Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:23:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Stamp the culprit?  (Read 5067 times)
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 04:33:00 AM

I'm on max zoom out all the way to 2009!!!

I'm only zooming out 2 years long after I got in:
change: +1904.90%

Good for you! Everyone who bought in 2014 is down right now!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 04:38:12 AM

I'm on max zoom out all the way to 2009!!!

I'm only zooming out 2 years long after I got in:
change: +1904.90%

Good for you! Everyone who bought in 2014 is down right now!
You can cherry pick arbitrary timelines, but Bitcoin isn't a per annum.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Pecunia non olet

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 04:40:11 AM

Dude, longest bearmarket in bitcoin history and the master-trend on logarythmic scale since 2009 is broken.
Just get it: there is no exponential growth here. Could very well dump back to 100$ or less.

Morecoin Freeman

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

Legendary trader

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 04:43:34 AM

Dude, longest bearmarket in bitcoin history and the master-trend on logarythmic scale since 2009 is broken.
Just get it: there is no exponential growth here. Could very well dump back to 100$ or less.
Why are you still trying to convince others of your opinions? To each their own. I, for one, think you are retarded.

Ask the stranger he knows who you really are.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 04:44:00 AM

Just get it: there is no exponential growth here. Could very well dump back to 100$
OK so you admit to believing in superstitious trends. Good for you. I don't share your faith. I believe in technology and human foibles. Fear may have the upper hand at the moment, but greed and technology ALWAYS win.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Pecunia non olet

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 04:48:27 AM

Just get it: there is no exponential growth here. Could very well dump back to 100$
OK so you admit to believing in superstitious trends. Good for you. I don't share your faith. I believe in technology and human foibles. Fear may have the upper hand at the moment, but greed and technology ALWAYS win.

Few days ago this trendline was your main marketing-pitch now it's 'supersticious'. lmao! Everyone is full of it.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 04:55:54 AM

Few days ago this trendline was your main marketing-pitch now it's 'supersticious'. lmao!
It's a general rule of thumb, not a scientific model. I don't see it as 'broken' because anomalous events happen. The exponential trendline is a generalization to the adoption of technologies, not a day trading tool. Even if it drops to $100, that will only change the distribution, not the technology. Personally, I would like to see an altcoin take point for awhile so I can laugh at their failure to secure every aspect of financial transactions.

Pecunia non olet

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 04:58:20 AM

Few days ago this trendline was your main marketing-pitch now it's 'supersticious'. lmao!
It's a general rule of thumb, not a scientific model. I don't see it as 'broken' because anomalous events happen. The exponential trendline is a generalization to the adoption of technologies, not a day trading tool. Even if it drops to $100, that will only change the distribution, not the technology. Personally, I would like to see an altcoin take point for awhile so I can laugh at their failure to secure every aspect of financial transactions.

The alt that takes over will be an advanced clone of bitcoin with less inflation. You're not going to laugh so much because once it surpasses bitcoin that's it for the ole BTC.

Jammalan the Prophet

Activity: 500
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 05:01:59 AM

I think bitcoin is dying slowly.

Because it's less than a third of its top price? Years ago it dropped to a sixteenth of its top price and it's still going strong.

the difference then was that people only lost a few millions on that value , not where talking billions.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 05:03:22 AM

The alt that takes over will be an advanced clone of bitcoin with less inflation. You're not going to laugh so much because once it surpasses bitcoin that's it for the ole BTC.
Pick a coin and I will tell you how it will fail.

Pecunia non olet

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 05:04:38 AM

the volatility is ridiculous!

Just wait. Bitcoin already failed. Alts going to boom this year.

What about IXC for example? Or Quark? Just two possible examples.
If its not them it'll be another one.
There's enough different approaches now. I lost faith in inflation-coins.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 05:08:09 AM

The alt that takes over will be an advanced clone of bitcoin with less inflation.

Less inflation, so how will it be distributed? Nobody will have any coin to spend. Merchants will have to wait many years for distribution. Or you premine and we already know how that fails.

Pecunia non olet

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 05:09:19 AM

The alt that takes over will be an advanced clone of bitcoin with less inflation.

Less inflation, so how will it be distributed? Nobody will have any coin to spend. Merchants will have to wait many years for distribution. Or you premine and we already know how that fails.

Distribution already happened. These coins are all around for years now. They are dirt cheap. This is pretty much the last chance to accumulate some of them on ground floor.

Jammalan the Prophet

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 05:10:37 AM

the volatility is ridiculous!

Just wait. Bitcoin already failed. Alts going to boom this year.

What about IXC for example? Or Quark? Just two possible examples.
If its not them it'll be another one.
There's enough different approaches now. I lost faith in inflation-coins.

Quak?  Are you f**** serious?
Who are your , kermit the frog?
Pecunia non olet

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 05:13:21 AM

Quak?  Are you f**** serious?

lol, no i'm not Max  Kiss

Was just an example. I will not tell you all good coins, no worries.

QRK is rising nicely though.

Jammalan the Prophet

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 05:18:22 AM

yeah , nicely ...from losing 30000% against btc , right?
with kolin on board , to the moon
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 05:18:31 AM

Distribution already happened. These coins are all around for years now. They are dirt cheap. This is pretty much the last chance to accumulate some of them on ground floor.
The same for Bitcoin. No advantage there. IXC and Quark have a very small user base. You can premine a coin and do the same thing. You can pay the top 5 mining pools to MM your clone and be off and running.

Pecunia non olet

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 05:19:59 AM

The same for Bitcoin. No advantage there. IXC and Quark have a very small user base. You can premine a coin and do the same thing. You can pay the top 5 mining pools to MM your clone and be off and running.

Well bitcoin has its own problems. No difference there. When it started almost nobody was around and it had a very small userbase too. So that's no argument there. In fact these coins have a larger userbase than bitcoin had when it started.

If you don't like Ix take Ioc

I think the market will decide what's good and what's not. Maybe merged mined coins with btc aren't even interesting.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 05:28:13 AM

Well bitcoin has its own problems. No difference there. When it started almost nobody was around and it had a very small userbase too. So that's no argument there. In fact these coins have a larger userbase than bitcoin had when it started.

If you don't like Ix take Ioc

I think the market will decide what's good and what's not.
That's what I'm saying. They don't offer anything Bitcoin doesn't have now and that's why they failed and became pump and dump bait. That's why Bitcoin is still big daddy.

To get beck to your market analysis, it seems that almost everything is down investment-wise. January and August are usually bad months anyway.

Pecunia non olet

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 05:29:01 AM

yeah , nicely ...from losing 30000% against btc , right?
with kolin on board , to the moon

Quark is still up 10-fold from his pre-bubble-value. It rose many hundred fold and was much more stable and found it's floor much sooner than bitcoin.
It's all how you look at it. How can something loose 30000%? You're not even making sense.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: