Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:19:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Consensus Bitcoin Price Predictions  (Read 1771 times)
runningfree

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 06:39:24 PM

For many people, the price of Bitcoin is really important. I believe the main focus should be on the fact that Bitcoin continues to become a mainstream player and method of payment. After all, there is plenty of money to be made with the trading of bitcoins, whether the price is high or not.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LucidChaos (OP)

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 06:49:28 PM

No general consensus, only the two parties in the last trade did consent. Edit: Actually, the buyer valued the bitcoins higher than the last price, and the seller valued it lower.

Some of the supply and demand curves you can see in the order books on the bourses. The rest of the aggregated demand and supply is in the heads of the market actors, which are all of humanity.

This is general market dynamics, everybody should learn to understand the market.

Currently, people discovering bitcoin and valuate it at a higher price than the last trade, are important for us.
You're the 3rd person to post a generic statement about how the market price is already a consensus, without actually reading the thread or looking at the link. This is about predicting the future price, that's what the link in the OP is for. I just changed the thread title to make it more clear, my mistake if it confusing.

Ok (except I disagree about the consensus). Still, you could say that there is a market for the price in one year in the future minus the current interest rate for that future year interval, and that market is expressed by last price and the order book and the unexpressed valuation vectors (volume@price) that exists in the heads of the actors. A generalization too. If you just want a number, I would say 20x current price in one year. Obvously there is no consensus, what what we can say is that if someone expects a price lower than now, it would not be rational for that person to own bitcoins now.
An app is not helpful.

It's not necessarily limited to people who own and/or trade bitcoin. You can have an overall consensus including anyone who has a prediction, which would serve more as a general sentiment and less of a technical indicator. Just a different sort of measure, it's not about being right or wrong.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 11:36:40 PM

My SWAG for 2015:

- high of $7669.69
- trough after that of $669.00

End of year? somewhere between.

Yes, you have my permission to point and laugh. But not until the year is up.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
LucidChaos (OP)

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 03:08:38 PM

Update: consensus predictions are rising if you check that link in OP
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 11:42:16 PM

Halfway through (Jan 08 - July 08). Who's hedging their bets?

I'm, like, sticking to mine. Because we just don't know, now, do we?

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
iam_aayushiJ

Activity: 190
Merit: 15

Customer Support at https://coinswitch.co/

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 10:40:29 AM

As the market is experiencing volatile conditions, we should back up the prediction with the market experts, who have been the mind and heart of the cryptocurrency market.Ronnie Moas, a cryptocurrency analyst predicted that BTC might reach $28,000 by 2019. He believes the demand for BTC would increase with its decreasing supply. He made it somewhat clear that by 2019, the adoption rate would increase and hence people would demand more of it. We must remember that BTC is not unlimited in supply.

🅲🅾🅸🅽🆂🆆🅸🆃🅲🅷 SCAM 🅴🆇🅲🅷🅰🅽🅶🅴
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 11:29:40 AM

will they take a part in the loss if their prediction is wrong?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: