View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Josepht

Activity: 1008
Merit: 515

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 01:02:11 AM

So I have a 66% chance tot win 0.01 and a 33% chance tot losse 0.03?
That's a massive 33% house edge!

Edit: wrong calculation, it's a 11.1% house edge. Stille massieve.
Pierre11

Activity: 502
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 01:12:14 AM

Consider taking out the house edge for the timebeing to see if people would actually play this un-provably fair game. You can just make two new accounts and invest 0.03 twice, and take the last guy's 0.03 each time.
Josepht

Activity: 1008
Merit: 515

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 01:16:49 AM

So I have a 66% chance tot win 0.01 and a 33% chance tot losse 0.03?
That's a massive 33% house edge!

Edit: wrong calculation, it's a 11.1% house edge. Stille massieve.
I must be missing something here.
Any type of edge to loose would mean that your chances of loosing are greater then 50%.
This is a game where the odds are literally in your favor to win every time.
Let's assume I bet 100 times in your game. That made me wager 3 BTC in total.
I would have won 66.6 bets on average -> payout of 66.6 x 0.04 =  2.666
I'd have lost 33.3 bets -> payout of 0
Total payout = 2.666, while total wagered = 3
Total loss = 3 - 2.666 = 0.333
House edge = 0.333 / 3 * 100% = 11.1%
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 01:24:09 AM

Pretty simple game.
0.03 BTC to play sent to this address.
12gKp5T2haNx5C95pxrGH4Cdht3QgAa8Qx
Every third 0.03 that is deposited I will use https://www.random.org to pick 2 of the 3 players for that set.
Each of those two winning players receive 0.04 BTC
Only rule other then what is above is that if you win you must post here at least one time that you played and won.
That will prove that everything is legit and everyone was payed out.
If this game is played often enough by enough people I will add different levels. Like .05 bets. Or .1 bets.
Along with better payouts. I don't need to take as much rake if I know more and more people are using this.

If this kind of thing is not allowed here I will remove it.
Otherwise, happy playing.

It's not so much that this isn't allowed as much as it demonstrates that you are hoping to lure in people who are poor at math.  I have a 2/3 chance of winning 33% my original bet.  If I win 2 out of 3 times, I lose 0.01 BTC.

No thanks.

Edit:  Oh, I see.  You change the payout on the fly.  That's much better...  Angry

Edit 2:  Why are people talking about a "house edge" when the house never pays anything of its own and has no reserves?
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 01:50:05 AM

Pretty simple game.
Every third 0.03 that is deposited I will use https://www.random.org to pick 2 of the 3 players for that set.
Only rule other then what is above is that if you win you must post here at least one time that you played and won.
If this game is played often enough by enough people I will add different levels. Like .05 bets. Or .1 bets.
Along with better payouts. I don't need to take as much rake if I know more and more people are using this.

It's not so much that this isn't allowed as much as it demonstrates that you are hoping to lure in people who are poor at math.  I have a 2/3 chance of winning 33% my original bet.  If I win 2 out of 3 times, I lose 0.01 BTC.
No thanks.
Edit:  Oh, I see.  You change the payout on the fly.  That's much better...  Angry
Edit 2:  Why are people talking about a "house edge" when the house never pays anything of its own and has no reserves?
I dont change the payout on the fly. I made it more money?
I have not taken anything yet. I am not going to change the payout mid game set.
If I do change it, again not mid set, I will notify everyone.
I dont understand what is wrong with this. You have all of these "ponzi" games out right now. These have worse odds then this game by far. People don't realize the money they win has to come from someone loosing. The only difference with my game is more people are winners.

1)  When I say "change payout on the fly," I'm referring to the fact that the payout amount changed during the time I wrote my last post.

2)  "I have not taken anything yet" is an interesting statement.  Changing the payout to 0.045 for each winner must be a temporary change because I'm assuming you won't run a free gambling 'service' forever.

3)  If you do change it, it will be because you finally want a cut.  That cut will be automatic as the 'house' has no reserves and never pays from its own wallet.

4)  I wouldn't justify a service with bad odds simply because there are other services with worse odds.   My guess is you saw that some ponzi operators have profited at the expense of dumb people and you saw your calling.

5)  That being said, this isn't a ponzi.  When (not "if") you change your payout rate, you *never* lose because you never bet.  In short, you are running a service that enables people to bet and will eventually charge them to do so.  To make it worth your while, you will likely charge an amount that leaves betters with very unfavorable odds compared to many established "provably-fair" gambling sites.  

In short, I think you went from idea to execution in a single day.
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 02:07:21 AM

Pretty simple game.

No thanks.
Edit 2:  Why are people talking about a "house edge" when the house never pays anything of its own and has no reserves?
I dont change the payout on the fly. I made it more money?
I have not taken anything yet. I am not going to change the payout mid game set.
If I do change it, again not mid set, I will notify everyone.
I dont understand what is wrong with this. You have all of these "ponzi" games out right now. These have worse odds then this game by far. People don't realize the money they win has to come from someone loosing. The only difference with my game is more people are winners.
1)  When I say "change payout on the fly," I'm referring to the fact that the payout amount changed during the time I wrote my last post.
2)  "I have not taken anything yet" is an interesting statement.  Changing the payout to 0.045 for each winner must be a temporary change because I'm assuming you won't run a free gambling 'service' forever.
3)  If you do change it, it will be because you finally want a cut.  That cut will be automatic as the 'house' has no reserves and never pays from its own wallet.
4)  I wouldn't justify a service with bad odds simply because there are other services with worse odds.   My guess is you saw that some ponzi operators have profited at the expense of dumb people and you saw your calling.
5)  That being said, this isn't a ponzi.  When (not "if") you change your payout rate, you *never* lose because you never bet.  In short, you are running a service that enables people to bet and will eventually charge them to do so.  To make it worth your while, you will likely charge an amount that leaves betters with very unfavorable odds compared to many established "provably-fair" gambling sites.  
In short, I think you went from idea to execution in a single day.
For the time being without myself taking a cut the odds are good.
Obviously as said in the OP I will eventually add a house take based on how many people are playing the game.
Once I do I will make certain all the players know I added this. Then it is up to them to decide how the odds are at that point. I will try to make this as little as possible so that it does not really effect the odds. Again I will figure out what that number is when I see how many people play.

For now you win 0.045 so there should not be any other thought then for that payout of 150%. Once the change comes then people should decide.

Let's assume that you would like to keep your odds competitive against other gambling services.  Just as an example, let's say that you decide upon a 2% cut when you lower the payout amount.  If I recall correctly, there are provably-fair sites with a house edge lower than 2%, but still, 2% isn't too bad.

In this case, would you continue to operate this service while taking a 0.0018 BTC (about 48 cents) cut from each set? 

My guess is that, no, 48 cents per set would not be worth your while.
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 02:24:49 AM

Yes I would operate with that low of a cut.
What am I loosing here? Why would I not?
My only work is clicking a few buttons and copy and pasting the winning bitcoin wallet addresses.
This is something I can do easily as I sit at a desk all day long for my job.

Hey, to each his own.  But seeing as how you would need more than 6 bettors to take a measly $1 cut in the above example, I don't understand why someone would want to commit so much time to providing such a service when you would make much more money for your time working a minimum wage job.  That's why there are automated, provably-fair gambling sites.  This is neither.

As it stands with current payout, any potential gambler simply needs to decide whether it's worth an extra 1-2% to send their bet to a total stranger.  As soon as any reduction in payout is introduced, there simply won't exist a single reason to bet with this service versus any other number of gambling services that are out there.
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 02:30:14 AM

My only work is clicking a few buttons and copy and pasting the winning bitcoin wallet addresses.

Hey, to each his own.  But seeing as how you would need more than 6 bettors to take a measly $1 cut in the above example, I don't understand why someone would want to commit so much time to providing such a service when you would make much more money for your time working a minimum wage job.  That's why there are automated, provably-fair gambling sites.  This is neither.

As it stands with current payout, any potential gambler simply needs to decide whether it's worth an extra 1-2% to send their bet to a total stranger.  As soon as any reduction in payout is introduced, there simply won't exist a single reason to bet with this service versus any other number of gambling services that are out there.

He's not planning on actually running this game. He wants to scam for the $20 in BTC that would come from an unsuspecting gambler.
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 02:41:37 AM

Hey, to each his own.  But seeing as how you would need more than 6 bettors to take a measly $1 cut in the above example, I don't understand why someone would want to commit so much time to providing such a service when you would make much more money for your time working a minimum wage job.  That's why there are automated, provably-fair gambling sites.  This is neither.
As it stands with current payout, any potential gambler simply needs to decide whether it's worth an extra 1-2% to send their bet to a total stranger.  As soon as any reduction in payout is introduced, there simply won't exist a single reason to bet with this service versus any other number of gambling services that are out there.
He's not planning on actually running this game. He wants to scam for the $20 in BTC that would come from an unsuspecting gambler.
I don't know how to prove that I am not going to scam the small amount of money.
How can any gambling service prove it is not just going to scam the initial money that is put in it.

This is why I am requiring winners to post that the game is fair and that they were paid out.
I don't know what else I can do

For me it would be trustworthy member of the forum. Not someone who created an account two weeks ago.

Or someone with a well-designed site and then I would test with a micro amount of BTC. Many people in this community are disillusioned by all the scams.
vineyard

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

EOS Auctions

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 02:46:40 AM

Hey, to each his own.  But seeing as how you would need more than 6 bettors to take a measly $1 cut in the above example, I don't understand why someone would want to commit so much time to providing such a service when you would make much more money for your time working a minimum wage job.  That's why there are automated, provably-fair gambling sites.  This is neither.
As it stands with current payout, any potential gambler simply needs to decide whether it's worth an extra 1-2% to send their bet to a total stranger.  As soon as any reduction in payout is introduced, there simply won't exist a single reason to bet with this service versus any other number of gambling services that are out there.
I don't know how to prove that I am not going to scam the small amount of money.
How can any gambling service prove it is not just going to scam the initial money that is put in it.

This is why I am requiring winners to post that the game is fair and that they were paid out.
I don't know what else I can do

You are a newbie member, and are asking at least 2 people to send you 0.03 BTC ($9 each) with no way of knowing that you would actually run the game the way you say you will. This would require them trusting you. Why would anyone with half a brain trust an anonymous person they never met at all. Come on...

Besides there are legit gaming sites like just-dice.com, primedice.com, bitcoin-scratchticket.com and others that are provably fair, run by established forum members, and are a hell-of-a-lot more fun than this.
Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 03:32:30 AM

How can we know you won't just run away with money?

How can we know if your alt accounts won't always be the winners?
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 03:45:39 AM

I registered over a year ago and have been a lurker for a few years.
I can change the amount to even smaller to start. I figured 9$ was a micro amount.
No idea how I could prove myself.
If anyone can tell me I am all ears

If it'll help, I'll share my personal, informal thought process:

"Oh, an account with super low activity wants people to send him money.  Gee, haven't seen this a million times before.  Obviously, could be a scam.  If legit, he doesn't know his way around this place...too many other established, provably-fair sites to choose from.   This reminds me of the half-baked 'guess the number of the jelly beans in the jar' game I thought about running -- but didn't -- when I first joined the forum.  Doesn't he know people are beyond tired of these non-transparent type of service offers?  Hasn't he seen the reaction virtually every manually-operated game/ponzi thread gets?  Wait a second, the payout is terrible.  Oh, look, now he changed the payout.  He probably didn't even know he was going to make this thread when he woke up this morning.  Etc."

All of these thoughts came to mind within seconds.  That's what you're up against with the majority of folk here.  As someone who claims to be a lurker, surely you're aware of this.  How many similar services in threads made by others have you wanted to participate in?
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 06:06:08 AM

How can we know you won't just run away with money?

How can we know if your alt accounts won't always be the winners?
I don't know how to answer the first question. Clearly there is no magic way I can prove I won't run off.
When you give money to any person or entity you never can be 100% certain.
The amount is so small that it seems almost nonsensical if I was trying to scam.

I have no way of verifying the people who post on this thread. How do I prove to everyone else that you are not just a shill which I will then post from saying this account is legit? How can anyone know that with anyone? 90% of this damn site is shills for people who want to push their bullshit agenda.

With no possible way to verify I am legitimate I guess this is over before it ever started.
For the record the joint, I thought this up a whole 600,000 milliseconds before posting it.

Lol.  Hey, that's twice as long as I thought!  I'll also give you a little credit because you didn't start attacking others when they/we started picking your thread apart.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: