Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:26:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does someone uses cryptoxchange?are they legit?  (Read 1619 times)
vssa (OP)

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 08:16:24 PM

Does someone uses cryptoxchange?are they legit?
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 08:22:10 PM

I would like to think they are but it has taken them a week to get instructions on how to verify my account.
That doesn't exactly inspire confidence.  Of course I can't withdraw >$2,500 USD without verification.

If you plan to do any volume I would recommend getting verified, and bank accounts setup before depositing any BTC.
It might takes weeks.
vssa (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 08:47:12 PM

So why mt gox and other exchanges triding with them and it is got 3 largest volume of USD/BTC and first largest volume of AUD/BTC?
this is funny but i can't get a answer from them for 3 days. Huh
EuSouBitcoin

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 09:01:55 PM

So why mt gox and other exchanges triding with them and it is got 3 largest volume of USD/BTC and first largest volume of AUD/BTC?
this is funny but i can't get a answer from them for 3 days. Huh

CryptoXChange is 1st on the 30-day volume list of BTC/AUD at Bitcoincharts.com. However they are in 7th place on the 30-day volume list of BTC/USD exchanges shown at Bitcoincharts.com. USD deposit and withdrawal options for those in the US could be better IMHO.

You can't win if you don't play. But you can't play if you lose all your chips. First I found bitcoin (BTC). Then I found something better, Monero (XMR). See GetMonero.org
vssa (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 09:22:39 PM

Are the AUD/BTC exchange rate pushing BTC/USD price up? In the last week...
http://alturl.com/bksd6
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 09:29:17 PM

If you plan to do any volume I would recommend getting verified, and bank accounts setup before depositing any BTC.
It might takes weeks.

I honestly think this is good advice when dealing with any of the exchanges now - you just never know when their banks/payment processors are going to require enhanced KYC information on a customer or block transactions as suspicious.  If people understand upfront that they'll likely have to provide that information at some point and do so off the bat, they're less likely to have problems down the track although it means that setting up their accounts initially will take longer.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
coga

Activity: 222

www.btcbuy.info

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2012, 09:38:44 PM

I traded with CryptoX. They are legit, but I had following issues, that essentially made me drop them:

- Awful communication. It takes significant amount of time to get an answer using helpdesk system. Sometimes you get answer immediately after you post negative comment on Internet.
- Unexpected charges, especially when wiring funds.
- Untrue or misleading statements on the web site. "24/7 Live Chat Support" option - damn lie. Telephone numbers - nobody pick them up, and I did try actually calling them.
- Very sloppy API as well as web site. Nothing happens immediately once you click a button. I found it hard to tell if an order is accepted or not after I click on the button. Bugs. I might be unfair, but personally for me the web site looks extremely unreliable.

Unless there were drastic improvements lately, I would recommend BitFloor or Intersango instead. Both are reliable, and communication from BitFloor guy is so much better. He never kept any of my inquiries unanswered for more than a few hours.

GPG key: 6F8E305690A05365B58C50A
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 11:27:32 PM

Basically, after TradeHill went down and out of business, CryptoXchange was advertising up a storm and asking for everyone's business. Well, it looks like they got all or most of TH's business, along with all the headaches that someone with that transaction volume also gets. It's fairly obvious that they bit off more than they could chew.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
EnergyVampire

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 12:07:55 AM

Basically, after TradeHill went down and out of business, CryptoXchange was advertising up a storm and asking for everyone's business. Well, it looks like they got all or most of TH's business, along with all the headaches that someone with that transaction volume also gets. It's fairly obvious that they bit off more than they could chew.

Now that you mention this, I did notice a drop in customer service quality at CryptoXChange after the TradeHill mess.

Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2012, 02:08:17 AM

I'm happy with them  Grin
However things have been slow on occasion.

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
WME

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 06:19:10 AM

Does someone uses cryptoxchange?are they legit?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=85977.0
Chaz

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 03:22:59 PM

I use them for AUD/BTC trades because there are no fees if you deposit AUD$1000 or more, so I'm quite happy to trade with 100% of my deposit.  However the volume sucks and the sell asks are usually 5-10% above MtGox USD equivalent.  Customer service is non existent. Any questions go unanswered and my bank account has still not been verified.  However I can go to the bank and hand cash over the counter and have it show up in less than 2 hours at Crypto (by sending an image of the deposit slip).  So deposits are very fast, but anything else you can forget it. Also the website itself leaves a lot to be desired, very slow and buggy. 

1FsQJtY4vbvbkJj4Pd869rDcbFmu11RHge
drakahn

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 01:49:23 PM

I use them for AUD/BTC trades because there are no fees if you deposit AUD$1000 or more, so I'm quite happy to trade with 100% of my deposit.  However the volume sucks and the sell asks are usually 5-10% above MtGox USD equivalent.  Customer service is non existent. Any questions go unanswered and my bank account has still not been verified.  However I can go to the bank and hand cash over the counter and have it show up in less than 2 hours at Crypto (by sending an image of the deposit slip).  So deposits are very fast, but anything else you can forget it. Also the website itself leaves a lot to be desired, very slow and buggy. 

All of this + some deposits have shown up before i even scanned my deposit slip.

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 11:29:48 PM

I'm happy with them  Grin
However things have been slow on occasion.

This! I became tired of the site being so unresponsive and slow overall.

I assume the reason it doesn't tire to to pretend to be different people Atlas, is because your mental condition pushes you to do it in order to hide from your sad reality.

Oh well. Back to Wack-an-Atlas. *WACK*

opticbit

Activity: 695
Merit: 502

PGP: 6EBEBCE1E0507C38

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2012, 12:20:54 AM

I use them and have a small balance there.
I also use the referral program have send 100+ to them, 5 signed up, 2 have an active account.

http://www.cryptoxchange.com/?affiliateid=2726

Bitrated user: opticbit.
https://www.bitrated.com/opticbit
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 12:35:07 AM

I would point out they have resolved all my issues however the response time is lacking and the website seems to take an astonishingly long period of time for even simple tasks (like placing an order).
coin_toss

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 07:04:46 AM

their website is to cluttered and buggy for my liking, but they seem honest enough
LordGreynick

Activity: 127

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 02:30:49 PM

So when talking delays, how long?

I actually heard from mahingupta pretty quickly after i posted here and he was quite reliable and sorted my AML issues out.

What I would like is an exchange that doesn't hold people's money to ransom..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: