Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 04:04:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is your favorite altcoin exchange and why?
Bittrex
C-CEX
Coin-Swap
EmpoEX
Poloniex
Cryptsy
Bleutrade
BTER

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite altcoin exchange?  (Read 2924 times)
Rantzbitz

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

R.M.H. Ether 2013

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 11:09:07 PM

Before you cast your vote. Please consider take the TRUST factor into consideration when choosing. Which of these exchanges has BUILT trust with their users. Its hard for a new exchange to even be taken seriously with the amount of hacks that go on. And also.. please don't say the exchange is the best cause they list every shitcoin that is released. Shitcoins take money out of markets and put it into the pockets of thieves at times and that thief is usually the Exchange itself. Vote with your heart and not your head Wink

CANADIAN Bitcoin Exchange QuadrigaCX - Bitcoin(XBT) - $CAN - $USD - Gold http://www.quadrigacx.com/?ref=g7p1fslfyxyerkukgqltlsse
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 11:09:17 PM

Sorry, I'm a bit confused. What's that coin exactly?

just another ico Wink

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
KeyserSozeMC (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 11:10:20 PM

So we add bittrex in the same pot? Cheesy

Before you cast your vote. Please consider take the TRUST factor into consideration when choosing. Which of these exchanges has BUILT trust with their users. Its hard for a new exchange to even be taken seriously with the amount of hacks that go on. And also.. please don't say the exchange is the best cause they list every shitcoin that is released. Shitcoins take money out of markets and put it into the pockets of thieves at times and that thief is usually the Exchange itself. Vote with your heart and not your head Wink

Good point there.

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
Rantzbitz

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

R.M.H. Ether 2013

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 11:11:27 PM

Cryptsy. Only Altcoin Exchange in the US thats compliant MSB. USD Markets make it a one stop shop.

You sure about that statement  Undecided
Just because an exchange is registered does not make them "Compliant"

CANADIAN Bitcoin Exchange QuadrigaCX - Bitcoin(XBT) - $CAN - $USD - Gold http://www.quadrigacx.com/?ref=g7p1fslfyxyerkukgqltlsse
KeyserSozeMC (OP)

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 11:11:48 PM

Cryptsy. Only Altcoin Exchange in the US thats compliant MSB. USD Markets make it a one stop shop.

You sure about that statement  Undecided
Don't forget their mining contracts too.

spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 11:12:39 PM

You're so wrong my friend. Smiley That is far from just another ICO. I told them that this is the most impudent scam since LFTC (who wanted 15k BTC and their ICO also was on C-Cex). Good thing is that they didn't gathered any BTC and their last option was to actually run the coin. Smiley I will never trade on C-Cex...

thisisascam

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 11:16:43 PM

You're so wrong my friend. Smiley That is far from just another ICO. I told them that this is the most impudent scam since LFTC (who wanted 15k BTC and their ICO also was on C-Cex). Good thing is that they didn't gathered any BTC and their last option was to actually run the coin. Smiley I will never trade on C-Cex...
ccex is a scam they host their own icos there and dump on people.seen that many times
KeyserSozeMC (OP)

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 11:18:50 PM

ccex is a scam they host their own icos there and dump on people.seen that many times
Guys, you need to show proof for anything. Do not blame exchanges for being greedy and list ICOs. I assume you'd be doing the same thing.

sofu
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1085

Degenerate Crypto Gambler

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 11:22:22 PM

This exchange will be big  Wink

http://www.coindesk.com/ice3x-launches-nigerias-first-bitcoin-exchange/

spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 11:23:00 PM

Guys, you need to show proof for anything. Do not blame exchanges for being greedy and list ICOs. I assume you'd be doing the same thing.

I don't have to prove anything, because I just expressed opinion (which is right most of the times). Thinking that I will eventually act as them is like an insult to me. I am not that kind of person!

KeyserSozeMC (OP)

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 11:23:28 PM

Hope that's not the prince, opening an exchange, lol

esotericizm

Activity: 750

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 11:27:47 PM

Poloniex is my favourite as I feel they do their due diligence when adding coins and are just all around trustworthy and quick to reply to support tickets, they were also very quick to reimburse users after they were hacked last year . Cryptsy would be my second as they offer a huge amount of choice and have a great API and features but they loose out because deposits/withdrawals can often be slow and support can sometimes be non-existent.

Bittrex started out strong and had a good relationship with the community but I get the general feeling that they are for more about earning their money than supporting cryptocurrency as a whole nowdays.  

I haven't done any trades on EmpoEX but it looks like its worth checking out.

The others dont really rate imo exluding maybe BTER but I'd use polo/cryptsy over them anyway.
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 11:31:32 PM

Poloniex is my favourite as I feel they do their due diligence when adding coins and are just all around trustworthy and quick to reply to support tickets, they were also very quick to reimburse users after they were hacked last year . Cryptsy would be my second as they offer a huge amount of choice and have a great API and features but they loose out because deposits/withdrawals can often be slow and support can sometimes be non-existent.

Bittrex started out strong and had a good relationship with the community but I get the general feeling that they are for more about earning their money than supporting cryptocurrency as a whole nowdays.  

I haven't done any trades on EmpoEX but it looks like its worth checking out.

The others dont really rate imo exluding maybe BTER but I'd use polo/cryptsy over them anyway.

I like Poloniex too, but I voted for EmpoEx, because they are really nice guys and deserve support.

pureelite

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 11:32:11 PM

poloniex is the best!

its one of the fastest and easiest exchanges i have used!!
dan_and_shan

Activity: 433

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 11:38:14 PM

POLOniex is number 1 hands down,

After the 97BTC hack,early last year,everyone was paid back,and security was ramped up.

Always a mod or admin in the trollbox to keep the piece and help with any problems you have.

I trade at cryptsy and shiprex when i have to, but hold all my coin on POLO.

Don't take life too serious, No one gets out alive Wink
HKBvM

Activity: 398

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 11:50:01 PM

Bittrex: I trade there quite often. Never had any bigger tech problems, though I dont like them for adding every new shitcoin, plus all the scammy ICOs. On the other hand shitcoins and scammy ICOs has been 90% of the altcoin scene lately, so I can understand them. Very slow support for me (>48h all three times I needed it).

c-cex: reminds me of bittrex back in may or so when a coin was going like bittrex->polo->mintpal. More ICOs. Trade there sporadically. Chatbox looks like a bunch of clueless 16 year olds that arent even funny but just plain dumb.

polo: favourite exchange, great new interface, great trollbox which is actually worth following from time to time. I like how they handled the hack back in march. According to the trollbox some have tech problems, pretty much never happened to me and I trade there every day. Very helpfull/friendly/funny mods.

cryptsy: I just cant get used to the interface, feels terribly dated, but thats just me. Surprisingly for me the support has been lightning-fast whenever I needed it (somtimes less than an hour), contrarily to what can be read here again and again.

bter: Everything feels decent, support is ok if you use qq IM button, emails are often unanswered.
Jewell

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 01:30:53 AM

100% Poloniex
mexicantarget
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 01:31:06 AM

Bittrex: they have slow deposits, many times i put in some coins and they reached 6+ confirms and the site still said 2, one time i waited 55 mins for a transaction and it "mysteriously" showed up the second i asked about it in thier IRC, with them refusing my claim. thier charts often dont load either, rather annoying. they have buy/sell boxes on the opposite sides making it a confusion and non-standard. apart from that, trading there is ok
C-CEX: i dont know what it is about this site but i just dont like it one bit, only use it if i have to use it. the interface is sub standard in every way
Coin-Swap: never used it so cant comment
EmpoEX: used it a ocuple of times, it seems like a nice site but the lack of volume is a turnoff. deposits/withdraws were really fast, tradng felt nice too and the pick of styles is a nice touch
Poloniex: only used them a couple of times, no complaints, probably my favorite for hassle free
Cryptsy: where do i start? too much bad things to list, so not gonna bother
Bleutrade: never used so no coment
BTER: used once to buy archcoins, took me forever to find the coin on balances page, interface totally confusing. maybe its just me but i've avoided them since

i dont hve a favorite exchange, they all have issues and none are perfect, but if i had to pick... it would probably be poloniex. second best wouldbe empoex if they had the volume i would probably piock them over polo
CryptoTrout

Activity: 706

https://twitter.com/CryptoTrout

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 01:54:20 AM

historically bittrex but poloniex is nice and pretty now
ivan1975
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1168

View Profile