Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:40:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [KOBO] Kobocoin - Mobile Money for Africa  (Read 127486 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
LionOfNarnia

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 08:24:45 PM

ppl at c-cex dumped to 80 LMFAO there are only 24 million coins and you just robbed yourself at 80? noobs. anyway...when ppl realize the coinage is 1/10th of what they were led to believe, this will absolutely rocket

I'm not selling a single coin 'til they hit at least 0.0003

- even that might be way to cheap.

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
no141

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 08:47:13 PM

Currently there's 2BTC worth of demand for this coin on bittrex, we just need to prove to them the coin is worth more than they are offering. Get people excited about this coin!

TheTribesman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003

Kobocoin - Mobile Money for Africa

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 01:03:00 AM

Stratums @ Suprnova have been shut, had a great time mining with you guys, thanks a lot and please don't forget to withdraw your funds.
Thanks for everything. It's definitely been a ride!
 Smiley

speedy1987

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 01:06:30 AM

So there are only 24 M coins after POW.
It can easily double in price.
Cool. I will hodl my coins.
topcat363

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 05:02:12 AM

double? idk we just found out there is actually only a tenth of the coins that we were expecting...new floor will be 1k

darkslash

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 06:14:03 AM

double? idk we just found out there is actually only a tenth of the coins that we were expecting...new floor will be 1k

that would be nice
Jonesd
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 06:29:28 AM

Hello,

Can you tell me a bit about this coin? Active dev still?

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
darkslash

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 08:14:17 AM

Hello,

Can you tell me a bit about this coin? Active dev still?

dev is very active do some research on him he is a well respected person in the crypto community Smiley and with only 24M coins things should get interesting very soon 200sat is super cheap
Vlizzjeffrey

Activity: 784
Merit: 503

Bitcoin King BTC

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 11:09:01 AM

350 is the max ammount of coins ever to be in existence, whats not to understand about it?
if you just count,  first 43,200 blocks were all POW, that makes max ammount coins after pow 43 mil, if you count all the blocks as pow.

this has been the same for every other pow/pos altcoin, people always have understood this, and suddenly people dont understand it anymore?? wtf

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
topcat363

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 12:16:46 PM

350 is the max ammount of coins ever to be in existence, whats not to understand about it?
if you just count,  first 43,200 blocks were all POW, that makes max ammount coins after pow 43 mil, if you count all the blocks as pow.

this has been the same for every other pow/pos altcoin, people always have understood this, and suddenly people dont understand it anymore?? wtf

this makes no sense. projections were not  even CLOSE to this. just let the dev explain

TheTribesman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 12:29:07 PM

if you just count,  first 43,200 blocks were all POW, that makes max ammount coins after pow 43 mil, if you count all the blocks as pow.

this makes no sense. projections were not  even CLOSE to this. just let the dev explain
Hi Topcat

I'm not really sure what your query is. This is how PoW/PoS works. I have no control over when people decide to stake their coins. Some people decided to start staking from day 1. I'm not sure how I was meant to be in control of that.

Can you explain what you mean about the projections not being close?

The source code is available on Github for inspection.

blockchain.kobocoin.com - Block explorer. Please feel free to check the full history on the blockchain.

topcat363

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 12:36:39 PM

if you just count,  first 43,200 blocks were all POW, that makes max ammount coins after pow 43 mil, if you count all the blocks as pow.

this makes no sense. projections were not  even CLOSE to this. just let the dev explain
Hi Topcat

I'm not really sure what your query is. This is how PoW/PoS works. I have no control over when people decide to stake their coins. Some people decided to start staking from day 1. I'm not sure how I was meant to be in control of that.

blockchain.kobocoin.com - Block explorer. Please feel free to check the full history on the blockchain.

Im just confused on how we can go from 23 million current coins to over 350million expected. thats all =) especially since pow is over

leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 12:55:01 PM

I'm happy about the current coin supply as it makes my coins a lot more valuable Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

TheTribesman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 01:03:02 PM

Hi Topcat

Im just confused on how we can go from 23 million current coins to over 350million expected. thats all =) especially since pow is over
At one point I was getting worried too. I'm glad PoW is over.

topcat363

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 01:05:45 PM

I'm happy about the current coin supply as it makes my coins a lot more valuable Smiley

YES only 24 million coins. Navajocoin has i think 50million and is at 3000 sat. We're at 200? HAHA.. So you might as well hold like the rest of us

no141

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 02:01:43 PM

What I see in the source code is currently no transaction can exceed the total supply of 350,000,000 possible coins. I didn't really dig deeper and see how staking would continue after that or if it counted the total volume of coins in adding interest to the staked coins. The whole point of this was to show the confusion for people looking at that first post and thinking this coin had a lot of coins out there. My main point was max coins after POW could be listed. Also If there was a visual chart of now total possible coins each year, people would see what great shape it's in currently.

If you believe in this coin, just don't hold them, buy them up while they are cheap!

topcat363

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 02:06:05 PM

What I see in the source code is currently no transaction can exceed the total supply of 350,000,000 possible coins. I didn't really dig deeper and see how staking would continue after that or if it counted the total volume of coins in adding interest to the staked coins. The whole point of this was to show the confusion for people looking at that first post and thinking this coin had a lot of coins out there. My main point was max coins after POW could be listed. Also If there was a visual chart of now total possible coins each year, people would see what great shape it's in currently.

If you believe in this coin, just don't hold them, buy them up while they are cheap!

what would you say, roughly, would be the total possible coins per year?

leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 02:08:55 PM

Upto 10%

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

sempyper

Activity: 269

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 02:10:13 PM

we are now pure POS, so if someone were to stake 100% of all coins for an entire year, it would increase the coin supply by aroud around 10% per year. so if everyone staked in 1 year time it will increase the coin supply from 24 million to around 26million
topcat363

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 02:17:07 PM

we are now pure POS, so if someone were to stake 100% of all coins for an entire year, it would increase the coin supply by aroud around 10% per year. so if everyone staked in 1 year time it will increase the coin supply from 24 million to around 26million

yes so i think the OP is a bit misleading? idk  Huh

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: