Step by step instructions for creating a secure multi-sig wallet

(1/1)

jon_smyth:
There are a lot of great resources online for securing bitcoin wallets, but I haven't found any that cover the entire process from setting up a clean OS, through wallet setup/use, to password and backup management. I put together some instructions below and would love any comments/feedback - particularly concerning any security issues I may have overlooked.

Thanks!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dO1vhGHPU1tOR76D1CQT1SS5wOm1NgS4uYtMQ-iWuWQ/edit?usp=sharing

odolvlobo:
The requirement that signers boot to an alternate OS in order to sign transactions makes it too cumbersome for general use.

jon_smyth:
Agreed!

On the spectrum of security <-> convenience, this workflow is definitely towards the security end. In reality I would use this as a slightly more convenient paper wallet - something as secure as possible while still being usable (if painfully so) on a day to day basis. For example: a wallet used to store corporate funds for purchases larger than what can be handled by "petty cash."

In reality a multi-sig hardware wallet (e.g. multi-sig support on a Trezor) will probably be a far better solution (secure as well as convenient) - but I'm looking for an option in the meantime.

Thanks for the comment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index