Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:09:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Vod just left negative feedback for iCEBREAKER after he left Vod negative rating  (Read 3097 times)
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 09:00:11 PM

It was only a matter of time before something like this ended up happening, especially with the fact on this forum we conduct real deals, I hope that the moderators will have the sense not to give in to this bullshit and drastically change the rules or ban anyone for that matter just because a few morons are screaming the loudest. The people bitching about Vod even if they are correct are counting on you to overreact and start banning people left and right, then slowly, they'll get support to try and take over the forum or try and get a good portion of the community to leave.

I've seen this kind of crap before and it's always something completely pointless that starts it.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
takagari
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 10:29:29 PM

It was only a matter of time before something like this ended up happening, especially with the fact on this forum we conduct real deals, I hope that the moderators will have the sense not to give in to this bullshit and drastically change the rules or ban anyone for that matter just because a few morons are screaming the loudest. The people bitching about Vod even if they are correct are counting on you to overreact and start banning people left and right, then slowly, they'll get support to try and take over the forum or try and get a good portion of the community to leave.

I've seen this kind of crap before and it's always something completely pointless that starts it.
no,
I'd just like the negative mark taken off my rating. Or vod removed from default trust.
But I can see how that seems like a forum take over.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 11:18:16 PM

I'm glad to read his account wasn't hacked.  I've removed my trust warning.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Vortex20000

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

sucker got hacked and screwed --Toad

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 12:12:40 AM

Hmmm, I would say this is probably not appropriate. He claims that it is a possibly hacked account, however his password was not changed in the last 30 days.

I think that Icebreaker's trust left for Vod is probably a misunderstanding of the entire situation, however he is entitled to his opinion about Vod's left feedback for TECHSHARE.

I think Vod should remove his trust for Icebreaker as this is more of an example of him trying to silence critics.

I would say this is somewhat of an example of leaving trust because of "trust abuse" and anyone who leaves those kinds of reports should not have any of their trust reports relied upon 

You've not changed yours in 30 days, so your password could be compromised.
Therefor shall we all leave negative feedback on your trust. You could very well be a hacked account :O
Constantly posts BS because he is a sore dolt. Honest discussion is one thing, but sarcasm goes too far. Roll Eyes
I'm glad to read his account wasn't hacked.  I've removed my trust warning.
Should still leave a neutral quoting his rating on your "wall" with a reference thread link to one of the threads TECSHARE made in Meta, so he can read the whole story...

takagari
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 01:20:25 AM

That wasn't actually sarcasm, but I'm glad you at least got the point that it wasn't a serious statement.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 07:20:28 AM

Can't please everybody, and if you try you'll just end up pleasing nobody.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 08:30:15 AM
Last edit: January 08, 2015, 09:37:37 AM by TECSHARE

IMHO everybody participating in the practice of leaving negative Trust in retaliation should cease this immediately. This is not what the Trust system is for, and doing so only diminishes the value of our ratings. Also we should go back and audit our Trust ratings periodically so that only those who are legitimately untrustworthy (ie. they've been proven to be scammers or walk/talk like a scammer and want you to send first without escrow, etc) remain with negative Trust. Finally, Trust ratings should not be set in stone. If someone gets lit red because of a loan default, but then eventually pays it back, I feel that the negative rating should be removed. Gotta keep in mind that everybody has their own life and their own life issues to deal with, and sometimes shit happens. And yes, I realize I should probably do a better job of heeding my own advice.
While I don't agree with the practice of self proclaimed "scambusters" running around telling people to respect their authoritah, or the practice in general, because IMO it is minimally effective and often counter productive (scammers return in minutes, honest users caught in it probably never return), out of all the people engaging in a proactive attempt to stop scammers you would seem to be the only one that really honors the standards they claim to keep. IMO you are quite responsible about how you leave trust in the vast majority of cases.

Can't please everybody, and if you try you'll just end up pleasing nobody.
What I don't think staff realize is that their iron fisted punishments for the general public, and their general silence when someone in their clique breaks the rules, sews a lot of malcontent and erodes their own authority. When those in charge do not follow rule of law, no one respects rule of law any more, and what has been happening around here lately is a symptom of that.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 09:48:53 AM

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 09:52:39 AM

OK we get it.

Default trust list members are held to rigorously high standards and promptly removed if they abuse their position.

Unless their name is Vod.

/thread

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 10:22:42 AM

Yep, everything is a joke or a "conspiracy" when it comes to those in power here being accountable, yet when some one else breaks the rules...

In reality this is not at all a joke. People spend YEARS of effort to build reputations in this community, and the staff and their protected minions just exploit the honest practices of these users by using their reputation as leverage to shut them up for pointing this out.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 10:36:38 AM

Cliché.png

Yep, everything is a joke or a "conspiracy" when it comes to those in power here being accountable, yet when some one else breaks the rules...

In fairness to BadBear, I understand why he'd want to deflect rather than respond to this post, in which I politely cut him a couple of new assholes:

Vod is just being a dick, not making an honest accusation that he could reasonably believe to be true.

So are you to be fair. You troll a lot, this looks like more of the same. Do you feel that you can leave Vod feedback, but he isn't allowed to do the same?

To be fair, I'm not on the default trust list.  Nor did I make a dishonest accusation that I could not reasonably believe to be true.

The point was made (and enforced) in the TECSHARE imbroglio that default trust list members are held to a much higher standard than Joe Sixpost.

If Vod wasn't on the default trust list, I wouldn't GAS about his feedback.

Also, I've removed the feedback to which he originally objected.  At the time I left it, I wasn't aware TECSHARE had been removed from default trust.

And yes, I troll a lot.  But that's all in good fun, and I don't make irrefutable weasel accusations like "possibly hacked account" from a position of authority.

Plus, at least one other person who does not troll a lot (Quickseller) has stated that he finds Vod's behavior reprehensible and unacceptable.

Thanks for looking into this matter.  Please reconsider your opinion, minus the false equivalence and ad hom.   Smiley

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████