Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:36:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How did I solve 1 Block this quick?  (Read 7003 times)
nomad13666
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 11:29:10 AM

Well, maybe I'll let them keep a few bitcoins and let them know I found them, but there will be one hell of a transaction fee for my services.  Or if I found a wallet with something like 47,000 bitcoins in it, I'll tell the owner I just decided to retire from PC repair work, and their computer is my last job, and it's free.

This is unlikely to happen, most of the people who call me for PC repair are too ignorant to understand the concept of Bitcoins.

And finding nude photos on a computer is actually pretty rare for me.  I usually spend little to no time looking through their photos, I just Copy and Paste the photo folders to a hard drive in my testing PC and them back their drive after the work is finished so I can save them from the non-running PC and be their hero.

Most photos I do see in the folders are something like 300 photos of their 3 year old little brat at the park, or their aunt Wanda's trip to the Spam festival.  I have no interest in looking at them.

So if you were a plumber you would look inside peoples drawers and steal gold and money also?

And if you found someone's jewelery or money, you would charge them a high transaction fee for your services?

Digital or not, its still theft.

+1

Yep, that's theft.

And only creeps sniff through people's personal files.

Fuckin' wanker  Angry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AJRGale

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 10:29:38 AM

Well, maybe I'll let them keep a few bitcoins and let them know I found them, but there will be one hell of a transaction fee for my services.  Or if I found a wallet with something like 47,000 bitcoins in it, I'll tell the owner I just decided to retire from PC repair work, and their computer is my last job, and it's free.

This is unlikely to happen, most of the people who call me for PC repair are too ignorant to understand the concept of Bitcoins.

And finding nude photos on a computer is actually pretty rare for me.  I usually spend little to no time looking through their photos, I just Copy and Paste the photo folders to a hard drive in my testing PC and them back their drive after the work is finished so I can save them from the non-running PC and be their hero.

Most photos I do see in the folders are something like 300 photos of their 3 year old little brat at the park, or their aunt Wanda's trip to the Spam festival.  I have no interest in looking at them.

Dang man! I can see that put a large dint in your trust rating, just one sentence is all it takes!

I'm in such business, if i saw they had a wallet, I'd make sure they can still access it on the new install, if they like me, they can pay my services in btc. but STEAL from them?! I don't even look at their photos if I can help it! (new install of OS, move data back to appropriate spots, install picasa, let it load photos) and you probably even taking nudes off their own system!

I've even serviced system that have Business records worth multi-millions! and they still come back for help!

if you were working in my town, I'd roll you out quick smart and probably have the feds on your ass.
Mewtwo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

ROAD TO HEAVEN...

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 11:17:09 AM

Hi. I am confused and need some answers. I just solved a block late last night but do not know how. I have a 1 TH/s DragonMiner and a 1.6 TH/s TerraMiner Both running on different workers. I heard that with the power that I have you could probably mine a block every 6 years….Huh?… Is it luck? Will my machine keep solving blocks? I got the machine on the 7th of January, 2015. I just set this mining pool up 11-13 hours ago and I solved a block..!!! XD I don't know whether to be happy or sad. I hope that I can get many more in the future. I also got 3 more emails claiming I found 3 blocks but the worker was not mine. How would I handle that? Do I get a percentage of that? How do I request that percentage. 

Proof:  Block # 338159    6 left     ItsPsychoMods   01/09/2015 05:50:17   40,640,955,016.5765   25.00    40,640,955,017   31,724,355,444   78.06   

Any answers would be great.

Thanks

Really lucky! Congratz on the block, may it not be your only one. Smiley

MarkMJ

Activity: 714

one for one and 1 2 3

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 01:34:48 PM

That guy should stop posting, holy crap what a fool.

Congrats on finding a block mate! I've never found a BTC block but I've found about 10 peercoin blocks!
Hello,

It is not about the luck.

I'm RED and that's GOOD, i will never be GREEN and that's not BAD! there's no one i'd rather be than me.
DEV for cryptocurrency but I HATE forks
Operatr

Activity: 798

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2015, 07:19:50 PM

Hi. I am confused and need some answers. I just solved a block late last night but do not know how. I have a 1 TH/s DragonMiner and a 1.6 TH/s TerraMiner Both running on different workers. I heard that with the power that I have you could probably mine a block every 6 years….Huh?… Is it luck? Will my machine keep solving blocks? I got the machine on the 7th of January, 2015. I just set this mining pool up 11-13 hours ago and I solved a block..!!! XD I don't know whether to be happy or sad. I hope that I can get many more in the future. I also got 3 more emails claiming I found 3 blocks but the worker was not mine. How would I handle that? Do I get a percentage of that? How do I request that percentage. 

Proof:  Block # 338159    6 left     ItsPsychoMods   01/09/2015 05:50:17   40,640,955,016.5765   25.00    40,640,955,017   31,724,355,444   78.06   

Thanks
I don't think that you machine will keep on solving blocks.
It was all based on pure luck. Good luck with those 25BTC.

picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 09:48:21 AM

Wow lookie, no BS ...

https://mining.bitcoinaffiliatenetwork.com/index.php?page=statistics&action=blocks

Anyway, as a miner in a pool, with ASICs capable of doing the highest pool share difficulty, particulalrly if you are in the top 20 or so of the pools hashrate users, you will solve more of the high difficulty shares that have a higher likelihood of solving the block, so more likely for your worker to "find" the block. However, you still need all the donkey work done, which is where all your pool mates come in, you wouldn't have found that block alone.

Very interesting fact.
Btcvilla

Activity: 1078
Merit: 270

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 02:42:30 AM

There are some non-math mofos in here.  2.6 Terahash and the current prediction is one block every 6 years?  At 2.6 TRILLION calculations per second?  

This is an insane level of difficulty.  Why even bother if this is as good as it can be?

Sure, anyone COULD hit 10 blocks in one day, even with a miner much smaller than 1 Terahash, each calculation is just guessing a number and if that number has enough leading zeroes, you win.  It is just very unlikely to actually happen.

I got out of mining and I am happy I did.  For all the work and cost it required and for what little gain I got, it just wasn't worth it anymore.

I run my home PC repair business on the side, though, and EVERY computer I work on gets checked for coin wallets.  And if I ever find one, it's MINE!  I just hope the owner didn't password protect it!

rip your trust
ShrykeZ

Activity: 630

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 03:32:31 AM

Thanks

Wow, the most amazing luck. I wonder if anyone has somehow fluked a block with like a single Block Erupter. xD
yenzae0215

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 12:55:30 PM

I heard that with the power that I have you could probably mine a block every 6 years….Huh?… Is it luck?

it is luck.. probabilty of mining a block every 6 years is more likely a percentage Smiley

Banned**
JessicaSe
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 11:33:51 AM

congrats
you was lucky to solve a block solomining without big machines
else it will take a long time to mine block with those hardware
cyberpinoy

Activity: 1008
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 04:57:16 PM

I am not understanding the OP completely, did he solve a block on his own or did he solve a block mining on a pool. If you solved the block on your own, congrats its all luck brother dont ecxpect it again for about 6 to 10 years HAHA if you solved on on a mining pool, thats normal dont get to excited.

I run my home PC repair business on the side, though, and EVERY computer I work on gets checked for coin wallets.  And if I ever find one, it's MINE!  I just hope the owner didn't password protect it!

So you plan on stealing from your customers?

That's what the world really needs, more thieves running businesses.

Someone needs to put his post up on a billboard right in his front yard. What an asshole.

Bro if you stole anything of mine from my computer I would literally Cut your hand off and feed it to you, how many computers can you repair with only 1 hand.

Get a life asshole!!

NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 10:29:05 AM

Thanks

Wow, the most amazing luck. I wonder if anyone has somehow fluked a block with like a single Block Erupter. xD
The person with the first ever Block Eruptors probably did, but they were lording it up over all those loser GPUs of the time!
I have turned on my CPU mining recently for a few minutes, there is that dream that coins will suddenly appear in my account, but I guess the odds are far far worse than me winning the lottery, and I very rarely buy lottery tickets!
najzenmajsen

Activity: 700

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 04:27:43 PM

This is why you never bring your PC to a repair shop.

Do you also steal any credit card details and financial info you find? what about nudes? you might as well, it's the same level of scum-iness.
stealing nudes from somebody is the same as stealing their precious precious PRECIOUS bitcoins?
what weird kind of world do you live in man  Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: