Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 08:54:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [KOBO] Kobocoin - Mobile Money for Africa  (Read 127488 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BtcMan2009

Activity: 1022
Merit: 340

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:17:33 PM

Is it known how many coins are stuck on Yobit?
Removal of a coin from the exchange it I think already very bad news to people who hold coins and trust in the project and its prospects. But the fact that there is a difficulty with the translation of coins it in general strange at least and not correctly. It is necessary to have patience probably.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rainypu

Activity: 95
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 04:39:24 PM

I love it! I apriciate your works.
just baught a few more kobo
SixFigures

Activity: 798
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 06:20:40 PM

I've just requested that CoinMarketcap remove the market from the KOBO page. I'll see what they say.
Coinmarketcap worked quick, Yobit price is no longer included in the market average, and because they were always heavily weighted downwards, kobocoin has increased by 87% in 1 day, lol. Grin

What is the reason that Yobit prices were removed from the average coin price calculation? Because of low volume on their exchange?
No, because of withdrawal issues. I have requested that they sort out the withdrawal issue for 2 years now. No help or reply. The withdrawal issue is skewing the price on CMC.

I wish they would remove the market altogether so that it doesn't show up at all on their website as newcomers may still see it as a legitimate place to buy KOBO.

There are a few coins out there with the same issue and YoBit price is excluded on CMC.

Fully agree with you on that one. They often do all these delays on purpose I guess and they are very hard to reach if you have issues.

opticoin

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 02:18:53 AM

anybody here having problem syncing their Android wallet?
The_Tribesman

Activity: 120
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 04:05:03 PM

anybody here having problem syncing their Android wallet?

Apologies for the delay. There was an issue with a VPS. I am working on this.

Kobocoin - Mobile Money for Africa
lanhuong925

Activity: 47

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 12:11:33 PM

Oh I get some kobocoins yestoday Smiley
munnamii2000

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 05:36:51 PM

Congrats dev team for making it this far. Wishing Kobocoin more years to come!
The_Tribesman

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 11:18:02 PM

Congrats dev team for making it this far. Wishing Kobocoin more years to come!
Thanks!

The_Tribesman

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 11:29:37 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2018, 05:51:35 AM by The_Tribesman

UPDATE

I've been in conversation with one of the true master coders of the industry - Peter Bushnell (Bushstar) - https://twitter.com/bushstar.

He is:

1. The creator/dev of Feathercoin
2. The person I worked with to generate the Kobocoin Genesis Block that kicked off kobo's existence (I bet most of you didn't know that!). Kobocoin has a solid heritage (great parents! Cheesy)

We've discussed the following soft fork updates to Kobocoin:

CSV - https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0112.mediawiki (assisting Lightning Network)
CLTV - https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Timelock
Strict DER encoding - https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0066.mediawiki
SegWit - https://thenextweb.com/contributors/2017/09/13/fork-segwit-everything-need-know-bitcoin-scaling/

Kobocoin is based on Novacoin (port of Peercoin), and is on par with Bitcoin 0.7 codebase - (https://bitcoin.org/en/version-history).

The first step is to get to 0.13 codebase. That will be the single biggest step forward for Kobocoin since genesis. Once soft fork is activated we can then move to any newer Bitcoin release. The 0.16 release makes SegWit addresses default and adds support for Bech32 addresses (https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Bech32 - once support is widespread).

We will get there.

Peter is in the process of performing this difficult update for another project. Once this is done, tested and verified working with PoS, the work on Kobocoin will begin.

I'm also in the process of uplifting the backend server for the mobile wallets. The server is having a CPU, RAM and filesystem uplift performed this evening. The server is beginning to run like a dog for some reason (which is affecting mobile wallet syncing). Thanks for alerting me to this, opticoin!

On another note, I am considering retiring the main Schildbach wallet and pushing the Coinomi wallet as the main kobo mobile wallet. What do you think?

Why?

1. No need to wait for sync with blockchain as Coinomi uses an electrum backend. It's so much easier to use and maintain!
2. I'm considering using third parties to provide services for the blockchain. It costs less in the long run than building these services myself. I'm not in receipt of any ICO funds, premine etc. Everything is coming out of my pocket. The backend servers are a regular personal cost. Each new service will probably require a new server.

Also, the mobile wallet has been removed from Google Play until it complies with the new GDPR regs now being enforced. I'm working on this. It's really just a privacy statement but there's a lot to do to comply with Google's new rules.

New website is still on target for end June. It could be up sooner but there's no rush.

TT
 Smiley

qianliwen888666

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 07:22:32 AM

Let's give them time to settle for the new progress of the project, and I have a very good feeling for this kobocoin community, very harmonious.
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1025

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:38:03 PM

hi all fellow crypto friends can anyone help me with some kobocoin please FQwwWQmSjC85uw93HtTDEJuwUoNTeqvKNS   i am new to the whole crypto game thank you so much

buy some, it's cheap coins now!
a23sd12122121

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:08:55 PM

I have bought a lot of this coin few weeks ago, and even if the volume is low and the price steady, I have faith because you are doing a really good job and you are dedicated to your project.
opticoin

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 01:41:58 AM

Hi Tribesman,

The wallet is stuck at block 1707968  .. When I try to send from the wallet.. a warning pops up:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Not Enough Available Coins: You're missing KOBO "_________   "   <------- amount to be sent here

(KOBO "_____________________" waiting for confirmation  <-------- amount of balance here

Do you want to pay with all you have?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

No missing amount though because I checked the block explorer..
The_Tribesman

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 01:01:34 AM
Last edit: September 11, 2018, 08:14:59 PM by The_Tribesman

UPDATE

Welcome to the evolution of Kobocoin

Apologies for the delay but there's been a few things going on. Let's start with the topic at hand.

1. Current Wallets

First let me start by saying that all your funds are safe. @opticoin, I'm aware of the current syncing problems of the android wallet. PLEASE INSTALL, AND MOVE YOUR KOBO TO, THE COINOMI MULTIWALLET. The original android wallet will always be available but it will have the ocassional syncing crash which takes time to resolve. It means rebuilding the kobo blockchain and resyncing the ABE database. I will be doing this over the next few days and the android wallet will once again begin syncing. The current android wallet is no longer available on Google Play Store. Once I've looked at what direction our android wallet has to take, and updated it accordingly, it will be back on there. Having a wallet for your own coin is great, but nowadays it's all about multiple assets. So, if anything, a kobo multiwallet is needed.

For now, if you're using the current KOBO android wallet PLEASE INSTALL, AND MOVE YOUR KOBO TO, THE COINOMI MULTIWALLET. I'm happy for people to keep using the original android wallet (it will remain slow and clunky for now), but I can't see why anyone would want to remain with the old wallet given the advantages of the Coinomi wallet. Remember that Coinomi uses a seed phrase to keep your kobo safe, there's no syncing, and you can sweep paper wallets with it. Use it!

The desktop wallets will be updated along with the code update (see below). I will look into monthly bootstrap images being available from github to try and relieve the slow syncing issue. Unfortunately, slow desktop wallet syncing is an industry wide problems apart from projects using an electrum type backend. I'll investigate the desktop wallets properly after the code update is completed.  

2. Code Update

The following code updates will take place before the demo website is migrated to live:  
   - Segwit
   - CSV
   - CLTV
   - Strict DER Encoding
   - Other performance improvements

These updates will take the codebase to Bitcoin 0.13. This will mean that all future updates to Bitcoin codebase can be rolled into Kobocoin a lot more easily. It will really gear KOBO up for the future. This update has just recently been proven on another PoS coin with our codebase. It will involve more than one update possibly over a number of months. I'm in the process of getting dates. We cannot move forward without these code updates. That's how important they are.

3. Identity

We now have an evolved identity. Images below. Hope you like it. If you don't, don't worry, it'll grow on you, and KOBO is always evolving Smiley

Logo and Currency Symbol

Text

4. New Website

The new website is taking shape. I'm doing the work myself. I wasn't happy with what was being delivered so decided to do it myself, hence the delay.

It will not go live until the code update is done. In the meantime I've put up a demo site that I'll be updating as I go along. Please bear with me over the next few weeks (or even months). The demo website will be going through changes as new items are added and it becomes more consumer focused (there's a brand consultant helping me out in that department - I only know geek speak). It's also mobile ready. The mobile site is boring right now but I'll do something to make it look a bit more appealing.

This is just a demo, not a live site. Images are not optimised so it might be a dog on first load. There's a lot of work left to do but at least you can now see the direction of travel.

DEMO SITE - http://dev.kobocoin.com

Items to be added include:

- Paper wallets - This will include screenshots to encourage small businesses to print and sell paper wallets loaded with kobo.
- Team
- Tech
- Roadmap
- Whitepaper
- Block Explorer
- Forum

Once there's enough content on the new website I'll also be using it as the basis of a new KOBO thread. This current thread will become redundant. If the website forum starts being used then I might move all updates to the new forum (as blog entries), and just post a link here.

I welcome your comments, suggestions etc.

5. Marketing KOBO

Once the code is updated and the website switched over, Xtian Dela and other social media influencers will start the marketing process via social media and giveaways to encourage people to see what KOBO is all about.

One issue is that, at ground level, the people who want to buy kobo don't now how to get any, and yet, at the same time we have low trading volume on the crypto markets. Marketing should hopefully address this. The demand for kobo exists. Rather than trying to convince massive retailers to integrate us into their website, I would like to try a new more basic approach. The website will provide details and templates for creating paper wallets that can be loaded with kobo and sold to people who want to buy some.

It could be the basis of an extra income for small businesses, street traders, and anyone else who wants to do the same. Think LycaMobile (http://www.lycamobile.com/).

6. Exchanges

I would love to make promises, but I can't. Once the website goes live and we start marketing KOBO we'll have to see what happens. I'm speaking with Golix (https://golix.com/). If we can get a listing on Golix it would be a massive boost. People will then be able to buy KOBO in local fiat currencies.

7. PLAAS and PLAASIO

Over the last year or so I've been talking about the partnership with BitSoko. Well, that partnership has now flourished into a joint blockchain project. I'd like to introduce you all to:

Project Plaas - The Farmers Blockchain Platform.

I am working with:

- Alakanani Itireleng AKA bitcoinlady - http://www.satoshicentre.tech/ - Plaas is her baby
- Gibson Juma - CEO, Bitsoko - https://bitsoko.io/

We're working towards an ICO that should run early next year. I'll not say too much about it here. Please goto the following sites to learn more:

https://plaas.io/ - Project website
https://plaas.io/token.php - Token sale website (Goto Team page to see my ugly mug - I'll update that pic when the lenses stop breaking)

And finally...

It's now three and a half years since launch. I really want to thank the small but loyal KOBO community for your continued support of the project. It really is very greatly appreciated. KOBO has had it's ups and downs, but it's still here. It's purpose still exists in it's original form, and Kobocoin is now known all over Africa. It's time for the project to attempt to take that next step (and hope that the tech stands up to the hammering it might get!).

In conclusion, the future looks promising.

TT

Smiley

tl;dr - That African coin. Still soldiering on.

opticoin

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:34:32 PM

Thank you for the update Tribesman!.. I was actually moving some of my wallet coins to Coinomi when it got stuck. I already have some coins in Coinomi . The transaction speed in Coinomi is almost instantaneous. I am still keeping the bulk of my coins bought during the early days and staking, selling some only to provide liquidity
  To the lurkers, buy the lows .

The_Tribesman

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2018, 11:50:03 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2018, 02:08:57 AM by The_Tribesman

Thank you for the update Tribesman!.. I was actually moving some of my wallet coins to Coinomi when it got stuck. I already have some coins in Coinomi . The transaction speed in Coinomi is almost instantaneous. I am still keeping the bulk of my coins bought during the early days and staking, selling some only to provide liquidity
  To the lurkers, buy the lows .

The Coinomi wallet is great. It does everything important I wanted the updated KOBO wallet to do. I use it and keep a few cryptos on it. I'll post an update when the android wallet is syncing again.

The_Tribesman

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2018, 08:48:31 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2018, 09:06:21 PM by The_Tribesman

UPDATE

Golix - Africa's Cryptocurrency Exchange
https://golix.com

The Golix exchange in Zimbabwe has agreed to list KOBO. This is fantastic news and a very big break. Zimbabwe is the biggest cryptocurrency market in Africa, and Golix is the largest exchange. They only accept cryptos that have a use case for Africa, so KOBO will be one of a small select group listed on the exchange. When the listing goes live, people will be able to buy KOBO directly in crypto, NGN (Nigerian Naira), KES (Kenya Shilling), ZAR (South African Rand) to name a few. As part of the listing process they'll also be helping to grow the KOBO community within Africa. They're a great outfit.

There are a few more stages to go through but we now have an exchange in Africa. KOBO's coming home! Smiley

There are now 2 options:

1. Go ahead with the listing now, before the code update.
2. Wait till the code update is completed, and then launch the updated website at the same time as the exchange listing.

The code update will start end Oct and be completed by end Dec. I'm happy to wait till the new year and launch the new website and Golix listing together. There's also nothing wrong with getting the listing up and running now so that the market is mature by the time the new website is launched.

Whatever way it happens, with the code update, Coinomi wallet and Golix markets, KOBO will be tooled up and ready to go to market. It's then about building the community and marketing the brand (which Golix also helps with as part of the service).

TT

Smiley

** if you're new to the KOBO project, please do some research on mobile money in the largest mobile finance market on the planet - Africa **

MammothK

Activity: 31

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 02:07:09 PM

The Golix exchange in Zimbabwe has agreed to list KOBO. This is fantastic news and a very big break. Zimbabwe is the biggest cryptocurrency market in Africa, and Golix is the largest exchange. They only accept cryptos that have a use case for Africa, so KOBO will be one of a small select group listed on the exchange. When the listing goes live, people will be able to buy KOBO directly in crypto, NGN (Nigerian Naira), KES (Kenya Shilling), ZAR (South African Rand) to name a few. As part of the listing process they'll also be helping to grow the KOBO community within Africa. They're a great outfit.

There are a few more stages to go through but we now have an exchange in Africa. KOBO's coming home! Smiley

There are now 2 options:

1. Go ahead with the listing now, before the code update.
2. Wait till the code update is completed, and then launch the updated website at the same time as the exchange listing.

The code update will start end Oct and be completed by end Dec. I'm happy to wait till the new year and launch the new website and Golix listing together. There's also nothing wrong with getting the listing up and running now so that the market is mature by the time the new website is launched.

Whatever way it happens, with the code update, Coinomi wallet and Golix markets, KOBO will be tooled up and ready to go to market. It's then about building the community and marketing the brand (which Golix also helps with as part of the service).

TT

Smiley

** if you're new to the KOBO project, please do some research on mobile money in the largest mobile finance market on the planet - Africa **

Mega wow Felix! it looks like your patience and hard work is finally paying off Smiley
This could be the key part to getting Kobo taken up in Africa, purchase in local currencies will give it real value and a real exchange which mean no messing about with tiny amounts of bitcoin with high transfer costs.

I just want to say because there is no ICO for Kobo, if you're having a promotional, I would be willing to donate a few Kobocoin to the good cause, perhaps some paper wallets in shops to be distributed or something, am sure you have many ideas about that.

Good luck again, is exciting times ahead for Kobo, you are doing exactly what you said you'd do and more, respect to you for that :-)

Regards,

Mammoth.

P.S. I don't understand how the Farmers blockchain fits into it, but sounds very intriguing and if there is an ICO, I am sure you will be giving the Kobo holders priority exchange perhaps at a 1 for 1 level Wink

The_Tribesman

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 08:39:07 PM

The website and mobile site have been tidied up a bit. Hopefully a clearer message is emerging.

http://dev.kobocoin.com

Though the market is depressed, things are ramping up in Africa for 2019. It's a funny one. The markets are crashing but the mobile money industry in Africa is growing at a very fast rate. Crypto is better received. There are already crypto services being used. I think 2019 will be a good year for crypto in Africa.

With PLAAS, it's an African based farming project with an existing prototype. The application is something that will help local farmers keep track of so many things by storing them on the blockchain. Over the coming years, Kobocoin (as a crypto project) should be partnering up with other projects like PLAAS throughout the continent.

MammothK

Activity: 31

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 09:43:06 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2018, 10:21:48 AM by MammothK

Thanks Felix thats clearer. Golix looks like its had some problems the Zimbabwen banks, but other african countries been added so lots of choices.
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: