Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 03:12:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin goods/services need to be more accessible  (Read 1535 times)
sir murray (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2011, 01:58:18 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2011, 09:26:48 PM by sir murray

At the very least, there should be one unifying site that aggregates legit bitcoin merchants and makes browsing through options easier. Not enough people actually buy shit with bitcoins.

Should be leveraging an aesthetic web interface and social networks, AND the fact that you can actually trade BTC for currency.

For example I should be able to google "bitcoin", easily find a site where services are available(local services are searchable), I can buy stuff online for BTC, I can sell stuff ebay style for BTC, I have a btc wallet integrated into the site, auto trade option of Mt gox RIGHT THERE in the account settings, which sends funds to a dwolla account, I can mine bitcoins with browser, whatever.

The entire use of bitcoins as a currency needs to be made much more simple. Using bitcoins needs to become a "no brainer".

What this will ultimately require to be effective is people willing to offer their own talents for BTC, and selling surplus items of value for BTC and them all agreeing to more or less be doing it at one website. Maybe another tor website for black market use. The black market is an important one. Selling things like sex, guns, and drugs, while being morally questionable, adds great value and stability to the bitcoin market, because anonymity(along with security) is something actually really valuable about bitcoins.  

I personally want to add as much value as possible to the usage of bitcoins. Getting lots of people to trade with bitcoins is clearly only way to give the use of bitcoins value. As a community, we basically just need to decide that they are worth something, and start working for them, trading valuable items for them, and make it easy for others join in and do the same.

Anyone who puts together such a site will probably get a lot of BTC donations.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2011, 02:48:24 AM

Go ahead, you can do it, you have my permission.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
lulzplzkthx

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2011, 02:57:24 AM

Go ahead, you can do it, you have my permission.
+1, haha.

Feel free to tell eBay to accept Bitcoin. I don't mind.

benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2011, 05:34:21 AM

I've had the same thought over the past few days.  This marketplace is a mess, but it would take me a month to build anything better.

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
DATA COMMANDER

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2011, 08:25:48 PM

Hopefully some entrepreneur out there is working on precisely this.

Tips are appreciated (very tiny tips are perfectly okay!) 13gDRynPfLH3NNAz3nVyU3k3mYVcfeiQuF
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2011, 08:43:01 PM

Well, somebody (with PHP skills at least) want co-op in finish a project I've somewhat "hanging around" for about a month?
It's called bcommerce and it's an ebay-like site able to buy and sell (you can actually create an ad to sell carrots or an ad to buy carrots).

If nobody is on, well... wait one more month or so and I'll be on it again.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Noviz

Activity: 129

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2011, 08:55:55 PM

This website may be of interest to you:
http://www.bitcoinsreview.com/

It kind of does what you are wanting. Basically it will list all places where you can use Bitcoins for goods or services. User-reviews will show you whether the site is legitimate or not. It's still in it's infancy, just need to get a good user base.

There is a forum post here:
http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=9245.0

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
sir murray (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2011, 09:32:41 PM

Hopefully some entrepreneur out there is working on precisely this.
I've had the same thought over the past few days.  This marketplace is a mess, but it would take me a month to build anything better.
Well, somebody (with PHP skills at least) want co-op in finish a project I've somewhat "hanging around" for about a month?
It's called bcommerce and it's an ebay-like site able to buy and sell (you can actually create an ad to sell carrots or an ad to buy carrots).

If nobody is on, well... wait one more month or so and I'll be on it again.

As long as people are actually working on things, good. Bitcoin NEEDS this kind of backing and attention or it will fail, no question.

This website may be of interest to you:
http://www.bitcoinsreview.com/

It kind of does what you are wanting. Basically it will list all places where you can use Bitcoins for goods or services. User-reviews will show you whether the site is legitimate or not. It's still in it's infancy, just need to get a good user base.

There is a forum post here:
http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=9245.0

This is a step in the right direction. Please, ask for as much help as possible for your project. I do not think there are any other sites as well put-together for this purpose as this one.
Noviz

Activity: 129

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2011, 02:38:03 AM

This is a step in the right direction. Please, ask for as much help as possible for your project. I do not think there are any other sites as well put-together for this purpose as this one.

Thanks mate. Starting to get a few submissions now which is nice. I'll try and spread the word as much as possible but if you could also tell your associates about the site it would be greatfully appreciated... afterall it is benefiticial to the Bitcoin consumer and merchant community that we get this site going.

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2011, 02:54:03 AM

This has been on my mind, as well. I think I'll do an overhaul on my bitcoin bazaar site and re-release.

Still around.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: