Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 08:23:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Bitcoin have AIDS?  (Read 5302 times)
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 03:28:29 AM

The difference between gold and BTC is that when gold becomes unprofitable to mine, miners stop and supply stops. When BTC becomes unprofitable to mine.. some miners stop but supply keeps on coming.

the outlook for BTC is grim over the next 6-10 years as reward is so high. Once reward is negligible is when BTC has a chance to go up again.

Which will kill the industry entirely. A switch to a less inflationary coin is inevitable to not let cryptocurrency as a whole die. Bitcoin drags all coins down, it's unbearable.

jsgayo

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 07:09:36 AM

If more people are willing to hold bitcoins, currency inconvertibility into law, perhaps this problem will be solved.

altcoin hitler

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 07:36:44 AM

If more people are willing to hold bitcoins, currency inconvertibility into law, perhaps this problem will be solved.

lol. "Inconvertible currency". Nobody wants that or can even say what the value is. It's not even possible to make it inconvertible because it always will be.

That one stupid idea man. Incredible! Where did you get that from?

King of the real Bitcoin Foundation https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=934517.0
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 01:15:55 PM

How do you know how much a used dining table is worth on craigslist? You try a price, hmmm, it's not that nice, $50 say... and if you get a buyer, that's what it's worth, and also establishes that a dollar is worth 1/50 of that dining table...

Same thing if BTC got completely disconnected from dollar valuation, which could actually happen in the situation where BTC is hugely successful and the dollar goes into crash/hyperinflation.

As more transactions are done for more of the same thing, one can get an idea of what BTC is worth in goods, or goods in BTC. "needs TLC" dining table 0.001 BTC, "okay" dining table 0.007 BTC, "classy, like new, oak and hardwood veneer" dining table, 0.03

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
mistercoin
Legendary

Activity: 1044
Merit: 1000

https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 03:23:54 PM

All I can think about when I seen this post title, is south park and the AIDS song "Everyone has AIDS! AIDSAIDSAIDSAIDS!"

Flashman

Hodl!

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 04:00:38 PM

All I can think about when I seen this post title, is south park and the AIDS song "Everyone has AIDS! AIDSAIDSAIDSAIDS!"

Finally! I was waiting, and waiting...

I was getting into an internal rant about "Don't these dumb punk kids watch South Park any more? Kids today and their damn transistor radios, get off my lawn!"

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 1373

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 04:15:40 PM

High hash needs to be paid for.
Bitcoin has good hash but keeps going down because that hash needs to be paid.
When you buy gold you do not pay a constant tax to the miners after initial purchase.
Bitcoin is different. Here you pay after purchase a tax to miners of 10% of its value this year.

Can it be cured with speeding up blocktimes or does it need to fork to faster rewarddecrease?
Obviously satoshi was afraid of attackers. He did not think of a whole army of altcoins which could jump in and back it up.
He did not think of the possibility to share hash with other coins.
What sense does a mega-high hashrate make when it is this expensive and makes the coin useless to store value?
Are the fears which would make such high and expensive hashrate necessary still justified in 2015?

Here is my question:
Does Bitcoin have aids? Can it be cured? How?

It can be cured just like it is being cured. Stop using Bitcoin until the miners learn to live off what they get. Supply and demand. If people stop using Bitcoin, miners will stop mining, small folk will get into mining the old way because the difficulty will fall, and things will be like they used to be. Then it will start all over again.

Does Bitcoin have AIDS? No. Only BANDAIDS, until it heals itself.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
Muuurrrrica!

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 07:36:16 PM

more like Haemophilia
slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 09:05:09 PM

FFS people... aids is not REAL!
The same people who sold you your banking system, are the same people who gave you aids.
google how much money is spend to "find a cure" for aids
it's sick
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 09:14:34 PM

FFS people... aids is not REAL!
The same people who sold you your banking system, are the same people who gave you aids.
google how much money is spend to "find a cure" for aids
it's sick

Eazy E died of aids though

deine mudder

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 05:39:55 AM

It's ebola, god damn' people!

Where did all the permabulltards and nutty bitcoin-pumpers go?

Preaching world domination with their inflationary currency elsewhere?
insidertradingeverywhere

Activity: 468
Merit: 100

The world’s first Play, Learn and Earn

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 01:04:48 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2015, 01:26:06 PM by insidertradingeverywhere

want to leave reference here to a moved thread of mine about the same topic taken one step further:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=919497.0

OP calls it 'high mining costs' and 'inflation', i call it straight forward: 'decay'

Pecunia non olet

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 09:44:55 PM

Got to drop off this link here about a hardfork in bitcoin. Hilarious.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=919629.0

Stick in the fork already! We're sick of this coin and most of its bagholders and their attitude!

Kamhur

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 09:46:56 PM

Got to drop off this link here about a hardfork in bitcoin. Hilarious.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=919629.0

Stick in the fork already! We're sick of this coin and most of its bagholders and their attitude!

enkel tere salam almadra
Pecunia non olet

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 09:50:42 PM

This bitcoin-fascism is some annoying shit, i can tell you that.

Flush it down the toilet. Start again!

Flashman

Hodl!

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 10:27:19 PM

Chill, take a deep breath of radon..... oh don't tell me you're one of those air fascists.

Pecunia non olet

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 12:14:16 AM

Chill, take a deep breath of radon..... oh don't tell me you're one of those air fascists.

air is ok, i need to get some. Coins is too much for me to take. I need to take a break, seriously.

Realpra

Activity: 815

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 12:59:00 AM

Well Satoshi had to make the first coins somehow.

I think he messed up and made the period too long, I think something like 80-90% should have been released by now and then the rest slowly over 10 years.

Still its not that bad. we are at ~10% inflation now then January 1 2018 its less than 4.5% then early 2022 less than 1.8%. So stable value in 3 years compared to fiat and deflation compared to fiat starting in 7 years.
In 20 years BTC inflation is pretty much flat and a yearly deflation of ~3% in value can be expected on top of whatever adoption gives. The 3% percent is based on the natural growth rate of human economic systems, with a stable currency all that growth increases total currency value.

Also we are rewarding technical people building data centers and Asic manufacturers. Sure its kinda wasted right now, but perhaps the technology and skills built in the process is not useless.
Compare to who fiat rewards inflation to:
Banker borrows newly printed money at 0.5-0% interest in national bank, lends it to government as bonds at 5-7% - sits back and enjoys his free cocaine and hookers.

Cheap and sexy Bitcoin card/hardware wallet, buy here:
http://BlochsTech.com
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 07:26:12 PM

Well Satoshi had to make the first coins somehow.

I think he messed up and made the period too long, I think something like 80-90% should have been released by now and then the rest slowly over 10 years.

A lot of newbies like me would have missed out, if most of bitcoins had been mined by now.
ViciousPlayer

Activity: 48

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 07:36:40 PM

High hash needs to be paid for.
Bitcoin has good hash but keeps going down because that hash needs to be paid.
When you buy gold you do not pay a constant tax to the miners after initial purchase.
Bitcoin is different. Here you pay after purchase a tax to miners of 10% of its value this year.

Can it be cured with speeding up blocktimes or does it need to fork to faster rewarddecrease?
Obviously satoshi was afraid of attackers. He did not think of a whole army of altcoins which could jump in and back it up.
He did not think of the possibility to share hash with other coins.
What sense does a mega-high hashrate make when it is this expensive and makes the coin useless to store value?
Are the fears which would make such high and expensive hashrate necessary still justified in 2015?

Here is my question:
Does Bitcoin have aids? Can it be cured? How?

Bitcoin doesn't have AIDS, probably not yet, but it could very well be carrying HIV, the virus that can result in AIDS. I don't really notice a hash reduction. Look back some years back and the hash was much lower. More and more are getting into mining and the hashrate will tend upwards. There are upswings and downswings, but major swings will go up.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: