Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:57:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Campaign to BOYCOTT BITCOIN!  (Read 9567 times)
smalltimer (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 02:33:04 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2015, 08:13:17 PM by smalltimer

The recent discussion about the hardfork (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=919629.0) and this long bearmarket has brought several things to light:

-Bitcoin suffers from high inflation and is unable to maintain its value. This makes it unfit for use in daily business, slows adoption and makes it very volatile and a psychological terror for many people

-The bitcoiners (especially the bigger bagholders) in large parts suffer delusion of grandeur thinking it would take over the world or at least pretending to think it in order to draw in noobs and rob them of their money (transfer their wealth to miners and early investors)

- Bitcoin is wasteful. The high inflation leads to a too large and centralised mining industry consuming huge amounts of electricity and money.

- Bitcoin actively holds down alternative currencies and with this slows down progress and real innovation (bitcoins only concern in regards of innovation seems to be to keep the upper hand over alts and with this behaviour ensure the latecomers not get a thing from joining the cryptomovement and are forced to use btc instead to make the large bagholders rich while preventing everyone who joined later to make profit at all. So bitcoin is anti fair distribution and an elitist shitcoin)

- The fork-issue has shown large parts of btc bagholders have become so arrogant they want to get rid of the consensus and don't care anymore about decentralisation

- Bitcoin does not care about the little man, it's all about that small cabale that was around at launch.

Bitcoin has become the cancer of cryptocurrency and holds back progress and surpresses the entire altcoin industry. It is a scam for early adopters and miners to get rich of YOUR money by hyping  it up to the point of telling people 10million$ for a coin would be realistic. This is a get rich quick mentality and often times misleading marketing (comparison to gold while it is inflationary more than fiat) and bitcoin looks very, very much like a ponzi right now.

If you feel the same or agree with some of these points or have other fundamental critique on btc i would invite you to join the campaign for boycott. Feel free to put a statement of protest/boycott into your signature and stop using it. Use altcoins instead and demand from exchanges tradingpairs with other coins as basecurrency.

Bitcoin needs to be canceled. It has nothing to do anymore with the original idea of cryptocurrency.

Thank you for your attention and time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smalltimer (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 02:48:34 PM

Well, somehow we need to show them that their thinking is not the right way to go... but i don't know if Boycott would do anything at all.

sure, it would strenghten alts which is their greatest fear. Stronger alts would provide us little people could get a slice of the pie. Bitcoin itself goes nowhere because inflation. So with this currency we are going nowhere. I am all for stronger altcoins and less marketshare for btc (can't hold the value anyways, pump and dump shitcoin).
Bitcoins distribution is a joke. Why would anyone want to use that? Altcoin industry is distributed to much more people and much more equally than bitcoin is. So holding that down with their propaganda and actions is essentially robbing us altcoin investors.
smalltimer (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 03:00:05 PM

Well, somehow we need to show them that their thinking is not the right way to go... but i don't know if Boycott would do anything at all.

sure, it would strenghten alts which is their greatest fear. Stronger alts would provide us little people could get a slice of the pie. Bitcoin itself goes nowhere because inflation. So with this currency we are going nowhere. I am all for stronger altcoins and less marketshare for btc (can't hold the value anyways, pump and dump shitcoin).
Bitcoins distribution is a joke. Why would anyone want to use that? Altcoin industry is distributed to much more people and much more equally than bitcoin is. So holding that down with their propaganda and actions is essentially robbing us altcoin investors.

Exactly this is why they are investing millions of dollars into the Blockstream technology. They are trying hard to stay at the top, while saying everything else is a shitcoin but still want their features via the blockstream.... this shows how single minded their mindset is.

We have again the same problem as with the banks, once on top they don't want anyone else there. And this is very sad to see such development.
In my view the Bitcoin foundation failed miserably in many ways already.

they are all that what needed to be avoided. Totally lost their way but bully everyone else. They are anti-colourful, anti-diversity, anti-efficiency, anti-profit for the latecomers, anti-wealthdistribution, anti innovation, anti decentralisation, anti the sane mind

i refuse to use it.
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 03:03:12 PM

I'm not for a "boycott" but I know what you are saying, it's insulting to see these Bitcoin technocrats and celebrities getting up on stage or on twitter yacking how the alt market is nothing but a den of crooks and thieves, yet they want to fork the innovations created in this "scam market" for themselves via sidechains.
smalltimer (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 03:04:36 PM

I'm not for a "boycott" but I know what you are saying, it's insulting to see these Bitcoin technocrats and celebrities getting up on stage or on twitter yacking how the alt market is nothing but a den of crooks and thieves, yet they want to fork the innovations created in this "scam market" for themselves via sidechains.

exactly and the least we can do is oppose  this ideology and propaganda.
They are all hypocrits pumping their own bags and nothing else.

Bitcoin is not superior to alts, in fact it is inferior to many alts
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 03:07:53 PM

I applaude this effort. Supporting this.

BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 03:08:38 PM

I agree that it suppresses progression and innovation in other cryptos, it's like a fat guy getting passed by a more fit person trying to hold him not letting him pass. Mjority of Bitcoin fans do the same by trying to talk shit on other projects attempting to not let them pass by, even if that project offers a real purpose and innovation, they get butthurt because its not bitcoin.

I'm a bitcoin supporter aswell but their fan base is getting retarded and not willing to open their fcking eyes to potential projects, especially some 2.0 startups which i hope to shine and put bitcoiners a lesson not to think bitcoin is the only true currency.
Bizmark13

Activity: 462

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 03:15:49 PM

I blame the bubbles. What would have worked well is for Bitcoin to have gradually gained interest and mainstream adoption. Then the price would reflect this growing demand and the market cap would increase at a steadily rate that would have made the inflation irrelevant. Look at what happened in 2012 as an example. Bitcoin slowly appreciated in price in a sensible manner. Instead what we got were a series of bubbles, bear markets, and butthurt "investors". Bitcoin isn't the problem. We are.
smalltimer (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 03:21:32 PM

I blame the bubbles. What would have worked well is for Bitcoin to have gradually gained interest and mainstream adoption. Then the price would reflect this growing demand and the market cap would increase at a steadily rate that would have made the inflation irrelevant. Look at what happened in 2012 as an example. Bitcoin slowly appreciated in price in a sensible manner. Instead what we got were a series of bubbles, bear markets, and butthurt "investors". Bitcoin isn't the problem. We are.

it's all pump and dump
Ume

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Finding oNlinE JoB ---=== :)

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 03:24:38 PM

it's all pump and dump

if bitcoin deso`nt help u !! then share it amony peoples !! i m not leaving bitcoin !! and never will !!
Blazr

Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 03:39:07 PM

I don't know why I'm even replying. But let me try this one time.

-Bitcoin suffers from high inflation and is unable to maintain its value. This makes it unfit for use in daily business, slows adoption and makes it very volatile and a psychological terror for many people

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Myths#Bitcoin_can.27t_work_because_there_is_no_way_to_control_inflation

-The bitcoiners (especially the bigger bagholders) in large parts suffer delusion of grandeur thinking it would take over the world or at least pretending to think it in order to draw in noobs and rob them of their money (transfer their wealth to miners and early investors)

I don't agree with this, but people have a right to think whatever they like - even if they are clearly wrong.

- Bitcoin is wasteful. The high inflation leads to a too large and centralised mining industry consuming huge amounts of electricity and money.

I agree that POW is wasteful, however POW is the currently most tested and studied system. At least we know all of the strengths/weaknesses of POW, another scheme may have weaknesses that weren't even thought about until it's too late. I would imagine Bitcoin might one day switch to a less wasteful system once one has been tested and studied as much as POW has and such a scheme has noticeable improvements over POW.

- Bitcoin actively holds down alternative currencies and with this slows down progress and real innovation (bitcoins only concern in regards of innovation seems to be to keep the upper hand over alts and with this behaviour ensure the latecomers not get a thing from joining the cryptomovement and are forced to use btc instead to make the large bagholders rich while preventing everyone who joined later to make profit at all. So bitcoin is anti fair distribution and an elitist shitcoin)

Source on this please.

Most alternative cryptocurrencies are using the Bitcoin Core client source code and are merging all of the changes made to it. Bitcoin does help altcoins tremendulously.

- The fork-issue has shown large parts of btc bagholders have become so arrogant they want to get rid of the consensus and don't care anymore about decentralisation
IMO, people are making a big deal out of the fork issue when it's not needed. It's hardly like 1MB is some super magical number. It reminds me of the time Bill Gates said computers would never need more than 640KB RAM. The Blockchain is being used to store a lot more stuff than initially thought and Bitcoin has grown way faster than what was expected. This is the second time we've had to change the block limit.

- Bitcoin does not care about the little man, it's all about that small cabale that was around at launch.

Source please. I don't see how Bitcoin cares more about any group in particular or how it is hostile to any group. It's just an openly-developed protocol.

Bitcoin has become the cancer of cryptocurrency and holds back progress and surpresses the entire altcoin industry. It is a scam for early adopters and miners to get rich of YOUR money by hyping  it up to the point of telling people 10million$ for a coin would be realistic. This is a get rich quick mentality and often times misleading marketing (comparison to gold while it is inflationary more than fiat) and bitcoin looks very, very much like a ponzi right now.  

I really hate the "hyping" stuff, but what can I do. People are free to do whatever they want, I can't stop them. The hyping thing happens with altcoins too.

But I don't see how Bitcoin is holding back altcoins especially when most altcoins are using it's codebase.

Dajve

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 03:40:04 PM

Hard to tell whether you're trolling (I suspect you are) but the cancer of cryptos are altcoin scams and it's the adopters of these shitcoins and scamscoins that actually want to 'get rich off your money by hyping it up'. Actually come to think about it I think you're trying to be ironic here lol.
smalltimer (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 03:48:14 PM

@Blazr

discussion and arguments about mining is here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=918068.0

pow is not wasteful, pow with high inflation is. All arguments in the thread above

don't have time for the rest. Seen you comment in meta you wanted to get rid of altsection altogether
see here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=885736.0

so you are biased by the bag you are holding and thus i don't have time for arguments with you. Maybe on the other thread about the mining, yes. but not on this one.

This thread of yours just backs up my points
smalltimer (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 03:54:57 PM

Hard to tell whether you're trolling (I suspect you are) but the cancer of cryptos are altcoin scams and it's the adopters of these shitcoins and scamscoins that actually want to 'get rich off your money by hyping it up'. Actually come to think about it I think you're trying to be ironic here lol.

yes, scams are a problem. And i suspect a good  portion of those scams is orchestrated by the bitcoiners to hold the alts down and teach people "just stay with bitcoin". It also explains why these scams are allowed here.
Blazr

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 04:01:24 PM

@Blazr

discussion and arguments about mining is here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=918068.0

pow is not wasteful, pow with high inflation is. All arguments in the thread above

don't have time for the rest. Seen you comment in meta you wanted to get rid of altsection altogether
see here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=885736.0

so you are biased by the bag you are holding and thus i don't have time for arguments with you. Maybe on the other thread about the mining, yes. but not on this one.

This thread of yours just backs up my points

Actually I wanted to separate Bitcoin and altcoins, which makes a lot of sense.

That doesn't prove that I own Bitcoin, hence doesn't make me a "biased bagholder" I sold most of my Bitcoin when it was $30. All my points were completely unbiased.

You should also read up on the definition of the word inflation, you seem to be using it to mean something else:
DEFINITION of 'Inflation'

The rate at which the general level of prices for goods and services is rising, and, subsequently, purchasing power is falling. Central banks attempt to stop severe inflation, along with severe deflation, in an attempt to keep the excessive growth of prices to a minimum.

Blazr

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 04:04:45 PM

yes, scams are a problem. And i suspect a good  portion of those scams is orchestrated by the bitcoiners to hold the alts down and teach people "just stay with bitcoin". It also explains why these scams are allowed here.

Scams are not allowed here, but the staff won't "hold your hand", you have watch out for scams yourself.

In the altcoin world, it appears the majority of scamcoins are made by a very small number of people with lots of sockpuppets.

I find it hard to believe that the scamcoins arent driven by greed but by a desire to push Bitcoin. Thats some conspiracy right there.

waaat?

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 04:05:56 PM

Could very well be there's kind of a conspiracy that's just not talked about open but kind of natural thing for bitcoiners to conspire to screw over altcoins without them even talking about it. It just so happens: the big bagholders will all agree 'bitcoin is the only real coin and on its success depends everything else' - that's the propaganda they put out every day. It's actually clear as day.
BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 04:09:00 PM

someone post this thread in r/bitcoin
Blazr

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 04:26:36 PM

Well, then i think you forgot the time were Bitcoin were in war against all PoS coins especially NxT.
This is why some of the Bitcoiners tried to scam all these new PoS coin adopters to move PoW back into their game. If you want proof i can show you any of that the whole forum is filled with that stuff.

Its known that Litecoiners also attacked Dogecoin and other lower coins, i just can't prove this, but there were some Ip addresses which said they belonged to some mayor miners.

I still remember the pride of the Litecoiners in 2013 they thought they would really go far Cheesy.
But after their creator back stabbed them they really don't know what to do now.

There was a war? oh no! how many people died? was it as bad as the time the USD declared war on the Euro because the Euro claimed USD bank notes had inferior conterfeiting protections?

BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 05:23:11 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2015, 05:42:05 PM by BitcoinNational

yes, scams are a problem. And i suspect a good  portion of those scams is orchestrated by the bitcoiners to hold the alts down and teach people "just stay with bitcoin". It also explains why these scams are allowed here.

-----------
HOLY COW! I just had my daily moment of clarity.

but
I think it is mostly mid-range whales.  
Guys that scored less than 100-1000btc.

In alts they discovered the art of pump and dump.
And tripled themselves to 300-3000btc.
They've milked that cow dry.

HOWEVER
that pile of scam coin loot is starting to rot
as the bitcoin drops back to reality after a 14month binge

Most will hit the doors for $fiat
oh ... mtGox, Stamp-pede 2015
yeah that

Others will dump into the alt market.

And we are talking super SUPER dumpage.

There are many btc whales that never dumped.  Yeah they sold 100 here and there.
But that stash of 10,000 has never touched the market.  In this denial stage of the market they are pissed but hopeful.  
"I was worth millions!"

CAPITULATION
"Bitcoin $200 - $150 - $50 !!!"
That is when the whales start to dump in numbers you've never seen.

So you have noobs who are dumping investment $10k(#15 coins)  
and whales who are dumping investment i-mined-them-in-2012(#10000 coins)
and the corps who are dumping (microsoft, overstock, dell)

What's the bottom of that market?

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████