Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:27:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] PromoPlugs - A Coin Designed to Self Promote  (Read 873 times)
ctenc001 (OP)

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 11:35:41 PM

My name is Charles, I am a web designer by trait, and a coin enthusiast for right over a year now. Some of you may know me from hosting pools (too big of a headache to continue), or from my blogging website cryptotycoons.com (drastically cut back my blogging to focus on this project in recent months). Iv'e also offered various services such as a storefront, advertising, website design, forum design and hosting, etc. to a slew of other coins over the last year.

Today I'd like to
announce Promoplugs! 
Total Coin: 100,000
A NXT Asset (potentially)
Launch Date: 1/23/15 (ESTIMATE)
TICK: Suggestions?

To be clear, this is not and never will offer big flashy unique specifications. I have no plans of touching a coin's source control. I'm not a Coin Developer.
This coin is offering a unique distribution tactic that aims to keep people active long term, while blowing up facebook and Twitter with promotions and Advertisements.
The idea behind this is that your voice is worth more than any feature.

The Premise behind this coin is that scenarios like below can happen:
I set up an action such as "Raffling an IPAD. go to promoplugs.com to enter. Each action is 1 entry."
As soon as I post this, the X active members of our community will tweet it, and X^2 of their members hear about it, and tweet it as well, and so on and so on.

If Successful our community should easily become one of the strongest voices in Crypto on Twitter and other social media platforms!

Promoplugs will be an asset of NXT or other similar coin, that will be 100% distributed by users who complete various social media activities.
Every day a list of social media actions will be posted, and a set amount of coin will be paid out for each action that a user completes.

Key Features:
Evenly distributed based on each user's social media promotions.
Self promoting and Community Driven.
Can be exchanged to set up your own campaigns. 50% of coins used this way will be used to purchase Items, other coins, mining power, etc. to raffle off. The other 50% will be used to pay for development, etc.
Initial campaign supports most Facebook and Twitter Actions. V2.0 will add Instagram, Google+, Reddit, Pinterest, and others.
Each Campaign will initially only last for 24-48. Another one will be posted as soon as it ends. By design this will keep users talking about the coin, making for an active, constantly growing community.
other coin developers will be able to purchase our 'voice' by paying a set rate to have our daily campaign mention them. All funds collected from this will go towards raffle.

Last September I briefly offered a service very similar to these campaigns in an alpha build of the project. This initial campaign system was very limited in functionality, and was only used to test the waters and receptiveness of this type of system. Around a dozen coins purchased Campaigns, in the 3 weeks that I offered the service; and many of them are eagerly requesting more as soon as promoplugs.com goes live. To read about the initial campaign system, check out http://www.cryptotycoons.com/2014/09/proof-action-social-media-campaigns/
A very early screen capture of our original campaign system.

Promoplugs.com, while buggy is a live website, feel free to click around set up a campaign, and see what you think. There's plenty of broken links, etc.
DO NOT CLICK ANY PAYPAL BUTTONS.

So why should you trust me?

As stated, I am a web designer by trait, not a coin Developer. PromoPlugs.com will be a website that offers it's services to other coins and parties not involved in social media at all. It's a large scale, hopefully lucrative project that I can't afford to tarnish the image of. By launching this coin, I am tying the success and image of my livelyhood (the website) to it. I can't promise a successful coin.. But I can promise you an scam free coin.
Also, I'll happily do a Proof of Developer and release personal info when the coin itself launches. =)

So why the Preannouncement?
I want this coin to be 100% crowd driven. And as such, I'd like to get some feedback on things like the Asset type.

So post below:
Ideas on cool features/ design

Bounties:
Logo - 50 Promoplugs -At launch
Launch thread images - 50 Promoplugs -At launch

More to Come
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Shadow_Runner

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 11:36:11 PM

Don't understand NXT  Undecided
Olegcho

Activity: 459
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 11:41:06 PM

Don't understand NXT  Undecided

ICO, but the anounced time to invest was shortened Smiley
~500x profit

With two words this is NXT Cheesy
Shadow_Runner

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 11:43:43 PM

~500x profit

Okay, thanks.
ctenc001 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 01:28:26 AM

~500x profit

Okay, thanks.
For the purposes of our this coin, Promoplugs will essentially just be a coin that uses the NXT ecosystem and blockchain. We'll use the NXT wallet Client, have a dedicated exchange built right into the NXT Client on day one, and don't have to worry about keeping the blockchain secure. It takes all the development off our plates so that we can focus on the Action Campaigning tools.

from NXT's wiki
An asset is a token that is traded on the asset exchange. They are equivalent to coloured coins in other cryptocurrencies. Assets can represent almost anything, e.g. physical silver, shares of profits in a company, a portion of a basket of other assets, etc. You can explore assets from within the Nxt clients, on the nxtforum.org assets board or blockchain explorers.
ctenc001 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 01:42:20 PM

Just added the coin launch to altcoincalendar!
Also published a new build of promoplugs.com.
 feel free to check it out
ctenc001 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 01:42:47 PM

The action Campaigns system is now up an running! A few more tweaks are needed but its working =). All actions captured and recorded!
To see an example check out
http://promoplugs.com/Campaign.aspx?CID=32

To do:
Enforce expiration dates of campaigns.
Fix total earned updating issue
Enforce option to require accounts.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: