Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:28:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Changing motherf&%* avatars  (Read 3497 times)
michaeladair

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

I'm a Web Developer: HTML, CSS, PHP, JS.

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 03:18:44 AM

Last time there were avatars, someone hacked the forum by uploading javascript to the avatar. This happened:

Also, there was a meter saying that your bitcoins were going to be transferred to "CosbyCoins" (I wasn't here when the forum got hacked, but I have read about it.)

There should be avatar uploads in the new forum software, going to be released around February.
That's some clever shit... Did they give him a Cookie for that?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Superhitech
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 12:54:11 AM

Last time there were avatars, someone hacked the forum by uploading javascript to the avatar. This happened:

Also, there was a meter saying that your bitcoins were going to be transferred to "CosbyCoins" (I wasn't here when the forum got hacked, but I have read about it.)

There should be avatar uploads in the new forum software, going to be released around February.

He didn't get a cookie, but they let him off without any punishment because the Mods thought it was funny too and no permanent damage was done.
michaeladair

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 12:58:21 AM

He didn't get a cookie, but they let him off without any punishment because the Mods thought it was funny too and no permanent damage was done.

Well that was nice lol.

crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 11:45:41 PM

SO theirs no option to change avatar. What about asking mods to change as I would like to edit and remove my current one and stick my car on it.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
michaeladair

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 12:27:01 AM

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKrOHAfMdxI&hd=1

That's some clever coding.

Superhitech
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 01:39:00 AM

SO theirs no option to change avatar. What about asking mods to change as I would like to edit and remove my current one and stick my car on it.

Well, when the new forum software gets released, there will be the feature to have avatars. We just have to wait until then.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 05:53:19 AM

Well, you can't change your avatar but you can remove it by sending a PM to theymos or other admins(don't know whether they can do it or not). As this doesn't have high priority, it may take some time to get it removed but I suggest you not to. Your avatar is good, your post will be distinguished and "something is better than nothing".

-MZ

R2D221

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 05:56:32 AM

That's kind of stupid, isn't it?

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
TrianglePythagoras

Activity: 274

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 06:00:01 AM

That's pretty funny.  We should be allowed avatars with the next forum software.
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 06:11:52 AM

[img width=100 ]https://i.imgur.com/GzF0Cnf.png[/img]

I think they didn't know who did it, got a name 'The Hole Seekers'.

-MZ

Superhitech
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 04:09:56 PM

[img width=100 ]https://i.imgur.com/GzF0Cnf.png[/img]

I think they didn't know who did it, got a name 'The Hole Seekers'.

-MZ

Theymos has said that he does know who did it, but let him off. We don't know the full details though.
Shazam!!!

Activity: 350
Merit: 158

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 04:20:45 PM

everyone keeps saying February possibly March. Whenever it does happen it will be
fun to see what people choose to represent their image on here---be it a cat or a half
naked girl from Canada!!! Cheesy

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■
Superhitech
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 04:25:42 PM

everyone keeps saying February possibly March. Whenever it does happen it will be
fun to see what people choose to represent their image on here---be it a cat or a half

I'm thinking of making a custom avatar for myself in Photoshop. What's yours going to be? Waiting for the new forum, it's almost the end of February now and no new forum...
Madness

Activity: 644

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 04:27:38 PM

Let's start forgoting the whole idea of the new forum because it will take time . you can forget the Final release , at least not until May or something .
As I said on another thread , Beta was expected on December 2014 and Final release Feb 2015 but none of this happened .. so yeah ..

~ Madness

Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 05:01:07 PM

Theymos has said that he does know who did it, but let him off. We don't know the full details though.

Source of the saying or where you hear/read it from?

Let's start forgoting the whole idea of the new forum because it will take time . you can forget the Final release , at least not until May or something .
As I said on another thread , Beta was expected on December 2014 and Final release Feb 2015 but none of this happened .. so yeah ..

~ Madness

They were busy because of disk failures and other issues. My expectation is by April.

-MZ

Madness

Activity: 644

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 05:09:44 PM

~ Madness

They were busy because of disk failures and other issues. My expectation is by April.

-MZ

He did say it indeed and it was on my thread sometime ago .
You can check here his post : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=912029.msg10050561#msg10050561

~ Madness

Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 05:18:28 PM

He did say it indeed and it was on my thread sometime ago .
You can check here his post : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=912029.msg10050561#msg10050561

~ Madness

Thanks, Madness!

@ALL : Please stop posting threads about avatar.

-MZ

Shazam!!!

Activity: 350
Merit: 158

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 05:31:22 PM

I'm thinking of making a custom avatar for myself in Photoshop. What's yours going to be? Waiting for the new forum, it's almost the end of February now and no new forum...

I'm gonna do a custom as well. I'm undecided which way to go but it looks like I have some time to figure it out.

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■
Superhitech
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 07:38:05 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2015, 04:35:03 AM by Superhitech

Theymos said it himself in a thread somewhere, I can't seem to find it though. Might be updating this post if I can find it.
MustafaJohnMing

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 07:03:03 PM

Do you know to use Photoshop?
I would like to make 1 for me too.
No new forum on sight.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: