Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 06:37:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How Fiat Ruined my Traveling Experience  (Read 1456 times)
The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 02:43:21 AM

Bitcoin is super-efficient, though. If we all used Bitcoin, I could cross any border I want without ever having to use an ATM or talk to an exchange agent. The same effect will be a blessing for international business; currency fluctuations become a non-issue.

It's also vastly cheaper, the fastest means if sending money I've ever used. I'm a very impatient man, so that's really the sticking point. There are arguments we could make against that, but most of them are solvable by modifications to the blockchain and protocol.

I probably don't want to go through that again, though--you're right. But I'm so very disinterested in learning about cheques and stuff.  Embarrassed

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 03:08:51 AM

Bitcoin is super-efficient, though. If we all used Bitcoin, I could cross any border I want without ever having to use an ATM or talk to an exchange agent. The same effect will be a blessing for international business; currency fluctuations become a non-issue.

It's also vastly cheaper, the fastest means if sending money I've ever used. I'm a very impatient man, so that's really the sticking point. There are arguments we could make against that, but most of them are solvable by modifications to the blockchain and protocol.

I probably don't want to go through that again, though--you're right. But I'm so very disinterested in learning about cheques and stuff.  Embarrassed

One day Bitcoin will be the most efficient and fast means of transferring value between people that ever existed. Until then learn and use the others for the historical value. History provides a useful frame of reference for everything and is a valuable course of study for any field. Also, patience is a virtue.

countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 05:12:51 PM

When ... ?

when a friend of mine want buy a apple tablet with cash ...  Cheesy it can't and is bank account is full of money (it can view is account on the ATM) !
it have standard credit card with no option (50 euros per year for the cost of this "standard" card).

Last August.
Also last year, I've bought a car, and I paid it cash. The dealer wasn't accepting credit cards nor checks.
Different countries have different practices.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: