Financial "Advisors"

(1/5) > >>

fryarminer:

I've had the opportunity to interview financial advisors recently for other stuff. But at some point I always pop the question: "What do you think of bitcoin?"

It's interesting. They never recommend it, and often have no idea what it is.

Today I was at table with four "advisors".
Response #1: "bit what? What is that?"
Response #2: "don't get into Bitcoin. It can be used to buy anything on the Internet but it is only used to buy guns and bad stuff. However I met a tall skinny guy who has invented an alternative to Bitcoin and his is going to be perfect when he launches it."

Then another went into conspiracy theories that all the financial systems of the world would collapse and that people would embrace a one-world currency imposed by some government.

Lethn:
LOL! :D Yeah to be honest, there are times when I feel assured by this level of ignorance, because it really lets you know just how much of an early adopter of Bitcoin you are, even the newbies here are still early adopters compared to a lot of people out there, I still have plenty of time to build up my funds before the big investors move in.

lyth0s:
Quote from: fryarminer on January 07, 2015, 06:14:46 AM

I've had the opportunity to interview financial advisors recently for other stuff. But at some point I always pop the question: "What do you think of bitcoin?"

Response #2: "don't get into Bitcoin. It can be used to buy anything on the Internet but it is only used to buy guns and bad stuff. However I met a tall skinny guy who has invented an alternative to Bitcoin and his is going to be perfect when he launches it."

Then another went into conspiracy theories that all the financial systems of the world would collapse and that people would embrace a one-world currency imposed by some government.

I wonder what his point was when he mentioned "a tall skinny guy", does that add positive ethos to his statement?

franky1:
just remember. that financial advisors, spend a couple years in business college and then go to financial universities and then have to sit some exam to prove they know how the fiat system works.

they know nothing of real world currency. and only what those FIAT books have taught them

AgentofCoin:
Quote from: lyth0s on January 07, 2015, 06:20:43 AM

Quote from: fryarminer on January 07, 2015, 06:14:46 AM

I wonder what his point was when he mentioned "a tall skinny guy", does that add positive ethos to his statement?

I wonder what the "alternative to Bitcoin" is and why its gonna be so "perfect"?

Its probably gonna be some crap coin called something like Geraldo Rivera Coin.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page