Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:31:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Moving a compiled Armory into an offline computer. Enough to move ArmoryQt.py?  (Read 605 times)
pf (OP)

Activity: 176
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 10:44:31 AM

I successfully compiled Armory 0.93.2 on my online Ubuntu 14.04 LTS machine. The question is, how do I now properly copy this compiled Armory over to my offline Ubuntu 14.04 LTS machine? Is it enough to just move over ArmoryQt.py and launch that on the offline computer with "python ArmoryQt.py"?

Maybe anything else needs to be installed too on the offline machine, such as Python?
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 11:37:52 PM

You will need all the correct dependencies for Armory to work. I'd refer to the offline bundle for info on what to install, and take it from there Smiley
doug_armory

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

Senior Developer - Armory

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2015, 12:15:48 AM

Refer to the developer instructions and install all the dependencies on the offline computer. Then, compile Armory and copy the entire Armory directory over to the offline computer. You should be good at this point.

Granted, I'm assuming you're talking about Linux. If you're talking about OS X, you can just compile Armory and copy Armory.app over to the offline machine. I'm not totally sure about Windows but I think it's similar to Linux.

Senior Developer -  Armory Technologies, Inc.
pf (OP)

Activity: 176
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 05:29:33 PM

Refer to the developer instructions and install all the dependencies on the offline computer. Then, compile Armory and copy the entire Armory directory over to the offline computer. You should be good at this point.

Granted, I'm assuming you're talking about Linux. If you're talking about OS X, you can just compile Armory and copy Armory.app over to the offline machine. I'm not totally sure about Windows but I think it's similar to Linux.
Thank you. Makes sense.
By the way, do you happen to have answers for this thread? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1135428.0 Some questions about adding entropy. Once I get this cleared up, I'll be ready for using Armory for storing some real dough. Exciting indeed!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: