Communist Bitshares Wealth Redistribution IS THEFT!
<< < (68/80) > >>
DecentralizeEconomics:
Quote from: DesertWind on February 13, 2015, 07:22:09PM

Exactly. BTS pegs will work until they don't. 3-4 sigma volatility will blow it all up.

Hedging your assets is as old as financial markets and ubiquitous. Nothing remotely new.

For example, I'm in Canada but trade in US funds...
So to "peg" or lock in the my recent 20% gains in the CAD is trivial...
You (a) buy CAD by shorting USD.CAD in forex cash market or (b) buy CAD futures contracts on CME....
Once you have a 1:1 ratio of USD and CAD you are 100% hedged/pegged.

In the Forex cash market, I have regulated billion $$$ banks and dealers as my counterparty...
On the CME, my highly regulated counterparty must deliver CAD on a specific date.

With BTS all I have is a crypto Asset Bubble on the other side...
They may claim "no counterparty risk" on a complicated and disingenuous basis...
But there is massive "systemic risk" because of the fragility of the BTS Bubble.

There no use for BTS or their primitive hedging schemes in the Real World, it's kid stuff...
And US regulators are watching closely cheered on by the most influential man on Wall St Jamie Dimon...
"Incredulous" because crypto minus decentralization and privacy has negative value.

If you share the purity of Satoshi's vision... Nxt is the only game in town right now.

http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/the-us-government-closes-in-on-bitcoin-and-some-bitcoiners-are-smiling

DecentralizeEconomics:

DecentralizeEconomics:

achimsmile:
Quote from: bitcoinjesus2.0 on February 10, 2015, 03:40:16 PM

So in summary class, what is Bitcoin2.0?

"A BITCOIN THAT PAYS YOU TO HOLD IT"
(BitBTC)

Cool, the fiat that I hold in my bank account is fiat 2.0 , since it pays me to hold it.

So my crypto has to be inflationary to be a 2.0 coin
achimsmile:
Quote from: bitcoinjesus2.0 on February 17, 2015, 09:23:01 AM

No, it just has to be profitable for the users.  Inflation is just an option.

an option that is in currently use by bitUSD

Quote from: bitcoinjesus2.0 on February 17, 2015, 09:23:01 AM

BTC/NXT/BTS all crete new coins.

supply of Nxt is fixed
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page