Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 12:36:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Jump Shares Distribution 2015  (Read 2869 times)
SkyValeey

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 07:59:22 PM

Follow this one.
pineapples
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

to your stations, man the pineapples!!!

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 04:00:26 AM

the major issue with 100 billion coins. is that even at the lowest price against btc (1 sat) is a market cap of >1000 btc
any larger price would be impossible unless large quantities of coins were held by users for future use.

unless this coin actually gets some real world usage/cred fairly quickly. a huge percentage of early giveaways may be dumped.
then if the coin then gets any price traction. there will be some large stake holders from buying huge quantities of JSD at very cheap prices.

the coin price will then be easily manipulateable. and will suffer many inglorious price pump/dumps reduceing investor/owner confidence. and possibly the coin will be destroyed.

possible solutions will be to create a reason for owners to hold. or a higher price (through demand).
but mainly to create a steady trickle of coins into the marketplace rather than a huge influx/dump onto eager recipients.

if you are a long time follower of crypto's you will notice how many coins get pumped/dumped to oblivion. yours could be one of those perhaps unless you handle distribution carefully.

plausibly, you could generate a huge database of user addresses for giveaways, and pay out regularly to those addresses over time.
eg 1000 in the first week, then 100 /week . this would create limited supply increasing over time.
however there will always be some users who will just dump all their coins, and there will be some who will manipulate the market for their own profits.

in my opinion. the trickle over time into user addresses seems a good way to go.
VPNCoin have been doing something similar with huge premine being givenaway, they have a current total coin count of 400 million, have an awesome idea (VPN network through the coin network), with constant working devs, integration into a larger crypto network (superNET) and were maintaining aprice just over 100 sats for a month (just dropped with BTC plummet).

here's a spreadsheet showing somewhat of VPN distributions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1z9oxfEcy69IxDuhGAwl70xfon_Knr_0OgVqBjwtUYPc/edit#gid=0

//
a trickle effect would also be created by giving away coins to non crypto people.
how many of those targeted recipients are currently trading cryptos? and how many might never even claim their coins?

trickling coins in to user addresses over time would not effect these people at all. as they may only get their coins one day when they realise they own some useful/valuable currency

YEEE F*#KIN HA BIG RED TEXT !!!           

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
pineapples
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 04:15:29 AM

I will make the time line a bit better , upon launch as per timeline i will send a link. i've made myself fairly transparent on this forum you can find me on linked in or twitter i am a very reputable person in the film industry(links at the bottom of the page , look at my twitter i have tweets from @E_L_James (writer of 50 shades of grey) I filmed 50 shades of grey and will be starting the new star trek next month, im not worried about 100 billion coins being to great of a number. If you can fill me in with why 100 billion is to many?, our goal is to give 1,000,000 fans and followers of famous people i am Friends with to give out 10,000 each, https://twitter.com/Spicylilpepper will be giving 10,000 shares out to every one of her 800,000 followers, so mass users are not a problem at this moment it will come down to the marketing and how fast we can build jumpshares APIs I just got back from CES in Vegas so i'm pretty tired, i will try and answer questions on here as often as i can i will also update the grammar and spelling lol and keep adding to the time line, Feel free to ask questions and give pointers I am only human and make mistakes and am always open to help and constructive criticism i look forward to the launch and sending everyone there wallets !

where is this information ??
jumpshares.org shows a link to a twitter account that doesnt exist and nothing else.

edit
just found https://twitter.com/MovieJump

and spicylilpepper has only 327k followers Smiley

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
JSD (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 07:36:52 AM
Last edit: January 13, 2015, 04:25:19 PM by JSD

I will make the time line a bit better , upon launch as per timeline i will send a link. i've made myself fairly transparent on this forum you can find me on linked in or twitter i am a very reputable person in the film industry(links at the bottom of the page , look at my twitter i have tweets from @E_L_James (writer of 50 shades of grey) I filmed 50 shades of grey and will be starting the new star trek next month, im not worried about 100 billion coins being to great of a number. If you can fill me in with why 100 billion is to many?, our goal is to give 1,000,000 fans and followers of famous people i am Friends with to give out 10,000 each, https://twitter.com/Spicylilpepper will be giving 10,000 shares out to every one of her 800,000 followers, so mass users are not a problem at this moment it will come down to the marketing and how fast we can build jumpshares APIs I just got back from CES in Vegas so i'm pretty tired, i will try and answer questions on here as often as i can i will also update the grammar and spelling lol and keep adding to the time line, Feel free to ask questions and give pointers I am only human and make mistakes and am always open to help and constructive criticism i look forward to the launch and sending everyone there wallets !

where is this information ??
jumpshares.org shows a link to a twitter account that doesnt exist and nothing else.

edit
just found https://twitter.com/MovieJump

and spicylilpepper has only 327k followers Smiley

my links are at the bottom of intro
https://twitter.com/funboxfilms
https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=207204707
Ildiko aka spicylilpeper has about 800g including twitter facebook and instagram Smiley + her network is a million plus:)

Thanks for the info in the prior comment, there is a few  main objectives to prevent the pump and dump and it will start with people that arnt used to crypto as they typically dont even know what a bitcoin is rather then how to trade it off, our attention will be in how they can use them rather then get rid of them as long as there worth is in there use they will maintain there worth. using businesses and famous people  as faucits is one way we are trying, giving game companies a distributor title also maintains a constant use effect. I will also be using my media connections at some point to bring awareness to jumpshares and bitcoin. i dont want to be one of those people who puts down all this crazy stuff we want to achieve. But i am talking with a few of the bigger movie companies involving the sony hack so the new user reach has a major potential and time will tell Smiley. i can say this i am looking forward to passing it out to the cast of star trek.........  
pineapples
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 09:25:44 AM

Ildiko aka spicylilpeper has about 800g including twitter facebook and instagram Smiley + her network is a million plus:)

Thanks for the info in the prior comment, there is a few  main objectives to prevent the pump and dump and it will start with people that arnt used to crypto as they typically dont even know what a bitcoin is rather then how to trade it off, our attention will be in how they can use them rather then get rid of them as long as there worth is in there use they will maintain there worth. using businesses and famous people  as faucits is one way we are trying, giving game companies a distributor title also maintains a constant use effect. I will also be using my media connections at some point to bring awareness to jumpshares and bitcoin. i dont want to be one of those people who puts down all this crazy stuff we want to achieve. But i am talking with a few of the bigger movie companies involving the sony hack so the new user reach has a major potential and time will tell Smiley. i can say this i am looking forward to passing it out to the cast of star trek.........  

cool thanks Smiley even knowing they were there it took me a minute to realise those big icons were what you're talking about. lol

it may be beneficial to consider how to preserve those coins that are distributed to crypto newbs. it is very easy to lose yr coins.
hardrive fail, phone falls in toilet etc .

one thing that comes to mind is a brain wallet type idea.
where a unique address is generated from a passphrase, which means you can jump on any appropriate wallet and generate the same address from the same phrase - catch being it needs to be a sufficiently secure passphrase because *badpeople* will attempt to bruteforce those phrases.
for example 12 unrelated words should be more than sufficient. - these are easier to keep a copy of than a standard address.
eg.  finally swept octopus blackboard clouds ballet hammer gravel cigarette giraffe cheese toenail
when entered into the brain wallet will generate an address and QR etc.
see https://brainwallet.github.io/ for an example

another option is to have a centralised online wallet, where distributed coins are stored until user gets a private wallet <-- but they do seem to get hacked at times Smiley

a third would be to distribute in mind without distributing.  ie set up a system where someone can log in 6 months later and claim their distributed coins - the coins would be held in the central fund til that point.
this would also help in that after some cut off date, those who were never going to claim their coins lose them, and they revert to the distributors.

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 09:35:19 AM

just signed up.

where are my coins?

liar

lol wat  Grin

u have any proof for this. What's your real name?

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
pineapples
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 02:12:58 PM

just signed up.

where are my coins?

liar

lol wat  Grin

lol yr first haterz Cheesy
moderated threads are very useful Smiley freedom of speech on bitcointalk is highly overrated

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
crypto_currency

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 02:36:17 PM

I don't see any info on the op  Sad
JSD (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 08:00:43 PM

just signed up.

where are my coins?

liar

lol wat  Grin

lol yr first haterz Cheesy
moderated threads are very useful Smiley freedom of speech on bitcointalk is highly overrated

my name is on my linkedin along with enough personal info(putting personal info up is the hardest part fyi); This is my first crack at my own thread , But i have been paying attention to bitcointalk for over a year now and i realize the harshness that it has turned into because of the scams or what ever they are, i fully agree we and it will probably be me that will have to inform people about the security and importance of safe keeping , i have a few friends who are developing a few payment systems/multi wallets, getting jump shares in on the multi wallet startup is somtihng i,m picking at but hahah that will be down the road. cheers   
JSD (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 08:21:15 PM

cool thanks Smiley even knowing they were there it took me a minute to realise those big icons were what you're talking about. lol

it may be beneficial to consider how to preserve those coins that are distributed to crypto newbs. it is very easy to lose yr coins.

where a unique address is generated from a passphrase, which means you can jump on any appropriate wallet and generate the same address from the same phrase - catch being it needs to be a sufficiently secure passphrase because *badpeople* will attempt to bruteforce those phrases.
for example 12 unrelated words should be more than sufficient. - these are easier to keep a copy of than a standard address.
eg.  finally swept octopus blackboard clouds ballet hammer gravel cigarette giraffe cheese toenail

another option is to have a centralised online wallet, where distributed coins are stored until user gets a private wallet <-- but they do seem to get hacked at times Smiley

a third would be to distribute in mind without distributing.  ie set up a system where someone can log in 6 months later and claim their distributed coins - the coins would be held in the central fund til that point.
this would also help in that after some cut off date, those who were never going to claim their coins lose them, and they revert to the distributors.

hey this is great , i was talking with the guys at bittrex and they have systems that work pretty good for signing up newbs, i know owner of QuadrigaCX and we are in some talks about some security ease of use , the one thing is Canada is a bit behind on blockchain innovation but the people are open to using it, so we are hoping to bridge this gap , brain wallet looks rad im gonna have to bring this up at the next meet up this week , i guess so everyone knows i meet up once a week to a bitcoin meet up where everyone opensources our ideas so we are all working toward a goal Smiley have you heard of trust index with coinsource ? should i do it or is it a waste of money ? 
RoxanaMallett

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 11:44:49 PM

where's link to sign up?
i hope to get 1 share Grin

pineapples
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 06:14:49 AM

hey this is great , i was talking with the guys at bittrex and they have systems that work pretty good for signing up newbs, i know owner of QuadrigaCX and we are in some talks about some security ease of use , the one thing is Canada is a bit behind on blockchain innovation but the people are open to using it, so we are hoping to bridge this gap , brain wallet looks rad im gonna have to bring this up at the next meet up this week , i guess so everyone knows i meet up once a week to a bitcoin meet up where everyone opensources our ideas so we are all working toward a goal Smiley have you heard of trust index with coinsource ? should i do it or is it a waste of money ? 

is it like POD ? it seems really only to keep a small percentage of bitcointalk heads happy.
if you're distributing widely outside of this small cultural backwater it probably isnt necessary if you're open as to who you are.

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
pineapples
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 06:28:00 AM

where's link to sign up?
i hope to get 1 share Grin

http://jumpshares.org/presale-2/

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 02:29:43 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2015, 03:59:08 PM by unusualfacts30

I thought it would be sent on 15th?

today is 18th

liar

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
pineapples
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 09:35:52 AM

only 6 days late..

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
cryptocrypt

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 03:12:31 PM

Any progress from Jump Shares?
safetybitcoin

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 03:32:50 PM

Due to the large amount of coins.
I do not think is a good idea to make the purchase the pre-sale, but first see how the price of it will behave after released.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: