Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:53:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No Transaction Fee, No Confirmations?  (Read 717 times)
thionine (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 03:04:04 AM

So ive been wondering for a while, if i were to send lets say 500 transactions to the smallest probability bet on SatoshiDice individually with a php script or some such method and for the sake of saving what amounts to a fair percent of the money sent, didnt include a transaction fee on any of them, would they ever get included in the blockchain? or would they float around until someone decided to accept them into a block they've mined? If so, how long would that typically take and what would be the outcome if i included a miniscule fee instead (.00001 or some such number)?

Thanks a bunch,

Thionine

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 03:08:14 AM

would they ever get included in the blockchain? or would they float around until someone decided to accept them into a block they've mined?

that's the same thing (1 question asked 2 different ways)

i'm going to take a complete guess: ~10 days without tx fees, ~3 days with them.
thionine (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 03:13:56 AM

would they ever get included in the blockchain? or would they float around until someone decided to accept them into a block they've mined?

i'm going to take a complete guess: ~10 days without tx fees, ~3 days with them.

I guess it is. and the 'with them' you are refering to is with the miscule fee?
payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 03:24:03 AM

I guess it is. and the 'with them' you are refering to is with the miscule fee?

yeah, if you put a standard 0.0005 fee, they might go through in 24 hours... no guarantees though... tiny amounts are slow.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: