Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:01:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2btc loan wanted. have collateral  (Read 682 times)
geoffreyqp (OP)

Activity: 712
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 12:54:32 PM

i want a loan of 2btc. for just 2 days. i will pay back 2.5% in interest or 2.05 btc total.

collateral, my nitrogensports.eu account. i have pending bets with the seahawks to win sunday for 2.4btc. also enough rewards points to just buy .2btc. estimated value of this account is over 2btc. (seahawks are 1.309 ML favorites right now. so 2.4 / 1.309 = 1.83 + .2 rewarsd = 2.03)

if the seahawks lose, i can cash deposit into you boa on the 26th and the interest will be doubled to make up for the time loaned. the rate will be bitfinex at the exact time i was loaned.

(i can also deposit into most major us banks.)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2300

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 06:04:37 PM

I don't think this collateral would protect the lender very much. If your bet ends up being a loosing bet then it would essentially be a collateral free loan.

The question of if a collateral free loan is appropriate given your prior trade history is up to the free market.
geoffreyqp (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 06:37:32 PM

I don't think this collateral would protect the lender very much. If your bet ends up being a loosing bet then it would essentially be a collateral free loan.

The question of if a collateral free loan is appropriate given your prior trade history is up to the free market.

that's true that if they lose, than my collateral is only worth .2 btc. on the other hand i won't accept a loan from just any non trust worthy lender as well, since it's more than likely to be worth 2.6btc.

i can also add to protect the lender then, that i can do the online xfer of boa of $200 upfront. this obviously only helps if they have bank of america.

lastly, wanted to add that if i don't get this loan fulfilled in the next couple hours then void this loan request. obviously the closer it get's to nfl sunday, then the less and less valuable the btc becomes to me. and after nfl sunday, then i may just end up buying btc if they lose.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2300

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 06:43:24 PM

If you could provide a signed message from a BTC address associated with an old unedited post, increase the interest amount and agree to repay in BTC (I am not interested in cash) then I could probably do this. If you don't trust my reputation enough for me to hold the account personally then I would agree to using escrow to hold your account.
geoffreyqp (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 08:18:05 PM

If you could provide a signed message from a BTC address associated with an old unedited post, increase the interest amount and agree to repay in BTC (I am not interested in cash) then I could probably do this. If you don't trust my reputation enough for me to hold the account personally then I would agree to using escrow to hold your account.

i don't know how to sign. as evidence from my post here a couple days ago https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=922452.msg10126553#msg10126553

though i'm sure we can prove who i am if needed. webcam + i.d. or something similar.

however, i am not interested in raising the interest amount. let me know if you change your mind on this part.

thanks for offer though. i appreciate it.
Rum152

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 09:03:15 PM

Do you have a wallet service that you control the private keys to or have you only posted addresses that are associated with an exchange?

If it is the former then you should post which wallet service you use (eg multibit, QT, blockchain.info) and I am sure you would get instructions as to how to sign a message

geoffreyqp (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 09:06:15 PM

Do you have a wallet service that you control the private keys to or have you only posted addresses that are associated with an exchange?

If it is the former then you should post which wallet service you use (eg multibit, QT, blockchain.info) and I am sure you would get instructions as to how to sign a message

i use electrum
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 09:10:08 PM

i use electrum

Hi,

open electrum then select "receive" >>  "used" and find your address , after right click with the mouse and choose "sign/verify message".
Rum152

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 09:12:55 PM

There you go. It only took 4 minutes to get an answer.

Your next step is going to be to find an old post that contains an address in your wallet. If you can find one and sign a message it will greatly increase your chances of getting the loan filled

geoffreyqp (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 09:58:10 PM

Your next step is going to be to find an old post that contains an address in your wallet. If you can find one and sign a message it will greatly increase your chances of getting the loan filled

i still don't get it. what do i do after i choose sign/verify? all it ask for is my password and then i put that and it says verified. mmmkay, then what?

but i'll just put my btc address here for future reference. though not sure how this will help as i can always edit this post. (unless someone quotes it) so someone quote this please.

1FcPi5UTud9j9brFJDChnA8enZwpwXZ888
Rum152

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 10:03:18 PM

i still don't get it. what do i do after i choose sign/verify? all it ask for is my password and then i put that and it says verified. mmmkay, then what?

but i'll just put my btc address here for future reference. though not sure how this will help as i can always edit this post. (unless someone quotes it) so someone quote this please.

The point is that someone verifying a message will only accept an unedited post to use an address for.

I have never used electrum before but I would assume that it will at one point give you a box that allows you to type a message that you want signed (you should always be very specific and date your message so someone cannot use the signed message to impersonate you in the future). Once you type the message, I would think there is a button that something along the lines of "verify" that you click and it should give you something along the lines of :
Code:
HxUTDd/VsXh3DaDwhUIMSUFSOHroW9qeYhZDa9h00gjkOf204lG0/H58bl/bHdVavwHJmOTBGZTDRjzSwPWRETE=

geoffreyqp (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 10:18:38 PM

The point is that someone verifying a message will only accept an unedited post to use an address for.

I have never used electrum before but I would assume that it will at one point give you a box that allows you to type a message that you want signed (you should always be very specific and date your message so someone cannot use the signed message to impersonate you in the future). Once you type the message, I would think there is a button that something along the lines of "verify" that you click and it should give you something along the lines of :
Code:
HxUTDd/VsXh3DaDwhUIMSUFSOHroW9qeYhZDa9h00gjkOf204lG0/H58bl/bHdVavwHJmOTBGZTDRjzSwPWRETE=

k i just put the date in the message field. then i clicked sign. then i got something similar to that that shows up in the signature field. what do i do now? do i post that here?
Rum152

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 10:25:44 PM

I would suggest that you type something more specific then the date in the message field. I would suggest putting something like this:
Code:
today is jan 17 2015 and I am requesting a loan on a thread that was created today at roughly noon forum time

You will need to post the address you used to sign the message, the message, the signature as well as the post where you posted the address in the past

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: