Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:37:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is announced bitcoin Ponzi/Pyramid Scheme illegal?  (Read 5861 times)
GermanGiant

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 06:48:17 PM

1. Just because someone uses the word "ponzi" in a scheme, doesn't make the scheme a "ponzi" scheme. (Going to a murder mystery party does not make you a murderer.)
2. The classical Ponzi scheme involves "fraud".  That means deception or an intent to trick the investors.
3. If an investment scheme calls itself a "ponzi" but is totally clear and up front about the method or possibility of payment, there is no fraud.
4. Whether a scheme requires USD or BTC or a box of bananas is not relevant in most jurisdictions.  What is relevant is whether the people running the scheme sat out to commit fraud.

I like the way you have put in your logic, but most people here are not going to listen to anything and at the first encounter of the word 'Ponzi', they start screaming PONZI PONZI PONZI !!!
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 11:46:12 PM

1. Just because someone uses the word "ponzi" in a scheme, doesn't make the scheme a "ponzi" scheme. (Going to a murder mystery party does not make you a murderer.)
2. The classical Ponzi scheme involves "fraud".  That means deception or an intent to trick the investors.
3. If an investment scheme calls itself a "ponzi" but is totally clear and up front about the method or possibility of payment, there is no fraud.
4. Whether a scheme requires USD or BTC or a box of bananas is not relevant in most jurisdictions.  What is relevant is whether the people running the scheme sat out to commit fraud.

I like the way you have put in your logic, but most people here are not going to listen to anything and at the first encounter of the word 'Ponzi', they start screaming PONZI PONZI PONZI !!!

and in 99% cases they would be right to do so, lets face it, one doesnt just add word ponzi to ther name if theyre with legit intentions.
even if i had everyones guarantee not to be scammed, i would never join such case, and let alone invest in it, and if you would do anything but run away from it , i would consider you reckless

cheers
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 09:40:51 PM

Id far say BTC is ponzi, scheme The biggest ponzi, scheme is tax on everything across the globe. No one gets to see any real benefits from paying tax. Pay car tax roads meant to be good without pot holes. Pay tax on wages and expect a nice rebate. Under pay your tax their soon on your case to recover it and want it within a heartbeat. Only reason that BTC would get classed being a ponzi is because he or she does not understand enough about it to soon make an assumptive decision that is a scam when in fact it is not. Whe nI first heard of it knowing nothing I shouted scam con all the stuff anyone would do not knowing anything proper about it. After a while I looked into it more and found it to be a lot more than a scam reading more and more into it. Now I use Bitcoin every month or so and soon as it gets to the point of been mainstream I would love to be paid my wages in bitcoin and buy everything with bitcoin and rid fiat currency.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
JaredStein

Activity: 379
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 05:57:46 PM

I think that it is illegal but am not sure, I am sure there are some cases already if it is illegal and if it is no, that is a shame.
krigger

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 04:58:46 PM

I think that it is illegal but am not sure, I am sure there are some cases already if it is illegal and if it is no, that is a shame.
Why a shame? It is a ponzi. Every ponzi is scam, that is proven well by now.
Call it as you desire, but time did not show good one, ever.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██