Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:03:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED]  (Read 4909 times)
AFarpa

Activity: 203
Merit: 11

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.”

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 08:53:52 PM

Like it ! Looks nice the design !
Well done !
that's amazing me the shadow-runner will creat

a coin. should i solo this coin? Grin

I think we will find fair way and everyone can try to mine this coin.  Smiley

We will make it together! Wink

Shadow_Runner (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 09:29:08 PM

Peace is a good thing and I do trust you are a good guy Shadow_Runner.
However, many coins get shipwrecked due to devs taking a hike. You mention the name Andrej, unfortunately he is not known as a coin dev, is he?
Is there any chance you can get a second dev aboard with a proven trackrecord so we can trust future PeaceBit development is safeguarded too?

No it's his first coin and mine.
I'm not "dev", I'm something like "idea creator" and team "face" on bitcointalk lol.
Andrej is my friend from street where I living, he is a programmer.
We talked about different themes in december, about war, life, people, hobbies, coding, design, etc.
And I've got an idea. Create a coin that somehow will unite people and they will think about peace. War is not needed.
A coin which will never born if people will not be united around this idea. We want to spread this coin far as possible.

I know maybe it's sounds naive. But, that's my idea. Smiley

All depends on people support first. Second place is code. Third is promotional. And only then is my place in this project. Smiley

I hope this will grow. But until then let's watch how people can unite around this idea at 1st stage.

Now I'm busy with some design, later I will renew OP.

This is very early and simple design of coin.

PS. As for Andrej he said "my part is code - yours is forum, I don't want to be responsible for everything, if we fail then your face will be damaged not mine Grin (joke)". I will talk to him, maybe he will want to create account here. Will see.
Shadow_Runner (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 10:33:04 AM

Guys, I have bad news. Sad

Our coder is in hospital. It is winter right now in our country with snow/rain/frost and his car trapped in traffic collision.
He can't continue work and don't know if he will have wish to continue later. He has other problems now.

I'm upset. Without coder this project is dead.
Please, post your address here I will return everything you sent.

Sorry for wasting your time, but no one expects that. Sad
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 10:34:46 AM

Our coder is in hospital. It is winter right now in our country with snow/rain/frost and his car trapped in traffic collision.
He can't continue work and don't know if he will have wish to continue later. He has other problems now.

Maybe we can get a coder for this ? There are quite a few good coders here on the board, we just have to ask how much they want for it

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
Shadow_Runner (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 10:38:58 AM

Maybe we can get a coder for this ? There are quite a few good coders here on the board, we just have to ask how much they want for it

Well I don't know. I've expected work with Andrej and his friends in social networks, now he is offline and I don't know this people personally. As I said before I'm not a leader of this project, just a face...

I'm confused, don't know what to do with all of this right now. Maybe someone can take idea and make coin.

As for funds, be sure I will return to everyone, or sent to new escrow if there will be new team and people want to continue this idea.

If not then post you addresses here, I will send your BTC back.

This was great plans, but no one expects this...
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 10:45:34 AM

Well I don't know. I've expected work with Andrej and his friends in social networks, now he is offline and I don't know this people personally. As I said before I'm not a leader of this project, just a face...

I'm confused, don't know what to do with all of this right now. Maybe someone can take idea and make coin.

As for funds, be sure I will return to everyone, or sent to new escrow if there will be new team and people want to continue this idea.

If not then post you addresses here, I will send your BTC back.

This was great plans, but no one expects this...

Thanks Shadow, I've received my BTC back, hopefully your coder gets well soon and then we'll bring this project back to life

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
Shadow_Runner (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 10:48:48 AM

Thanks Shadow, I've received my BTC back, hopefully your coder gets well soon and then we'll bring this project back to life

I hope he will be ok, but it's not fast. I can't guarantee now he will continue.
Thanks for support and sorry for wasting your time.

Will wait here for others who sent BTC.
I will not edit any info in this thread except do not send to this address anymore.
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 11:19:21 AM

Your now-legendary speed off the starting blocks has on many occasions saved me from wasting hours and hours of my time so as far as I'm concerned, you're top of the rich list for that particular currency and you have absolutely nothing to apologise for.

Cheers

Graham
curT

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 11:23:19 AM

The idea of PEACE behind this coin is great.
I hope you can find a coder to continue this project.
bri912678

Activity: 348

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 11:26:55 AM

The project has a fledgling community and a coder needs that to make any coin a success. Hopefully someone will step forward as it will save him the effort of trying to built a community for a new coin.
Shadow_Runner (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 11:42:38 AM

Yeah, I want to push this idea.
I think I will return everything to supporters and then If some coder will want to make coin with this idea, I will help with design.

But until then I don't know what to do else... confused with this situation.
Repunza

Activity: 357

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 12:01:04 PM

I hope he will be ok, but it's not fast. I can't guarantee now he will continue.

Will wait here for others who sent BTC.
I will not edit any info in this thread except do not send to this address anymore.

Your honesty will take you along ways in the crypto world. Don't give up, find a new coin, a new ideal and new backers. We, the community will back you.  Smiley
Shadow_Runner (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 12:30:50 PM

Your honesty will take you along ways in the crypto world. Don't give up, find a new coin, a new ideal and new backers. We, the community will back you.  Smiley

Thanks. I hope this idea will reborn in new project in future.

Funds was sent back to ocminer and notsofast.
Waiting for proletariat and KeyserSozeMC address via PM or in this thread.
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 01:26:26 PM

I hope this idea will reborn in new project in future.

Well yeah, we'd better do something collectively. Otherwise Shadow_Runner's idea is likely to be quickly appropriated by someone with far fewer scruples and launched as short-PoW exchange fodder.

Some factors: i) there's a pre-loved mission statement from an unrelated earlier effort in the domain: “Give peace a chance”; ii) I'm not alone in recognising the potential of the meme and the nascent community that's already in place iii) Shadow_Runner probably has more positive exposure on this board than anyone else I know.

So, unless there are any compelling objections, I'm going to create a Github organisation a/c https://github.com/peacebit-project as a placeholder for development work and I'll populate it with some trivially-replaceable candidate code. PM me if you want to be added to the organisation membership.

Now, according to my dim understanding of established procedure, the next three weeks are to be taken up with screechingly incoherent arguments over PoW vs PoS and which algo to use.

In the meantime, there are some other things I'd like to consider ...

Q1: Is this to be primarily a miners' coin (like Mooncoin) or a users' coin (like Dogecoin)? <- A question about brand identity and values

Q2: Does Peacebit need anon tx? <- (as above)

Cheers

Graham

Shadow_Runner (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 01:40:19 PM

I hope this idea will reborn in new project in future.

Well yeah, we'd better do something collectively. Otherwise Shadow_Runner's idea is likely to be quickly appropriated by someone with far fewer scruples and launched as short-PoW exchange fodder.

Some factors: i) there's a pre-loved mission statement from an unrelated earlier effort in the domain: “Give peace a chance”; ii) I'm not alone in recognising the potential of the meme and the nascent community that's already in place iii) Shadow_Runner probably has more positive exposure on this board than anyone else I know.

So, unless there are any compelling objections, I'm going to create a Github organisation a/c https://github.com/peacebit-project as a placeholder for development work and I'll populate it with some trivially-replaceable candidate code. PM me if you want to be added to the organisation membership.

Now, according to my dim understanding of established procedure, the next three weeks are to be taken up with screechingly incoherent arguments over PoW vs PoS and which algo to use.

In the meantime, there are some other things I'd like to consider ...

Q1: Is this to be primarily a miners' coin (like Mooncoin) or a users' coin (like Dogecoin)? <- A question about brand identity and values

Q2: Does Peacebit need anon tx? <- (as above)

Cheers

Graham

Thanks for your wish to help to restart this idea in new project. I can help only with my little skills of design, if it needed.
Now, as for POW or POS, I think we can make a poll.
And as for anon tx too. Maybe with anon feature people will have more interest in this. Maybe not.

The MAIN destination is push people think about peaceful life on that planet. I'm living in country where is war right now. I know how war is changing life vision. I never complain about my situation IRL. And wish to everyone never know war.

Maybe if this idea in future will spread around the world via internet, then maybe at least people who never think about happiness without war will think about it.

I've started to collect funds for motivate people to spread this idea. We are all know that many people will not do any step without motivation. At first stage money is a good motivation. But if people will unite around this idea without start supply I will be only glad. But this is little unbelievable.

My english is bad, but I'm trying to explain my idea as I can.
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 02:25:38 PM

Sorry to hear that. Don't give up. Let him get out of the hospital, who knows, he might continue working on the project after he gets well.

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
Shadow_Runner (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 02:29:30 PM

Sorry to hear that. Don't give up. Let him get out of the hospital, who knows, he might continue working on the project after he gets well.

Maybe. But I can't guarantee that and don't wanna be marked as a liar.
I talked with him by mobile phone, he is not ready for continue work at least month or two. Who knows what will be then.

Your BTC was sent. Thanks for support.
Repunza

Activity: 357

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 04:30:12 PM

AGAIN, YOUR HONESTY IS GOING TO TAKE YOU ALONG WAYS... THANK YOU! PLEASE FIND A NEW PROJECT QUICKLY SOME OF US ARE EAGERED TO SUPPORT YOU!!!
AFarpa

Activity: 203
Merit: 11

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.”

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 04:34:39 PM

I'm sorry as well to  hear that,
Hope you find a project or a dev who can carry your idea forward ..

Maybe. But I can't guarantee that and don't wanna be marked as a liar.
I talked with him by mobile phone, he is not ready for continue work at least month or two. Who knows what will be then.

Your BTC was sent. Thanks for support.

Shadow_Runner (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 04:56:18 PM

Guys, thanks for you words and trust.

I think this idea will grow in something modified and better in future.
It is good trend to motivate people and make new coin not from nothing.
Also it is good idea to tell people - be happy, make love, not war.  Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: