Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:08:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My SP20 review..  (Read 1001 times)
GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 11:50:49 PM

This review is gonna be simple, just gonna notate some things that impress me and other things it falls a bit short.

First of all, its been running a good 24hrs, this is one impressive miner!

Its amazing that you can specify a maximum wattage consumption per board (4 boards) and it will adjust clocks / volts over time to stay under that limit, it even takes environmental conditions into account such as temperature to keep the ASIC's happy. If you dont wanna limit their power consumption, u can set the power consumption really high and control them via a voltage range.
Also, you can let it 'autolearn' your PSU's limits, Im not sure how this is achieved, it doesnt seem to know what my PSU is to begin with... supposedly it can figure what some PSU's are... Im kinda afraid to try it rofl!
But, if it was as sophisticated as measuring ripple over wattage increase or some other electrical thing that takes place when PSU's hit their max... that would be impressive!

The ASIC status is one of the more impressive ones Ive seen, it shows wattage per board, per ASIC chip, VRM consumption. It shows amperage per ASIC.

The fan is statically set at a speed by the user, temp limits out of the box are statically set, they can be adjusted through console. Basically this is one of those devices where u set a fan speed and it does the rest to keep the ASIC's in check.

It also features over the web firmware upgrades - I upgraded mine w/o a hitch, and some added features include extranonce subscribe support, for those of u who rent over at NH / WH =)

I think the myminer.io central control of miners on ur local subnet is pretty awesome. Im gonna assume this is how it works: the miner kinda acts like a teamviewer client, it reports to a central server very basic info like model, local ip, firmware and a bit of other stuff. So, if u have a huge farm ... u can easily get into their interfaces by just going to that website without having to try to dig around in ur firewall for the miners ip.
I believe its similar to bitmains recent remote control feature of the S5 (I forget its name).

I run mine around 1.5TH just because its very effecient, approaches .62w/GH @ wall @ 120v AC
I went as low as 1.4TH and iirc was .56w/GH @ wall
Tests done on GOLD PSU

Some of its downfalls, there arent many...
Im not sure where to find its actual HW% since that stat is not exposed obviously in their ASIC stats page or in cgminer's API.... if someone knows, that would be great =)
Fan noise, unless u run these severely underclocked, they wont work well as a living room miner. But I believe their is a fan silence mod u can do to them...somewhere on the forums...

That about sums it up! Overall extremely impressed!

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 12:12:36 AM

Im not sure where to find its actual HW% since that stat is not exposed obviously in their ASIC stats page or in cgminer's API.... if someone knows, that would be great =)
Fan noise, unless u run these severely underclocked, they wont work well as a living room miner. But I believe their is a fan silence mod u can do to them...somewhere on the forums...

HW errors is output in the API when I query it remotel but it reports zero.. maybe its just that zero. Would make a nice change Smiley

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 12:39:09 AM

HW errors is output in the API when I query it remotel but it reports zero.. maybe its just that zero. Would make a nice change Smiley
I doubt its 0, thats just cgminer's default HW reporting field, my avy3 module didnt report its errors to this field either, it reported it in a custom field.
If you go to asic stats page on the miner itself, u can see it counting HW errors, but theres no HW error total stat, from what I can tell anyways...

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 01:05:29 AM

I doubt its 0, thats just cgminer's default HW reporting field, my avy3 module didnt report its errors to this field either, it reported it in a custom field.
If you go to asic stats page on the miner itself, u can see it counting HW errors, but theres no HW error total stat, from what I can tell anyways...

Damn new it was too good to be true Cheesy

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 05:27:56 AM

Thank you for the intresting review.

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
zvisha

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 08:56:04 AM

Search "hw-err:" in "ASIC stats" page Smiley
GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 08:16:07 PM

Search "hw-err:" in "ASIC stats" page Smiley

hrm... I did, it shows 0 ... thats a total runtime error stat??!?!?! how is 0 possible?! Ive never had an ASIC be truely 0% unless it was a severely underclocked S1 LOL!
What does this stat refer to then? I assumed it had something to do w/ rolling hw rates ... (sw:3, hw:3)!

but nonetheless if hw-err:0 is indeed true, then Im even more impressed w/ this miner now!

Also, what does BIST refer too and what does bist-fail mean? I see bist listed all over the place lol

zvisha

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 07:37:10 AM

Built In Self Test. It is ran periodically to set asic rate and freq.

Regarding hw errors,  there is no design goal to keep it 0. If it is 0 the miner might be running very safe rate and it might not be optimal in every configuration.  We usually have hw error every 10 minutes or so, but it depends on configuration.
GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 06:42:43 PM

Built In Self Test. It is ran periodically to set asic rate and freq.

Regarding hw errors,  there is no design goal to keep it 0. If it is 0 the miner might be running very safe rate and it might not be optimal in every configuration.  We usually have hw error every 10 minutes or so, but it depends on configuration.

Hrm... well maybe there is a bug or my hardware is perfect...haha!
I run mine at 1450GH, .699v max ... 210w max each 'board'

Duce

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 08:08:52 PM

I have 43 hardware errors on one unit that has been running for over 3 days now and 0 on another that has been up for over 2 days. My minors restart on their own when they determine there is a problem. I like this feature since I can just let them run without having to continually monitor them.
GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 09:16:38 PM

I have 43 hardware errors on one unit that has been running for over 3 days now and 0 on another that has been up for over 2 days. My minors restart on their own when they determine there is a problem. I like this feature since I can just let them run without having to continually monitor them.

Wow, thats incredible!

Duce

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 10:43:16 PM

Wow, thats incredible!
Both have the same settings and use they same type of PS. These have been set and forget for me. Check out the stats:

mavericklm

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 10:47:39 PM

hw-err:0 System Uptime  1 day 23 hr 37 min 36 sec

Don't remember to have seen an error!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: