Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:56:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [KOBO] Kobocoin - Mobile Money for Africa  (Read 127489 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
opticoin

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 01:12:36 AM

my take is migrate to ethereum  ... maybe change name to Kontrakt or Koin (short for Kobocoin), if possible? .. the  green "K" is kobo's marketing strength.. swap Kobo's currency to the new unit/currency/asset  (is this possible?).. as to the value, I imagine market's perception of the coin will significantly change when it moves towards ethereum integration vs. the current state...   right now, trading on Yobit seems to be waking up and gaining traction as the board talks about ethereum migration

advantages:

1. success of integration with ethereum means wider media coverage , which translate to more trader interest
 2. technical help from ethereum
 3. identification with ethereum.

disadvantages:
 1. more work , more cost, less family/leisure time for dev?
 2. moving out from the current comfort zone, sitting it out and quietly mining coins...  but without trader/market interest, our coins have minimal value.

The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JJyarr

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 10:12:42 PM

Aside from any technical details, this sounds like an excellent opportunity well worth exploring...
TheTribesman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003

Kobocoin - Mobile Money for Africa

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2016, 10:10:55 PM

I've spent weeks mulling over a possible move to a new blockchain, and wondering if I'm 'Following the Sun' rather than sticking to what Kobocoin is.

I've come to a conclusion that some people might disagree with. Kobocoin is a currency. It's going to stay as a currency. There's a lot of Crypto 2.0 services coming on line. Some might be able to help with where KOBO is going. I'd like to hold fire and see what's coming down the pipeline.

In some ways it might be better to get onto the ETH blockchain as a kind of ETH currency asset, but that can be done in an afternoon with minimal coding. I've looked into it. Kids, Schools and Colleges will probably soon be issuing currencies on the ETH blockchain as a tutorial exercise. It's too simple to warrant me moving KOBO onto it, and I don't want to fork ETH and become a crypto 2.0 service without a team.

I'd like to keep KOBO as a raw currency and make sure it does what it's meant to do. I still think that the mobile wallets are a great asset. I'm looking into how KOBO can interact with these new 2.0 services.

Over the last few weeks I've seen the monero members opening threads all over the place. I'm going to start doing the same and take any and all insults that come my way for doing so. An insult means a BCT member who's now aware of KOBO (even if they hate everything about it), and it's also a bump.

I'm going to start promoting KOBO as a currency, which is exactly what it is and was meant to be. Building blockchain services is something that can be done independently of the currency itself.

LionOfNarnia

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 05:59:13 PM

Yes, that's the right direction, imo.

I'm sitting tight & minting like a SoB.

Best wishes, Tribesman Cheesy

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
EBK1000
Legendary

Activity: 1148

A Wound in Eternity

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 12:52:24 AM

Anyone want to sell some KOBO? There is very little at YoBit, maybe 0.5 BTC worth

Soooooooon...............
EBK1000
Legendary

A Wound in Eternity

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 12:53:47 AM

I've spent weeks mulling over a possible move to a new blockchain, and wondering if I'm 'Following the Sun' rather than sticking to what Kobocoin is.

I've come to a conclusion that some people might disagree with. Kobocoin is a currency. It's going to stay as a currency. There's a lot of Crypto 2.0 services coming on line. Some might be able to help with where KOBO is going. I'd like to hold fire and see what's coming down the pipeline.

In some ways it might be better to get onto the ETH blockchain as a kind of ETH currency asset, but that can be done in an afternoon with minimal coding. I've looked into it. Kids, Schools and Colleges will probably soon be issuing currencies on the ETH blockchain as a tutorial exercise. It's too simple to warrant me moving KOBO onto it, and I don't want to fork ETH and become a crypto 2.0 service without a team.

I'd like to keep KOBO as a raw currency and make sure it does what it's meant to do. I still think that the mobile wallets are a great asset. I'm looking into how KOBO can interact with these new 2.0 services.

Over the last few weeks I've seen the monero members opening threads all over the place. I'm going to start doing the same and take any and all insults that come my way for doing so. An insult means a BCT member who's now aware of KOBO (even if they hate everything about it), and it's also a bump.

I'm going to start promoting KOBO as a currency, which is exactly what it is and was meant to be. Building blockchain services is something that can be done independently of the currency itself.

I agree with your decision. I have followed KOBO from the start and it was always promising and I am happy you are doing this. If there is anything I can do to help, I am in London as well.

TheTribesman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2016, 10:11:03 AM

It's been a tough one. All the banks are jumping on ETH and it looks like the start of the early internet right now. I've got a feeling we'll soon see an influx of new ETH based currencies (it's already started with Elcoin, Expanse and Shift).

KOBO could be missing out on a possible easy route to adoption by not getting on board at this early stage, but at the same time, with the ease at which a currency can be created on the ETH blockchain, I can see a few disreputable ICO offerings entering that market soon. Not sure what it'll do for ETHs reputation as a currency platform. It's a blockchain in the public eye right now.

At the same time there are services coming on board that could allow independent blockchains to communicate with each other, and completely independent currencies are a positive way to keep things properly decentralized. If all currencies moved to one blockchain then crypto as a whole would become centralized.

The industry seems to be evolving into tiers, and currency was the first tier to emerge. There's now currency, storage and ledger services, rewards programs, and programming platforms that allow you to create whatever you want using their new languages, or even existing popular languages. There's still more coming on board.

Anyways, I'm probably telling you stuff you already know!

On with the program. I still believe that any currency without it's own independent mobile wallet is not set up for the future. KOBO is ready and waiting for it. KOBO, MANILLA, COWRIE, MANSA. Four human friendly currency levels in one wallet.

TheTribesman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2016, 02:48:25 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2016, 03:06:37 PM by TheTribesman

KOBO at CoinWallet.co Main Features

- Make payments quickly and easily
- Ability to send free payments via email address
- POS Pool active for KOBO, earn interest on all KOBO in your account
- Easy Twitter tipping for KOBO
- Support for multiple altcoins
- Make payments from any computer
- Create up to 50 labelled wallet addresses
- Add unlimited address book entries

It's simple to start using the CoinWallet.co POS pool

- Register or Login to your CoinWallet.co account
- Create a new deposit address for Kobocoin [KOBO]
- Send some coins to your deposit address
- Wait for coin maturity (maturity times shown in fee table)
- Earn KOBO!

KOBOCOIN - The Next Chapter

- Built and optimized for the largest mobile money market on the planet - AFRICA!
~ Mail & Guardian Africa ~
~ McKinsey & Company ~
~ Mobile Ecosystem Forum ~
- Android and Blackberry wallets already built and operational since May 2015
- Microtransaction ready. Four human-friendly denominations in one currency [KOBO, MANILLA, COWRIE, MANSA]
- Globally dispersed DNS seeders maintain network integrity - Always up, always fast, always confirmed in seconds (not minutes)
- Unbreakable and private address-to-address desktop messaging
- No IPO. No ICO. No premine. Fair Launch on 7th February, 2016
- Small, dedicated, loyal community

ANDROID and BLACKBERRY - Done and Dusted!

Click here to download the Android wallet from Google Play Store
Click here to download the Android wallet from Amazon App Store
Click here to download the BlackBerryOS wallet from BlackBerry World

So What's Next?

- Kobocoin's twitter account https://twitter.com/kobocoindev now has over 1,200 followers
- Approximately 800 are prolific Africa based media tweeters who tweet consistently and continually
- Each and every human Kobocoindev follower will be tipped 100 KOBO to get them started and to raise awareness of the KOBO brand and currency
- This process has already started.

This is the first major step in building an online Kobocoin community, beyond BitcoinTalk, to rival other well established online crypto communities.

TT

TheTribesman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2016, 03:51:02 PM

https://twitter.com/kobocoindev/status/707590281747636225

TheTribesman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2016, 03:54:03 PM

There is a new ANN thread for Coinwallet news
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1392730.0

Bambino_66

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 11:19:46 PM

I want the kobo   in there fast --------->>    FU18cECRzPpEPLGU8b48CVDdTSXxJ5JN61
TheTribesman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2016, 11:39:53 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2016, 07:24:55 PM by TheTribesman

KOBO at CoinWallet.co Main Features

- Make payments quickly and easily
- Ability to send free payments via email address
- POS Pool active for KOBO, earn interest on all KOBO in your account
- Easy Twitter tipping for KOBO
- Support for multiple altcoins
- Make payments from any computer
- Create up to 50 labelled wallet addresses
- Add unlimited address book entries

It's simple to start using the CoinWallet.co POS pool

- Register or Login to your CoinWallet.co account
- Create a new deposit address for Kobocoin [KOBO]
- Send some coins to your deposit address
- Wait for coin maturity (maturity times shown in fee table)
- Earn KOBO!

KOBOCOIN - The Next Chapter

- Built and optimized for the largest mobile money market on the planet - AFRICA!
~ Mail & Guardian Africa ~
~ McKinsey & Company ~
~ Mobile Ecosystem Forum ~
- Android and Blackberry wallets already built and operational since May 2015
- Microtransaction ready. Four human-friendly denominations in one currency [KOBO, MANILLA, COWRIE, MANSA]
- Globally dispersed DNS seeders maintain network integrity - Always up, always fast, always confirmed in seconds (not minutes)
- Unbreakable and private address-to-address desktop messaging
- No IPO. No ICO. No premine. Fair Launch on 7th February, 2015
- Dedicated, loyal community

ANDROID and BLACKBERRY - Done and Dusted!

Click here to download the Android wallet from Google Play Store
Click here to download the Android wallet from Amazon App Store
Click here to download the BlackBerryOS wallet from BlackBerry World

So What's Next?

- Kobocoin's twitter account https://twitter.com/kobocoindev now has over 1,200 followers
- Approximately 800 are prolific Africa based media tweeters who tweet consistently and continually
- Each and every human Kobocoindev follower will be tipped 100 KOBO to get them started and to raise awareness of the KOBO brand and currency
- This process has already started.

This is the first major step in building an online Kobocoin community, beyond BitcoinTalk, to rival other well established online crypto communities.

TT

EleanorZ

Activity: 359
Merit: 270

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 09:59:13 PM

As always, TheTribesman, thanks for your work. Still holding my KOBO and looking forward to great things. Two small comments re: the above...

- Launch was Feb 7th 2015, not 2016.
- Although the community is indeed "small, dedicated, and loyal", if this information is being disseminated to new audiences it might be best to drop the "small" part--no need to dwell on being small, and besides, the hope is that over time we won't be small anymore Smiley

Thanks again.
TheTribesman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 10:20:42 PM

As always, TheTribesman, thanks for your work. Still holding my KOBO and looking forward to great things. Two small comments re: the above...

- Launch was Feb 7th 2015, not 2016.
- Although the community is indeed "small, dedicated, and loyal", if this information is being disseminated to new audiences it might be best to drop the "small" part--no need to dwell on being small, and besides, the hope is that over time we won't be small anymore Smiley

Thanks again.
Doh! Sorted.

Glad to see you're still here Smiley

TheTribesman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2016, 01:04:07 AM
Last edit: March 11, 2016, 01:14:18 AM by TheTribesman

The website has been updated to give KOBO specific details of how to tip users (rather than the generic coinwalletco page). This should make it easier for people new to crypto to understand.

View it here: http://kobocoin.com/Tipbot.html

I've done some initial testing and now exported all 1200+ @Kobocoindev followers into a spreadsheet. I've formulated the following tweet to go out to all of them:

Code:
@CoinWalletco tip @follower KOBO 100 - You have just been tipped 100 KOBO. Pick it up and start tipping today! http://goo.gl/SrAVQ7

The short URL in the tweet (http://goo.gl/SrAVQ7) also takes users to the kobo tipbot page.

Any comments appreciated

TheTribesman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2016, 11:55:13 PM

All twitter followers have been exported and the tweets compiled into a single text file.

There's a total of 1277 followers as of 23:00 GMT, 11th March, 2016.

Tweet command is

Code:
@CoinWalletco tip @xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx KOBO 500 - #Kobocoin has tipped you 500 KOBO. Pick it up and start tipping today! http://goo.gl/SrAVQ7

This tweet allows for the longest twitter name to be used without going over the limit

I will be tweeting to every single follower as I've confirmed that any unclaimed tips can be cancelled. I've increased the tip to 500 KOBO as I doubt the conversion rate will be 100% (I'm thinking 15% - 20% conversion rate is acceptable).

EBK1000
Legendary

A Wound in Eternity

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 12:02:16 AM

All twitter followers have been exported and the tweets compiled into a single text file.

Tweet command is

Code:
@CoinWalletco tip @xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx KOBO 500 - #Kobocoin has tipped you 500 KOBO. Pick it up and start tipping today! http://goo.gl/SrAVQ7

This tweet allows for the longest twitter name to be used without going over the limit

I will be tweeting to every single follower as I've confirmed that any unclaimed tips can be cancelled. I've increased the tip to 500 KOBO as I doubt the conversion rate will be 100% (I'm thinking 15% - 20% conversion rate is acceptable).

Good idea to spread the word...

TheTribesman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2016, 01:46:11 AM

Website wallet page updated
http://kobocoin.com/Wallets.html

TheTribesman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2016, 01:52:26 AM

Tweet command is

Code:

I'll be starting the tweets from 10a.m which is the optimal starting time in this timezone (it's actually 11am-1pm on Saturday, but lots to do). Sending them out at 2am (local time here right now) is not really efficient for the timezone I'm targeting.

kurniajim

Activity: 924

Decentralised Amazon & ICO Hub

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2016, 02:53:24 AM

Can you add on bittrex again?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: