Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:40:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I know what Pirate's doing  (Read 5427 times)
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 08:31:01 AM

I've done some very analytic research, carefully analyzing all of Pirate's projects, posts, and relationships.  I'm 99.9% sure I know exactly what he's doing.
Then do it yourself and earn ~10% per week! Roll Eyes

What stops anyone else to create the exact same thread you did claiming they have 99.9% certainty by evidence through analysis of whatever that pirate operates a ponzi? They just don't want to tell you...

If you really did thorough research, just tell us how much pirate currently has in his hot wallet.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 10:26:50 AM

Well, sorry for being rude to a scammer. Huh

I really wish we could all be nice to each other, but some people just prefer the money.

It's a good question though, what are we gaining? Hopefully, the respect of people that we put our time and name and nerves on the line to get this place to work better. I don't expect everyone to like this before the scheme runs with the remaining funds. But hopefully, this will look otherwise afterward.

If not, yes, then I've been a total idiot for trying to help people just to get insults for it. Time will tell I guess.

Allegations of one being a scammer doesn't necessary make it factual. It is pretty severe title you are claiming for him but present no proof to back up your claim with. You only have suspicion and hunches, I wouldn't say baseless but they may end up being true or false. Where's the proof that he scammed anyone till this point?  Is it civil and intelligent behavior to shout accusations without actual evidence? Or are you saying speculation of him running a ponzi already makes him a scammer?

And the rest of your remarks are just stupid.
You made your decision, you made your points, let others come to their own conclusions and act accordingly.
aq

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 12:23:12 PM

Well, sorry for being rude to a scammer. Huh

I really wish we could all be nice to each other, but some people just prefer the money.

It's a good question though, what are we gaining? Hopefully, the respect of people that we put our time and name and nerves on the line to get this place to work better. I don't expect everyone to like this before the scheme runs with the remaining funds. But hopefully, this will look otherwise afterward.

If not, yes, then I've been a total idiot for trying to help people just to get insults for it. Time will tell I guess.

The day it's over all you have to do is use one of your other sock puppet accounts.  It's coming, you better be ready.
Hopefully not too soon... Cheesy
A lot of us really enjoy making some steady nice profits.

What I want to know is, what is motivating these super-aggressive naysayers? What do they stand to gain by scaring people away from pirate?
Actually I think the others are gaining from those naysayers. Without them pirate could at least haft the rate, and still everyone would lend him. So maybe this Vandroiy is heavily invested with pirate and just fears that the interest rate would go down.
R-

Pasta

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 01:29:25 PM

How much did Pirate offer you to type up thread extolling his business practices?
the joint (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 02:41:33 PM

How much did Pirate offer you to type up thread extolling his business practices?

Nothing.

Let me be very clear about something.  It takes a lot for me to say that I'm 99.9% sure about something, but it takes even more for me to say I'm 100% sure about something.  That .1% comes from a lack of any concrete knowledge of who his "big buyers" really are.

This post is not about business advice.  The OP is not intended in any way to be a reason to invest/withdraw from Pirate.

That being said, I think Pirate has given us enough information to let us know what he's doing, and I think he's right in the sense that telling us what he's doing would seriously cut into his profit margins.  I've read all of Pirate's posts multiple times from the very beginning.  I've developed a working model of how he can actually pay a 7% compounded weekly to his lenders without doing anything illegal.

I'm haven't stated what I think it is for several reasons.
1.)  99.9% certainty is not 100% certainty and I am not taking any chance whatsoever of making a bad call when so much money from so many people is involved.  Pirate still has the option to run with all our money, and while I don't think it's smart for the sake of his financial and physical well-being, it could happen.  I've seen stranger things happen.
2.)  Based on my model, I think Pirate is entitled to his profits and I don't feel like screwing anyone out of business.
3.)  I'm hopefully about to land a career job myself which will allow me to gain access to enough capital in enough time to start something similar.  I don't want to ruin future potential profits for myself, either.  This is the biggest reason.

I would hope that anyone with a significant amount of money invested in a Piarte or pass-through account will have gone to the length of research that I have and far more.  The amount of money I have invested in a pass-through is but a drop in the pond.  For the love of god, be careful with your money.
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 03:16:27 PM

flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 03:21:13 PM

I'm hopefully about to land a career job myself which will allow me to gain access to enough capital in enough time to start something similar.

if you ever start it please let us know.
i am interested in investing....
R-

Pasta

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 03:24:20 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2012, 03:48:52 PM by R-

"I'm hopefully about to land a career job myself which will allow me to gain access to enough capital in enough time to start something similar.  I don't want to ruin future potential profits for myself, either.  This is the biggest reason."

This doesn't make sense. Why post this thread? You would take caution to hide any knowledge you have of recreating a 3300% ROI/year. Advocating for Pirate wouldn't provide any benefit for you or the community. Waste of a thread imho.
BrightAnarchist
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 853

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 04:09:19 PM

Nothing.

Let me be very clear about something.  It takes a lot for me to say that I'm 99.9% sure about something, but it takes even more for me to say I'm 100% sure about something.  That .1% comes from a lack of any concrete knowledge of who his "big buyers" really are.

This post is not about business advice.  The OP is not intended in any way to be a reason to invest/withdraw from Pirate.

That being said, I think Pirate has given us enough information to let us know what he's doing, and I think he's right in the sense that telling us what he's doing would seriously cut into his profit margins.  I've read all of Pirate's posts multiple times from the very beginning.  I've developed a working model of how he can actually pay a 7% compounded weekly to his lenders without doing anything illegal.

I'm haven't stated what I think it is for several reasons.
1.)  99.9% certainty is not 100% certainty and I am not taking any chance whatsoever of making a bad call when so much money from so many people is involved.  Pirate still has the option to run with all our money, and while I don't think it's smart for the sake of his financial and physical well-being, it could happen.  I've seen stranger things happen.
2.)  Based on my model, I think Pirate is entitled to his profits and I don't feel like screwing anyone out of business.
3.)  I'm hopefully about to land a career job myself which will allow me to gain access to enough capital in enough time to start something similar.  I don't want to ruin future potential profits for myself, either.  This is the biggest reason.

I would hope that anyone with a significant amount of money invested in a Piarte or pass-through account will have gone to the length of research that I have and far more.  The amount of money I have invested in a pass-through is but a drop in the pond.  For the love of god, be careful with your money.

I know someone else on the forum with deep pockets that also plans to compete with pirate.

It's not me though; I have my own very different btc-business going on.

But I'm just saying you're not the only one who claims to have it figured out.
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 04:34:33 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2012, 05:51:13 PM by Raize

Pirate still has the option to run with all our money.

Those who benefit from HYIP scams are the ones who only invest once and never again, or only put the interest earned back into the system. They have a vested interest in keeping all HYIPs going as long as they possibly can. They would make a post saying, "I know what he's doing, it's legit" without providing evidence, because it benefits them to do so.

I've yet to see anyone who actually isn't invested in BS&T defend BS&T. I am not invested in them and honestly really don't care, but if people are going to insist on talking about it, my opinion is never invest in something that can't explain how they are going to make you money, because you may be the way they are going to make money.
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 04:52:47 PM

I know what Pirate's doing
Ah, then surely you are already making the kind of returns he does (10%/wk.)?

And BrightAnarchist prefers his business to making 10% a week? Interesting, too.

If there is any truth at all to what you are saying, then I challenge you to search for a trusted third party (theymos or Maged perhaps, or someone who has no outspoken stance on this like nanotube), share your story how it is you think one can pay out 7% a week on now 6 digit BTC debt for now 8 months (while the debt continuosly grows), and they can confirm if your theory makes any sense or not.

Otherwise, I will have to assume this:

Those who benefit from HYIP scams are the ones who only invest once and never again, or only put the interest earned back into the system. They have a vested interest in keeping all HYIPs going as long as they possibly can. They would make a post saying, "I know what he's doing, it's legit" without providing evidence, because it benefits them to do so.
R-

Pasta

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 04:53:42 PM

I know what Pirate's doing
Ah, then surely you are already making the kind of returns he does (10%/wk.)?

And BrightAnarchist prefers his business to making 10% a week? Interesting, too.

If there is any truth at all to what you are saying, then I challenge you to search for a trusted third party (theymos or Maged perhaps, or someone who has no outspoken stance on this like nanotube), share your story how it is you think one can pay out 7% a week on now 6 digit BTC debt for now 8 months (while the debt continuosly grows), and they can confirm if your theory makes any sense or not.

Otherwise, I will have to assume this:

affirmative.
N12
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 04:55:14 PM

I guess these people must just be rich already, multimillionaires or even billionaires, and not care about money at all to turn down an opportunity to make money on this kind of volume.

Or they are feeding us BS.
pirateat40
Avast Ye!

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late."

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 04:58:51 PM

The problem with this is it's all about you knowing what is going on.  There is absolutely nothing in it for me or anyone else to tell yet another person what is going on.  I don't know if you realize the scale you're dealing with.

sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 05:03:52 PM

I don't know if you realize the scale you're dealing with.

Funny you mention 'scale(s)'.

My opinion is that Pirateat40 is buying all the weed on S R and reselling it for rediculous markups! Possibly the rum too! Case solved!

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
N12
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 05:07:47 PM

There is absolutely nothing in it for me or anyone else to tell yet another person what is going on.

Correct! You will get your deposits regardless and you don't seem to care enough about people continuously slandering you to do such a thing. Which is why I was speaking to people like "the joint" and "BrightAnarchist".

I am specifically also very interested in why these 2 people who seem to know but choose turn this once-in-a-lifetime-opportunity. Too lazy to make buckets of money with seemingly no risk and limit to volume and timeframe?
danieldaniel

Activity: 854

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 05:10:35 PM

Why don't you tell pirate?  See if he'll tell you if your theory is correct?

pirateat40
Avast Ye!

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 05:19:05 PM

There is absolutely nothing in it for me or anyone else to tell yet another person what is going on.

Correct! You will get your deposits regardless and you don't seem to care enough about people continuously slandering you to do such a thing.

In the words of one of my favorite quotes.

"It ain't that I'm too big to listen to the rumors, it's just that I'm too damn big to pay attention to 'em. That's the difference." - Dr. Dre

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 05:21:41 PM

Wow, did you seriously just quote Dr. Dre?

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
pirateat40
Avast Ye!

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 05:24:40 PM

Wow, did you seriously just quote Dr. Dre?

I did... words are words regardless of who says them.  I just gave him the credit.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: