Bitcoin Forum
December 02, 2016, 08:31:49 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Just where do we live?  (Read 2522 times)
FirstAscent

Activity: 812

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 03:20:14 PM

Ah, what FirstAscent posted above.

Yes.

As I noted in my several posts before yours, I am a bit surprised by the almost non-existent mention of the Kelly Thomas case anywhere in these forums.

Note that Kelly Thomas was murdered by those thugs. Note the large pool of blood on the concrete. Did you know their lawyers (the officers' lawyers) had the nerve to suggest his death might have been the cause of incompetent paramedics?

It was determined he died of being unable to breathe due to blood from his head trauma entering into his lungs while the officer sat on him. Afterwards, while Thomas lay in the huge pool of blood, the officers joked, and made sure the paramedics tended to their scratches on their arms.

The corrupt Fullerton police deptartment then took a very long time coming to the conclusion that the officers might have been in the wrong.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deego
Donator

Activity: 317

1MCoX64q6ks2Fvx8wybGYonfvEoTPpMhhR

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2012, 03:45:48 PM

And the only reason even that happened is a very dedicated father who's an ex-cop and has now devoted his life to getting justice. There are countless others that never see justice.

FirstAscent

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 03:58:25 PM

And the only reason something got done about this is a very dedicated father who's an ex-cop and has now devoted his life to getting justice. There are countless others that never see justice.

Yes. In the later part of the video, you can hear Kelly crying out for his father, even though his father wasn't present.

There are numerous key points in the video:

1. The baton twirling.
2. The officer saying: "I'm going f you up." as he puts on the latex gloves.
3. The teasing, taunting and bullying prior to the beating.
4. The complete ignoring of Thomas as he's dying.
5. The relentless tasing.
6. The relentless bashing of his face with the baton.
7. The nonchalance and joking as he lay in a pool of blood.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1442

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 04:01:31 PM

Dude, I just hope the death penalty still exists in the state where that happened and all those cops die on the electric chair.

To serve and protect, my ass...

deego
Donator

Activity: 317

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2012, 04:08:00 PM

Sorry the video was too dull.  What's the Thomas Kelly stuff?

You really don't know?

Believe me, the video is not dull. It's tragic. Note the nightstick twirling at about 1 or 2 minutes. That is showing intent. The officer in question does indeed know Kelly Thomas, despite all the questioning. And the officer does indeed know that Kelly Thomas suffers from mental disorders.

voice-enhanced videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n_o8AgTmZs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffUdRt_QznI

pekv2

Activity: 770

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 04:15:22 PM

Dude, I just hope the death penalty still exists in the state where that happened and all those cops die on the electric chair.

+1

--

Also, I ignored firstaccents question because I have no idea what the hell he was asking talking about.
FirstAscent

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 04:17:15 PM

Ramos has been charged with second-degree murder. Death penalty's not going to happen. However, the FBI has opened an independent investigation on the whole matter, which will undoubtedly include probes into the corruption of the Fullerton police department, and the issue with the fired bar bouncer who says the bar owner called the police and made a false claim about Thomas because he didn't want him around outside.
FirstAscent

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 04:20:20 PM

Also, I ignored firstaccents question because I have no idea what the hell he was asking talking about.

Probably because you didn't read the several posts I made about Kelly Thomas prior to the question (with link provided). Given that, the statement "I think you're missing the bigger story" should have been contextually obvious.
pekv2

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 04:24:16 PM

Probably because you didn't read the several posts I made about Kelly Thomas prior to the question (with link provided). Given that, the statement "I think you're missing the bigger story" should have been contextually obvious.

Just explain, stop going in circles with the shit.
FirstAscent

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 04:30:33 PM

Just explain, stop going in circles with the shit.

I seriously do not have any idea what you want explained to you.
pekv2

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 05:24:33 PM

lol. It's alright.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2012, 05:47:56 PM

*Truly surprised by the ratio of PoliceHaters/ThoseWhoKnowTheKellyThomasStory on this forum*

Police haters? I'm pretty sure the people you are talking about would feel the same way about anyone who did that sort of thing, it just happens that most of the time that is people wearing police costumes.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
FirstAscent

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 05:58:02 PM

*Truly surprised by the ratio of PoliceHaters/ThoseWhoKnowTheKellyThomasStory on this forum*

Police haters? I'm pretty sure the people you are talking about would feel the same way about anyone who did that sort of thing, it just happens that most of the time that is people wearing police costumes.

The people I am talking about are the people on this forum who despise the police (understandable) and instead propose the privatization of police.

The observation in question is the fact that the Kelly Thomas case is perhaps the ultimate reason to despise the police and perhaps one of the best examples to demonstrate the abuse of power and corruption within police forces.

Therefore, given the nature of the Kelly Thomas case, and the demographics of this forum, I found it surprising that so few were aware of the case. I did a search to verify this. I then proceeded to make some posts to see how much attention mention of Kelly Thomas would generate. The results I got speak for themselves.

The more people who are aware of the Kelly Thomas case, the better. While I do not advocate the privatization of police, I do think the two specific examples of police behavior presented in this thread are prime examples of what is wrong with police forces in their current form. Much work and reform is necessary.
pekv2

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 06:05:57 PM

FirstAscent, are you an Officer of the Law? There is something about you that I don't like, I cannot pin point it nor know why. Just like David_Benz, same feeling.

Have you forgot about Rodney King? Or the truck filled with Mexicans that a few got the stick quite badly? And probably many more that we don;t know of or about. As you stated.

Kelly Thomas case is perhaps the ultimate reason to despise the police

FirstAscent

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 06:17:28 PM

FirstAscent, are you an Officer of the Law? There is something about you that I don't like, I cannot pin point it nor know why. Just like David_Benz, same feeling.

I've never even heard of you, nor do your thoughts and opinions interest me.
pekv2

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 06:19:19 PM

That's what I thought. You are officially on my iggy. First one, congrats.

Un sub'd.
FirstAscent

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 06:23:36 PM

That's what I thought. You are officially on my iggy. First one, congrats.

Sounds like a win for me. I won't have to endure pekv2's dimwitted commentary on the information I provided on the Kelly Thomas case, among other things.
fergalish

Activity: 440

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 06:53:56 PM

Maybe it's human nature that creates these kind of circumstances, rather than "the system". You know, power begets power and so on.  Read "Lord of the Flies" for a fictional exploration of this argument (really, this is fundamental reading for anyone interested in politics - it's short and captivating). I agree, however, that the current "system" does accentuate rather than attenuate the probability of abuses and corruption such as this.
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2012, 08:25:09 PM

Maybe it's human nature that creates these kind of circumstances, rather than "the system". You know, power begets power and so on.  Read "Lord of the Flies" for a fictional exploration of this argument (really, this is fundamental reading for anyone interested in politics - it's short and captivating). I agree, however, that the current "system" does accentuate rather than attenuate the probability of abuses and corruption such as this.

I have read it, and it certainly got me thinking. Did you read the linked article? They took randomly selected students, screened them for any psychological issues, and placed them in a prisoner/guard setting. Within days the "guards", without any prompting from the researchers, were horribly mistreating the "prisoners". I shudder to think what might have happened had it continued. If it is, indeed, human nature to exploit these sorts of power relationships, does that not argue for an abolishment of the relationships themselves?

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
fergalish

Activity: 440

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 09:13:04 PM

If it is, indeed, human nature to exploit these sorts of power relationships, does that not argue for an abolishment of the relationships themselves?
Taken to its extreme, you're suggesting abolishing a very central part of the human experience. We might as well just collectively eliminate ourselves altogether.  Actually, better off nuking the whole damn planet since the entire natural world is full of violent encounters.  Put the plants and animals out of their misery while we're at it.

Alternatively, we could come up with some kind of social contract, which would describe a minimum standard of good behavior to which all society's members are obliged to adhere. That way, we minimize the nasty aspects of humanity, while enjoying the pleasant aspects - like music and good wine to name a couple.

And I'd like you to think about wealth and power.  Do you think they are connected?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.