Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:11:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What factors are interference on BTC price  (Read 1928 times)
emoneyroute (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 12:16:26 PM

Hi everyone,
I traded before in forex and I have some experince about trading (technical and fundumental) which technical is all about mathematic and can be used for any trend in the world and for BTC also. but what about fundamental? its all about sell and buy BTC. when BTC demand is high the price is high and when offer is high the price is low and vise versa. so how you traders determine demand/offer ? is mining interference here? so if mining always keep going by demand the BTC price should be steady. can you give me some examples of the moment btc price went down or up and give me the actual reason for that moment?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bounst

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 04:03:54 AM

the question you ask is no real answer, someone would say demand and supply but another would tell you that's mining about...
chillman

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 12:25:32 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2014, 12:56:06 PM by chillman

You can try to use metrics of bitcoin ecosystem as fundamental factors for price action. You can find a bunch of them at blockchain.info. But I guess the metrics are not suitable for intraday traders. Trade news if you wish to trade intraday.
lihuajkl
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 08:16:18 AM

I don't think the existing fundamental and technical analysis is relevant to bitcoin price movement. Don't you see a lot of fundamental good news come out, but the price is still under down pressure!
AwesomeTRADER

Activity: 238
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 07:10:13 AM

Bitcoin is relatively very small compared to forex adn stuff. It has a market cap of $5 billion. The price keeps swinging upward and downward, I have studies this for a while but haven't got any specific factors and stuff.

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 03:23:57 PM

At this stage people with loads of cash and coins are the only reasons why Bitcoin is going up and down.

Large traders, early adopters, massive pools. They have the power at the moment.

okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2014, 05:37:06 PM

Difficult to say, there is lot of factor that can determine the price of the btc like teh minning, demand, supply and ofc never never forget the news/spectulations arround all of this world.

In the end, everything around the bitcoin world have something to do with the price of the BTC, some of then have more impact and some of them have less impact, but even the small one counts, so from my point of view there is no answer for your question.

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
resya

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 11:07:49 PM

News, doesnt matter whether it's good or bad news always affect the price. Few weeks ago paypal and microsoft started to accept bitcoin and the price went up fast

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Frabcesco

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 05:49:17 AM

the question you ask is no real answer, someone would say demand and supply but another would tell you that's mining about...
agree, price just like the girl's mood, like they please  Undecided
darkmind

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 11:40:47 AM

agree, price just like the girl's mood, like they please  Undecided

Couldn't agree more, but if you plan to buy some bitcoins, take a look at what Chinese markets are doing, they're driving the price up and down at will, whales are manipulating the market

cheekychap

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 01:09:20 PM

Hi everyone,
I traded before in forex and I have some experince about trading (technical and fundumental) which technical is all about mathematic and can be used for any trend in the world and for BTC also. but what about fundamental? its all about sell and buy BTC. when BTC demand is high the price is high and when offer is high the price is low and vise versa. so how you traders determine demand/offer ? is mining interference here? so if mining always keep going by demand the BTC price should be steady. can you give me some examples of the moment btc price went down or up and give me the actual reason for that moment?
It has no one answer , almost anything can effect it.
Forexample when the ALibaba IPO happened, that in a way affected the price as well.

AwesomeTRADER

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 07:33:59 AM

Hi everyone,
It has no one answer , almost anything can effect it.
Forexample when the ALibaba IPO happened, that in a way affected the price as well.
How did it affect the price? all i know is that albaba raised $25 billion, the highest by any company.

saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 07:57:41 PM

supply and demand mainly too much supply caused by proof of work

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
stellar1

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:02:42 AM

All BTC movements on the top two or three exchanges (by volume) follows mathematical probability models much like SPX or DJIA does. Its for us to figure out which one.
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 02:13:45 PM

I have never seen btc fundamentals  being discussed before. Unlike forex where you have economics data like employment and such.... when it comes to btc i guess there is very minor impact when you have news event. I remember when microsoft made an announcement about integrating btc that creates some buying support across the exchanges

panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 01:29:24 AM

I have never seen btc fundamentals  being discussed before. Unlike forex where you have economics data like employment and such.... when it comes to btc i guess there is very minor impact when you have news event. I remember when microsoft made an announcement about integrating btc that creates some buying support across the exchanges

I agree. Bitcoin's price seems to be driven by market sentiment, rather than anything else.
hdd3go
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 02:40:49 AM

One factor: Market

Bitcoin is a new decentralized technology that is totally free ,nobody can control it ,nor the government,the market drives everything.
lister storm

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 03:26:42 AM

I personally think Bitcoin is undervalued in the long term, but I'm very curious and interested to see what happens with bitcoin when this valuation/risk bubble bursts
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 03:31:22 AM

Hi everyone,
I traded before in forex and I have some experience about trading (technical and fundamental) which technical is all about mathematic and can be used for any trend in the world and for BTC also. but what about fundamental?
In the Graham and Dodd sense, Bitcoin has no fundamentals. The Bitcoin world doesn't produce anything. There are no net profits. There's no underlying asset value. Bitcoin is zero-sum, a pure speculation.
ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 03:39:40 AM

I don't think the existing fundamental and technical analysis is relevant to bitcoin price movement. Don't you see a lot of fundamental good news come out, but the price is still under down pressure!

I agree to the above point. Price has nothing to do with market analysis and stuff. Whales decide the price.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: