Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:14:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CLAMS with an Electrum wallet?  (Read 2346 times)
Bizmark13 (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 11:32:23 PM

Does anyone know the easiest way to get an Electrum wallet working with CLAMs? As I understand it, the CLAM client can only accept the wallet.dat file that comes from the Bitcoin-Qt client which I don't have. I have addresses that held coins during the snapshot in 2014 and I can grab the private keys of the addresses using Electrum's export feature but I'm not sure if the CLAM client will accept these.

And yes, I've made sure that these wallets are empty (or close to it). Currently, they only have a few dollars worth of BTC in them. The rest has already been moved to another wallet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
celebreze32

Activity: 296

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 12:05:47 AM

I think you will have to click help, then debug window, then the console tab in the resulting window.

Then you type this into the bottom of the console window

importprivkey PutYourPrivateKeyHere

Hit enter and wait for your private key to be imported

You might have to use -rescan on the blockchain to see your clams
LuckyBtc
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 09:55:27 AM

Does anyone know the easiest way to get an Electrum wallet working with CLAMs? As I understand it, the CLAM client can only accept the wallet.dat file that comes from the Bitcoin-Qt client which I don't have. I have addresses that held coins during the snapshot in 2014 and I can grab the private keys of the addresses using Electrum's export feature but I'm not sure if the CLAM client will accept these.

And yes, I've made sure that these wallets are empty (or close to it). Currently, they only have a few dollars worth of BTC in them. The rest has already been moved to another wallet.
You can easily claim or check if your addresses are eligible to claim clam through just-dice.com
Goto just-dice and in chat window type /dig *your Bitcoin address* if it's eligible claim by typing /dig *Btc Addy* *Private Key*
Bizmark13 (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 02:58:01 AM

Thanks for the answers. Since my Internet is so poor* and the only laptop that can go online at all has a tiny hard drive, I decided to use Just-Dice to claim my CLAMs. It seems to have worked, and I can see 4.6 CLAMs sitting in my account.

*My computer is located far away from the router so I can access the Internet but it randomly disconnects whenever I try to push it. I have a wifi extender but I haven't gotten around to setting that up yet.
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 11:36:53 PM

NEVER send your privatekey into a website!!!!! Even sending your privatekey in the clam client i find tricky, sorry.

Sorry for bumping, but needs to be said.
Bizmark13 (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 04:52:49 AM

NEVER send your privatekey into a website!!!!! Even sending your privatekey in the clam client i find tricky, sorry.

Just-Dice is a fairly trustworthy site. More importantly, I made sure to withdraw coins from the address before entering my private key. Since then, I've only had a maximum of $10 stored in that address which should limit the damage in the event that JD is hacked or goes rogue (yeah, I know it's better to stop using it completely).
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2015, 12:23:19 PM

I didn't said JD isn't trustworthy....i said that you never ever must send your private key to a website. It is the same as giving away your PIN of your bankaccount.
Bizmark13 (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 03:31:51 PM

I didn't said JD isn't trustworthy....i said that you never ever must send your private key to a website. It is the same as giving away your PIN of your bankaccount.

Perhaps, but if you have hundreds of bank accounts at your disposal and you have an empty bank account which you don't intend to keep more than several dollars worth of BTC in then what's the harm in exposing that bank account's PIN?
geopayme

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2015, 05:49:15 PM

We are making an effort to include CLAM in the UberPay wallet... Last stage is a CLAM electrum server to test wallet. Wallet addresses have been tested and verified in the CLAM explorer

Visit link to see images https://www.pinterest.com/mobeetalk/uberpay-bitcoin-wallet/ or click link below

MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2015, 02:17:44 PM

Just-Dice is a fairly trustworthy site. More importantly, I made sure to withdraw coins from the address before entering my private key. Since then, I've only had a maximum of $10 stored in that address which should limit the damage in the event that JD is hacked or goes rogue (yeah, I know it's better to stop using it completely).

JD once held over $60 Million worth of peoples BTC..

The owner dooglus is about as honest as they come.

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
███`````````````````````````███
██```````````██``██````````````██
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌