they aren't in control of the money? Greedy businessmen determine the direction of the economy. That power would shift to you unless you voluntarily release that power by releasing your private keys. Sometimes individual governments screw up so bad that they screw the whole country and with it the people of that country. I bet the people of Greece wish they had all of their money in bitcoins a few years ago. Examples like that exist all over the world. What would it feel like to live in a world where the people really controlled the government? Take away their money and you'll find out. Would life really be better? I can't answer that without a crystal ball. I can say, from watching current events for the last few decades, that I believe it can't be worse than what we have now.

Purple Wayne

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 04:34:55 PM

My guess is he only cares about bitcoin to make profit. And bitcoin is very easy to track, especially if you're not careful. Unlike fiat every transaction is logged on the blockchain so you can see where every coin moves.

I only wanted 2 see u underneath the Purple Wayne.
fordlincoln

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 10:07:23 PM

Cryptocurrency is global, without barriers to entry, and inclusive.
Besides being (mostly) open-source and distributed to withstand attacks, Cryptocurrency is the future of how we understand digital value.

The Blockchain is at the heart of all of this, and bringing utility and reach to this technology is how Cryptocurrency will be part of our everyday lives in this very near future.

Projects like Factom are reaching outside of Bitcoin to show how the Blockchain can be used for things like land title registries for the 3rd world - there's a video on YouTube here: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uYQ5icxGvmA
oyasumi

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 11:19:26 AM

If you use bitcoin,anybody can track the money.Bitcoin is anonymous,but blockchain is open to everybody.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 02:16:13 PM

I can mention at least a few reasons.

Decentralization.
Bitcoin is anonymous.
Online security.
Get rid from banks:)

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 03:47:16 PM

My guess is he only cares about bitcoin to make profit. And bitcoin is very easy to track, especially if you're not careful. Unlike fiat every transaction is logged on the blockchain so you can see where every coin moves.

Yes, we do need all kinds of people. Speculators play an important role in the bitcoin market.
Dr. Pepper

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 03:53:05 PM

Over the last twelve months, I've heard numerous figures bill decentralized currency as one of the components that would form a better social environment on an international scale. Max Keiser in particular seems to be particularly supportive of the notion, yet never fully elaborates as to why cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin would be favorable to the way things are now.

What I'm asking is, how would the use of decentralized currencies be preferable to the current system of banking? How would it's mass use make my life better than it is now? Why should we as a people throw our support behind this cause?

People like Max Keiser are proponents of bitcoin because the entire fiat and banking systems are corrupt and rotten to their core, and with bitcoin there are many ways this can help make the playing field a bit more fair. Just read up on some basic econmics and how the fiat money system works and you'll see why.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: